Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Cannoli Recipe

You guys can thank TB and Nancy for requesting this. I would have posted it on Soul Gardening, but I didn't want to blow up TB's comment box. ;)

Filling:
3 Cups: Full fat Ricotta Cheese
1 ¼ Cups: Confectionary powdered sugar
½ Cup: Finely chopped Pistachios
(Optional) Citron to taste
¼ Cup: Semi-sweet chocolate chip pieces
Mix together and chill overnight

Pastry:
3 Cups: Flour
¼ Cup: White Sugar
1 Teaspoon: Ground Cinnamon
¼ Teaspoon: Salt
Sift together

3 Tablespoons: Shortening
Fold in

2: Eggs (well beaten)
2 Tablespoons: White vinegar
2 Tablespoons: Cold water
2 Ounces: Finely chopped Pistachios
1: Egg white (slightly beaten)
Mix with other Pastry ingredients and chill for 30 minutes

The dough should have hardened slightly. Roll out on slightly floured surface. Using an oval cookie cutter, cut the pastry into circles about the size of a softball. Wrap pastry circles around Cannoli tubes. Seal edges with egg white. Fry in pan with ½ Cup Olive Oil and ½ Cup vegetable oil until pastry skin begins to bubble and brown. Remove from pan once desired crispiness is achieved.

Remove shells from Cannoli tubes and sift with powdered sugar. Fill shells with Cannoli filling 5 minutes before eating. Shells can be filled using a standard Pastry Bag. Do not let sit for too long or they will go soggy. ENJOY!


((I like to add different flavors besides Citron to the mix. I've used Strawberry and Lemon. I'm thinking Vanilla might be good too))

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 20 December, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm going to try it! Typically I'm not much of a baker. I once made a carrot cake from scratch that weighed about 6 pounds. It tasted good though. And I tried to make homemade brownies that never solidifed after baking for almost two hours. I just told everyone it was fudge. But this sounds like something I can do.

Thanks for posting!

 
At 20 December, 2005, Blogger Tink said...

I love to cook, but it usually takes me a few tries to make anything edible lol. This is really really easy. It just takes a little while with all the prep work. Let me know how it turns out.

 
At 20 December, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds jummy. I think I have gained weight just reading everyone's recipes.

 
At 20 December, 2005, Blogger Brooke said...

VERY yummy sounding! (And tb's brownie/fudge story had me howling!)

(Thanks for the comments!)

 
At 20 December, 2005, Blogger Arabella said...

This recipe sounds great! Thanks for posting it!

 
At 21 December, 2005, Blogger ScottyGee said...

Woman, you are making me hungry!

 
At 21 December, 2005, Blogger Tink said...

If you really want something to drool over I'll post my "Porkchop Marsala" recipe. The trick is not to drink all the wine before you've finished cooking the dinner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home