Shaken and Stirred
1. Friday night Hoop and I drove out to Gainesville to have dinner with Tammie and her husband Jeff.
2. Jealous? You should be. She's just as wonderful as you think she is.
3. I was proud of myself. I didn't try to touch her stomach the whole time we were there! Although I was tempted to touch her hair. She has the most gorgeous curls you could ever imagine.
4. We pigged out on Italian and discussed everything from travel (which I've done little of), to moving (which I've done too much of), to movies and sports. Before I knew it, two hours had flown by and it was time to say our good-byes.
5. Some people *cough*Hoop*cough* thought I was crazy for scheduling a night out on the same weekend we were moving. But honestly, I think it saved my sanity. What's left anyway.
6. Hoop had to work Saturday morning, dressed like an Alice In Wonderland playing card. I wish I could say there were pictures. Unfortunately I didn't have time to take any.
7. I was too busy mowing the yard and bleaching/scrubbing out trash cans.
8. Do you know what's stupid? CLEANING a trash can. You're just going to put garbage back in it sooner or later.
9. The rest of Saturday pretty much sucked.
10. The carpet cleaners never showed up, forcing us to call someone else last minute.
11. Then the lady at the UHaul place informed us that we got a free month of storage with the purchase of our trailer.
12. Of course we already had a storage unit somewhere else and half full of our heaviest furniture.
13. And then I called our new Realtor and accidentally left the message, "How gay" on her voicemail. She was very curt when she called back.
14. I can visualize the hate mail now. WHY are you people here?!
15. I'm not a bigot. Honest. Here, have some gay penguins. Apparently one of them was running for President back in '94.
16. Saturday night Hoop and I decided to take a break and go to the fair. We're not huge fans of the attractions or the food, but we love the atmosphere. I mostly go to take blurry pictures of all the rides.
17. Of course there is the exception... For a dollar each, Hoop and I entered a tent that bragged to house the largest horse in the U.S. We were impressed. The horse wasn't. He never paused in his eating. Which might explain his size.
18. Sunday whipped by in a blur of cleaning, moving, pitching things, and the dog running away. Evidently Duff didn't want to move. I threatened to move without him. But he didn't seem worried. Instead, he ran circles around the yard and then disappeared into the woods for two hours.
19. This morning, as I drove the hour to work, I found my mind wandering around. It's not usual for me to have so much free time.
20. "If Google owns Blogger why isn't it called "Bloggle" instead?"
21. "If commas are the points where everyone pauses in a sentence, and I use too many commas, does that mean I have an abnormal pausing problem?"
22. "How is Splenda better for you than sugar if it's made FROM sugar?"
23. And that was without coffee.
Contest courtesy of Odd Mix:
Persevere and Challenge
I played! I just haven't had the chance to load them yet. Look for them tomorrow.
Not Far From The Tree:
Alzheimer Grandpa: Whatcha doin'?
Hoop: We're looking for a place to stash our lawn mower. Is that OK?
AG: Sure! How about over here?
Hoop: I don't think it'll fit back there.
AG: How about under this thing?
Hoop: I don't know what's in that.
AG: *Lifts it up and roaches pour out*
Tink: *Hops up and down* Nasty!
Hoop: Close it Grandpa!
AG: What was that?
Hoop: That's where Grandma keeps her compost.
Tink: How about over there?
Hoop: That works.
AG: No, no. That's too close to the house. What about over here? What's under this thing? *Points to compost cover*
Tink and Hoop: NO!
AG: *Lifts it up and roaches pour out*
Tink: *Closes lid* Leave that alone OK?
AG: There were all kinds of dirt and bugs in there!
Countdown Until Hoop And I Are Homeless: 1 Day!