So Ends Another Episode
Daily Hoop Conversation:
Tink: I have an idea for my costume next year.
Hoop: Oh yeah?
Tink: I'm going to wear my clothes backwards and then brush my hair forward so I can wear a ponytail off my forehead.
Tink: Then I'm going to put a mask on the back of my head and walk backwards... Do you think that will freak people out?
Hoop: Probably. You're freaking ME out just talking about it.
Tink: They'll be like, "Oh no! Which side is the front of her?"
Hoop: You could call yourself "Confucianism."
Tink: Yeah! That's perfect.
Hoop: I was joking.
Hoop: And you're just joking too, right?
Around The Water Cooler:
Tink: Mmm. What kind of cologne are you wearing?
Tink: It's smells really good. That reminds me of a story.
Coworker 2: *Turns to listen*
Tink: You know how you're not supposed to fart in the shower?
Coworker: This is the story my cologne reminded you of?! Thanks a lot.
Tink: That was just the lead-up.
Coworker 2: This should be good.
Tink: You don't fart in the shower because somehow the water and the steam mixture makes it really really stinky, right?
Tink: So Hoop comes in this morning while I'm showering and he sprays on his cologne and then he leaves. Suddenly, I can't breathe. I have two choices. I can run out into the cold air to open the door, or I can use what little air I have left to yell at him.
Coworker 2: Choices, choices.
Coworker: So what did you do?
Tink: I used up my air, of course. The point of my story is... Shit, I forgot the point.
Coworker 2: Well, that was educational.
Coworker: Glad I could spur that lovely memory Tink.
Tink: I'm sorry guys. I'll let you know if I remember the point, Ok?
October Hit Statistics:
1. The leading countries for visits on my blog were the US and Canada.
2. The primary day for hits was Monday.
3. The most popular hour being 4pm.
4. The top referrers were Mignon and Alien.
5. The most used search term was, "where's waldo costume."
6. My favorite search terms were, "alanis morissette peeing in a cup," and "Have you seen your stepdads penis?"
7. The highest hit post (224) was on October 30th, the day I answered everyone's questions.
31 Quirks for 31 Days:
1. I've always believed myself to be a fairly level-headed person.
2. Evidently that doesn't apply to mornings where I haven't gotten enough sleep or coffee.
3. Someone had dumped dead bugs in the toilet yesterday before I went to use it. As I reached over to flush, and happened to get a good glance into the bowl, I was momentarily confused and then panicked by the thought that maybe I had pissed them out.
4. I'm really good at talking on the phone with strangers...
5. ...but not so hot when it's with someone I know.
6. I never let my gas tank get below the 1/4 line.
7. Once, when I was very little, my Mom and I started to run out of gas on the freeway. She told me to, "Pray." I remember squeezing my eyes shut and whispering "Don't run out of gas" over and over again.
8. And we didn't.
9. I haven't prayed since... But I wish on stars and tossed coins more often than I can count.
10. When I was ten someone told me, "It takes seven years for a wish on a falling star to come true."
11. So I wished for a car.
12. The word "Burple" (Blue-Purple) cracks me up.
13. Now that I have long hair, I have no idea what to DO with it.
14. I hope I don't have ugly kids.
15. Because I know I hate telling people their babies are cute when in reality they look more like hairless monkeys.
16. You're all wondering if you're kids are really that cute now, aren't you?
17. They are. Otherwise I wouldn't have said anything.
18. I have never seen Hoop cry...
19. ...or throw up.
20. Which leaves the score at Tink 10, Hoop 0.
21. Sometimes I start things just for the feeling of satisfaction when I finish.
22. I do NOT think Disney World is the happiest place on Earth.
23. Canada is.
24. Have you EVER met an unhappy Canadian?
25. The only time I feel sad about leaving my house is when Hoop and I are sitting outside. Some of our best conversations (and arguments) have happened on that side stoop.
26. Funny isn't it? The part that's more valuable, the inside, holds so much LESS value to me.
27. I'm a pretty easy person to shop for. I don't request much, and it's usually inexpensive.
28. Like this year for Christmas I want a new cookie pan.
29. The only one I own is four years old, rusted, and came from the dollar store. I can't use it without putting two layers of foil on it first.
30. One week after moving in, Hoop dubbed it "The Great Pan."
31. Almost all of the names I use in my stories have befitting meanings to the characters or situations they're attached to.
32. Except "Anabar." I just liked the way that one sounded.
(UPDATED TO INCLUDE)
Courtesy of Odd Mix:
The words for this weekend are...
I don't even know what that last word means, but I'm sure it's something tricky. Thanks OM *eye roll*.
Have a great weekend everyone!