Friday, November 24, 2006

All Quiet On The Blogosphere

I think I have a turkey hangover.

I guess that's what eating two Thanksgiving dinners will do to a person. After visiting our families, Hoop and I had plans of stopping by our old house for some... exercise. Evidently Hoop's turkey-coma made him forget this when my little brother inquired about going with us.

Daily Hoop Conversation:
Big Bit: Can I go?
Tink: No hon, not this time.
Hoop: Why not? I don't mind.
Tink: *Glares* I thought you wanted to stop by the house afterward and say "Good-bye?"
Hoop: Oh yeaaah. Sorry dude, not this time.
Big Bit: But why? I'll be good!
Tink: Hoop's Grandpa's medication makes him kind of grumpy.
Big Bit: I could cheer him up.
Hoop: Besides, my Grandma isn't expecting anyone extra. There might not be enough food.
Big Bit: *Rolls eyes* I wasn't planning on eating.
Tink: (Once in car) Not enough food?! It's Thanksgiving, Hoop. We're going to have a whole friggin turkey!
Hoop: I'm sorry. I panicked!

Daily Hoop Conversation 2:
Hoop's Mom: Do you have to work tomorrow?
Tink: I do.
Hoop's Mom: That's awful!
Hoop: I have to work for four hours.
Tink: Yeah but you don't have to go in until 1. I have to get up at 6.
Alzheimer Grandpa: I don't have to get up at all!
Tink: *Whispers to Hoop* Please don't let those be his famous last words.

In Other News:
Mama Tulip has rejoined us! Click on over and tell her how much she's been missed.

Have a great weekend everyone!

10 Comments:

At 24 November, 2006, Blogger Newt said...

Ha ha ha - turkey coma. Hope you had a fond farewell to your place.

Loved DHC #2. Your conversations with AG are always good for a giggle.

 
At 24 November, 2006, Blogger Foo said...

"Exercise", eh? I guess that's one way to work off (or on) a turkey. So how was dinner at Grandpa Al'z?

Turtle and I don't have any family nearby, but we did get invited over to our adoptive grandparents' place to have Thanksgiving with them and some other strays they'd invited in. It was great, but the one down side to having Thanksgiving at friends' is that you don't have all those great leftovers. All we brought back was what was left of Turtle's sweet potato casserole.

And oh good lord... the all-Christmas station has already started up with its collection of Christmas classics mangled by pop idols and rappers. Bah.

 
At 24 November, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

LOL!! Goodbye, house! *snicker*

Yay, Mama Tulip!! I was way happy to see that bloglines entry...

 
At 24 November, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

Oh, I keep thinking of you while I'm reading this series of sort of mysteries by Kim Harrison (about a PI witch) - one her partners is a pixy and he's always using expressions like "Tink's panties, it's cold out!" Never Tinkerbell - always Tink. :)

 
At 24 November, 2006, Blogger Jay said...

You coulda just left Big Bit in the car. haha

Sorry you had to work today. That's pretty mean of them to do that. Want me to talk to your boss about that?

 
At 26 November, 2006, Blogger graymama said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

 
At 26 November, 2006, Blogger Gracey said...

Hi Tink! Turkey hangover huh? LOL! Thank goodness I didn't get one. I only ate the turkey dinner once.

 
At 26 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I WISH I had a turkey hangover. My MIL didn't make enough. No leftovers! Oh, the humanity! I wish I had been eating with you guys.

 
At 27 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that you've said goodbye to the house, I'm dying to see which new place you say "hello" to. It's all so exciting!

 
At 28 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats nice that Mama Tulip is back.Although I met her like the day before she was gone. Well, if you call that meeting anyone.

I worry about Alzheimer Grandpa. I have my own. So I know. I know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home