Friday, December 15, 2006

The Bandwagon

Do you know what I hate about memes? They're like the flu. By the time I get around to it, everyone's already caught it. So blame Jay, Odd Mix, and my gift of procrastination for the revival of this one. *Grin*

"6 8 12 Weird Things About Me"
1. I hate mac-n-cheese and most breakfast foods. Hoop says that makes me UnAmerican.
2. I can bend my fingers backwards and drink out of my hand like a bowl. It's a great bar trick.
3. Cold things don't bother my two front teeth. I can sit them in ice cream for a full minute without being the slightest bit fazed.
4. I have duck feet.
5. I can't stand fabrics that are too soft. My brain translates them to feel oily or slick.
6. Whenever I makes lists I can never stop at the designated number. Hence the reason this list is 12 "things" long instead of 6.
7. I'm so good at procrastinating I once wrote a speech on it, ten minutes before class, and got a better grade than the people who'd written theirs the night before.
8. I'm terrified of suspension bridges.
9. My natural hair color looks wet. People either think I just got out of the shower or that I'm wearing a ton of hair products.
10. I shave every day.
11. I can read and write backwards.
12. Sometimes I can taste foods just by thinking about them hard enough.

Stressed spelled backwards: ...is desserts. Coincidence? I think not. Things have been a bit crazy lately. I'm so busy at work I've begun to suspect the whole town is staying continuously drunk. For those of you just tuning in, I work at a beer distributor. All day long I get to look at things I can't have. At least I don't work at Tiffany's or a Porsche dealership. Between the 3-4 hour daily commute, Hoop and I haven't had much time for each other. That tends to make us both cranky... and horny. We've decided not to look for a house until after the New Year. So that stress has been eliminated for a while. Some other things that might be taking the back burner:
Twisted Tink, anything fancier than a hairband, and all efforts to have a night out that involves spending over *digs in purse* 82 cents. I appreciate your patience... Or your ability to fake it. PB/TT should return to normal abnormal soon.

December Search Terms:
(What people put into search engines that bring them here)
1. saggy scrotum
Sounds like a personal problem.
2. sorry tink that's never happened before
*Sigh* You're paying for the dry cleaners right? My last names not Lewinsky ya know.
3. dunce hat sit Sorry, I've only perfected the Walk-O-Shame.
4. pickled farts
Makes great stocking stuffers!

Courtesy of
Odd Mix:

The words for this weekend are...

Joy
Celebrate


P.S. Thank you all for your wonderful responses yesterday. I was already fairly certain how I was going to respond to yesterday's email before I posted. But reading your comments was a huge comfort to me, and I feel I've learned a lot more about you all through them.

Have a bitchin' weekend!

13 Comments:

At 15 December, 2006, Blogger Jay said...

I had a feeling that YOUR list of "weird things" would be the weirdest yet. And I was right. haha ... Your not weird, your eccentric. Or colorful. Whichever you prefer.

Have a great weekend.

 
At 15 December, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

Wait, those are weird things? Oh oh... ;)

Hang in there, kiddo! And, um, I just realized that you selling your house means that I don't have your address anymore. I'm quick that way...

 
At 15 December, 2006, Blogger EE said...

#3 makes me cringe just *reading* about it....ack.

Pickled farts....LOLOLOLOLOL

 
At 15 December, 2006, Blogger Gracey said...

Tink, I shave everyday too!!! I never thought that was weird but maybe it is??? It's okay if it is...I can just add that to my list as well. :)

 
At 15 December, 2006, Blogger Alex said...

Why can't you have beer? (I may be a little slow on the upswing, but i haven't read through archives yet...)

 
At 15 December, 2006, Blogger Arabella said...

If you shave every day, then you can totally get away with nothing fancier than a hairband.

Mmmm....sweet forbidden beer.

 
At 15 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FRIDAYYYYYY!!!! Imagine the whistle blowing at the end of the workday, like on the Flintstones.

Have a great, low stress, sex filled weekend!

 
At 15 December, 2006, Blogger graymama said...

Hubby's teacher in elementray school was amazed that all of his answers on an oral test were exactly what she had written on the answer sheet that she had sitting on her desk. Hubby's mom told the teacher, "Um. He can read upside down."

 
At 15 December, 2006, Blogger Andrew Fletcher said...

Weird? Mostly no, but hating mac-n-cheese? It's a little odd. :)

 
At 16 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously, you shave every day? How do you do that without losing massive amounts of blood? And how do you do that and avoid killer razorburn?

 
At 17 December, 2006, Blogger Mike Y said...

Duck feet? What does that mean? Do you have webbed toes? Seriously, not sure what that means. If you have webbed feet, we can still be friends... so don't worry ;)

And I used to shave every day. I shave every other day now. My skin gets too dried out if I do it more often these days. And I know it's popular to shave the calves and not the thighs every day. But I couldn't do that. I'd rather shave my upper legs than my lower because it itches me :)

 
At 17 December, 2006, Blogger Lucia said...

So if I love mac 'n' cheese and breakfast food, does that make me normal!?

 
At 18 December, 2006, Blogger Jay said...

I hope the holidays afford you some small opportunity for rest and relaxation - together!

I don't like breakfast foods, either. Jason is the king of breakfast. There is just not any good compromise to be made there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home