Regularly Scheduled Blogcast
1. Friday afternoon
2. Now she has a soul.
3. "No, you want to know what's really sad? Hoop and I have been homeless for two weeks now for no reason! We packed, moved, missed a really great concert, inconvenienced my family, and we didn't have to. Not to mention the hour and forty minutes Hoop has been driving to work each day, ONE WAY. So I don't want to hear about inconveniences or sob stories. I'm not letting anyone move in until the house is officially closed."
4. I found balls I never knew I had.
5. So they arranged a closing at six o'clock that night. Hoop met up with me at the attorney's to make sure I wasn't eaten alive.
6. It wasn't until later that I was told the buyer had already started moving his things in. The Realtors had assumed I would say it was OK before they asked.
7. While signing the paperwork I mentioned how much I would have liked to meet the person who was moving into our house. He had signed earlier that morning. "He's so nice!" The Realtor gushed to us. "And very cute. You would have loved him. In fact, if you and Hoop don't work out-" I stared at her for a moment in shock.
8. It's a good thing looks really can't kill, otherwise Hoop would have maimed her.
9. As we were leaving it started to storm. Hoop and I stood out in the rain for awhile holding and kissing each other, enjoying the conclusion to a rather horrible experience. In that moment I realized... If we can get through this, we can get through anything!
10. Saturday morning Mom, Big Bit, and I went to the local humane society to look at some rescue horses. Unfortunately we didn't get to see the horses, but we DID get to play with puppies.
11. Coincidentally, the boys' evil Step Mom was visiting a humane society up in Indiana at the same time. Only, the puppies she looked at weren't the cute Terrier or Lab mixes we looked at. They were Boxer-Dane mixes.
12. True to their name, when she reached in to pet one it jumped up and gave her a black eye.
13. Karma's a bitch. :)
14. Saturday night Hoop and I met up with his coworkers for dinner and a Christmas gift exchange. We ate too much, laughed a lot, and fought over who would get a Bart Simpson ornament.
15. I won.
16. Sunday Hoop, the boys, and I went Christmas shopping at the mall.
17. We all left declaring, "Next year I'm shopping on Amazon!" Seriously. I think I spent more on lunch than I did on gifts. Poor Hoop hasn't found a single present yet.
18. On the way home Hoop entertained my brothers with stories of his youth. One involved beating up a friend's car so his parents would think it was vandalized and not wrecked while their son was sneaking out.
19. Another involved a friend who backed up the school's sewer system by plugging the toilets with leaves.
20. I started getting worried when the kids didn't take the stories for the moral lessons they were. "Sweet!" Big Bit laughed. "Cool!" Lil Bit yelled.
21. "Shit," I mumbled.
Contest courtesy of Odd Mix:
A rarity in Florida.
Sometimes you take 20 shots just to get 1 perfect one.
(Some Random Weekend Pictures)
Me and My Shadows
On The Plate
Daily Hoop Conversation:
(After the company dinner)
Hoop: Do I have to...
Tink: Do you have to what?
Hoop: *Whispers* Hug them?
Hoop: *Exhales* Oh good!
Tink: Were you worried?
Hoop: Well, once you start you can never stop. They'll expect hugs every time.
Tink: I think a handshake will do Babe.
I'm sorry I haven't commented on your blogs in awhile. I promise to make it up to you this week!