Monday, November 20, 2006

Shaken and Stirred

Weekend Recap:
1. Friday night Hoop and I drove out to Gainesville to have dinner with
Tammie and her husband Jeff.
2. Jealous? You should be. She's just as wonderful as you think she is.
3. I was proud of myself. I didn't try to touch her stomach the whole time we were there! Although I was tempted to touch her hair. She has the most gorgeous curls you could ever imagine.
4. We pigged out on Italian and discussed everything from travel (which I've done little of), to moving (which I've done too much of), to movies and sports. Before I knew it, two hours had flown by and it was time to say our good-byes.
5. Some people *cough*Hoop*cough* thought I was crazy for scheduling a night out on the same weekend we were moving. But honestly, I think it saved my sanity. What's left anyway.
6. Hoop had to work Saturday morning, dressed like an Alice In Wonderland playing card. I wish I could say there were pictures. Unfortunately I didn't have time to take any.
7. I was too busy mowing the yard and bleaching/scrubbing out trash cans.
8. Do you know what's stupid? CLEANING a trash can. You're just going to put garbage back in it sooner or later.
9. The rest of Saturday pretty much sucked.
10. The carpet cleaners never showed up, forcing us to call someone else last minute.
11. Then the lady at the UHaul place informed us that we got a free month of storage with the purchase of our trailer.
12. Of course we already had a storage unit somewhere else and half full of our heaviest furniture.
13. And then I called our new Realtor and accidentally left the message, "How gay" on her voicemail. She was very curt when she called back.
14. I can visualize the hate mail now. WHY are you people here?!
15. I'm not a bigot. Honest. Here, have some
gay penguins. Apparently one of them was running for President back in '94.
16. Saturday night Hoop and I decided to take a break and go to the fair. We're not huge fans of the attractions or the food, but we love the atmosphere. I mostly go to take blurry pictures of all the rides.
17. Of course there is the exception... For a dollar each, Hoop and I entered a tent that bragged to house the largest horse in the U.S. We were impressed. The horse wasn't. He never paused in his eating. Which might explain his size.
18. Sunday whipped by in a blur of cleaning, moving, pitching things, and the dog running away. Evidently Duff didn't want to move. I threatened to move without him. But he didn't seem worried. Instead, he ran circles around the yard and then disappeared into the woods for two hours.
19. This morning, as I drove the hour to work, I found my mind wandering around. It's not usual for me to have so much free time.
20. "If Google owns Blogger why isn't it called "Bloggle" instead?"
21. "If commas are the points where everyone pauses in a sentence, and I use too many commas, does that mean I have an abnormal pausing problem?"
22. "How is Splenda better for you than sugar if it's made FROM sugar?"
23. And that was without coffee.


Contest courtesy of
Odd Mix:

Persevere and Challenge

I played! I just haven't had the chance to load them yet. Look for them tomorrow.

Not Far From The Tree:
Alzheimer Grandpa: Whatcha doin'?
Hoop: We're looking for a place to stash our lawn mower. Is that OK?
AG: Sure! How about over here?
Hoop: I don't think it'll fit back there.
AG: How about under this thing?
Hoop: I don't know what's in that.
AG: *Lifts it up and roaches pour out*
Tink: *Hops up and down* Nasty!
Hoop: Close it Grandpa!
AG: What was that?
Hoop: That's where Grandma keeps her compost.
Tink: How about over there?
Hoop: That works.
AG: No, no. That's too close to the house. What about over here? What's under this thing? *Points to compost cover*
Tink and Hoop: NO!
AG: *Lifts it up and roaches pour out*
Tink: *Closes lid* Leave that alone OK?
AG: There were all kinds of dirt and bugs in there!

Countdown Until Hoop And I Are Homeless: 1 Day!

14 Comments:

At 20 November, 2006, Blogger Newt said...

I bet when this is over you'll sleep for a week!

Glad to hear you had a nice dinner.

 
At 20 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the AG convo!

 
At 20 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO jealous that you met Teebs!!! I'm glad you guys had a good time. :)

 
At 20 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got it all done. I know it was hell.

I had my camera in my bag the whole time at dinner and I completely forgot to get picutures dammit!

Let's definitely plan a lake camping trip for sometime next summer...Lake Placid without the alligators ;o)

 
At 20 November, 2006, Blogger spellconjurer said...

I need a candy dish of prozac to nibble on. I'm all stressed out. Where are tink and hoop going to lay their heads at night? Will there be a break in blogging? Can you blog from work? Will the new realtor not try hard to find you a house since you left that adorable message? Are the dogs worried? fidgity? Where is your pc going to be? Will you have any privacy to DO IT? OH lord. By the way, I've been showing EVERYONE your Halloween photos here. Family, friends, neighbors, perfect strangers (it's that billboard I put you and Hoop on). Just buy a house already, get settled in, so I can know you won't have a lapse in posts.

 
At 20 November, 2006, Blogger Mignon said...

I get a perverse satisfaction from bleaching my trash can. And you can read that any way you want.

 
At 20 November, 2006, Blogger Sunshine said...

I'm the queen of overscheduling. But there's a psychotic satisfaction of forcing your partner to multi-task. "See honey, we accomplished 837 things in a 2 hour time frame, doesn't that kick ass?"
Going out the weekend you're moving...oh yeah baby.

 
At 20 November, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

Are you SURE you're going to want that lawn mower back?! Eeep...

Um, maybe I've missed it - but are you living in your cars or what after tomorrow?! Guess it's not turkey day at your house...

 
At 20 November, 2006, Blogger Jay said...

Hey. Yeah. Where ARE you guys going to be living? With your parents?

 
At 20 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But...but...but...pictures? Didn't you take any pictures of your dinner with Teebs and Jeff?

 
At 20 November, 2006, Blogger EE said...

*sigh* Let me try this AGAIN....I was kicked off earlier today.

So the AG convo, that's just not right, lol.

And the peep meet sounds like the perfect way to get your mind off of things, take a break mentally. That can be incredibly helpful sometimes to alleviate stress...I know these things. ;)

 
At 21 November, 2006, Blogger mrspao said...

Good luck with the last bits of your move. We've just started the "keep the house pristine and pray that cats don't spew whilst we're out" game for prospective buyers of our house.

 
At 21 November, 2006, Blogger Gracey said...

Sounds like you had an exciting weekend, and it is always a good thing to go out and relax a little when things start getting too stressed out for you.

I'm writing this comment on Tuesday which mean you may be homeless now? Please tell me you have somewhere to go and you and Hoop won't be at the corner of your nearest gas station! :)

 
At 21 November, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Newt: You can say that again! I had to get up at 5 o'clock this morning just to get to work on time. Oy.

OddMix: Isn't he dear?

TB: I had my camera too! I was having so much fun I totally forgot to get any pictures. We're such dopes. Next summer sounds great, minus the gator bait. ;)

SC: The answers to your questions:
My parents for now. Hopefully not. I can blog at work, as long as the IT snoops don't catch me. She has teenage daughters, so I'm sure I didn't phase her TOO much (hehe). I keep telling the dogs it's for their own good; think, bigger yard! My PC is in storage, hence the lack of pictures lately *pout*. Hoop and I will always find ways of "doing it." We'll just have to practice being quieter. I'm so glad you enjoyed the Halloween pictures! I had so much fun taking them.

Mignon: The mental images I got are not PG enough to post girl.

Sunshine: I'm the list and scheduling QUEEN. Unfortunately the rest of the world doesn't seem to be on the same schedule.

Chris/Jay/Gracey: Right now we're staying with my parents. And also paying my 14yr old brother rent. :)

Wordgirl: *Hangs head* No. I know. Can you believe that?!

EE: If I hadn't gone out this weekend I think I'd be locked up in a padded cell right now.

MrsPao: Here's my trick for keeping the showers clean longer... Wipe them down with RainX.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home