Thursday, November 30, 2006

My Hamster Wheel

Minus the cheese.

I have been in meetings since 8:30 this morning, and I'm only running on two cups of unleaded coffee. So please excuse this uncreative post. Instead I leave you with two of the most bizarre news articles I've ever read. I won't lie. They made me laugh. See if you too don't find them disturbingly funny.

Missing Woman Found Dead Behind Bookcase
Quite possibly the most pathetic sad strange way a person could die.

A woman's body was found wedged upside-down behind a bookcase in the home she shared with relatives who had spent nearly two weeks looking for her. A spokesman for the Pasco County Sheriff's Office said Mariesa Weber's death was not suspicious. Family members said they believe she fell over as she tried to adjust the plug of a television behind the bookshelf.

Weber, 38, returned home Oct. 28 and greeted her mother, then wasn't seen again. Her family thought she had been kidnapped and contacted authorities. Family members scoured her room for clues but found nothing, though they did notice a strange smell. On Nov. 9, Weber's sister went into her bedroom and looked behind a bookcase, where she saw the woman's foot. Using a flashlight the family saw Weber was wedged upside-down behind the unit."I'm sleeping in the same house as her for 11 days, looking for her," her mother, Connie Weber, told the St. Petersburg Times. "And she's right in the bedroom."

Both Weber and her sister had previously adjusted the television plug by standing on a bureau next to the shelf and leaning over the top. Her family believes Weber, who was 5'3" and barely 100 pounds, may have fallen head first into the space. "She's a little thing," her mother said. "And the bookcase is 6 feet tall and solid. And she couldn't get out." The sheriff's office said Weber appeared to have died because she was unable to breathe in the position she was in.

Man Baker Acted After Trying To Rob Bank
This happened in my parents' town. And no, it's not Hoop.

A 31-year-old ------- man who was first thought to be robbing a local bank was determined to require mental health care. On Nov. 16, the 911 caller stated a man wearing a Speedo- style bathing suit was present at the Compass Bank, where he advised the tellers he was there to rob the bank, according to Deputy A.F. Harris. The man was given a credit application instead of money and he left on a blue/purple motor scooter. Several minutes later, he returned with the credit application. He was met in the parking lot by Deputy Harris. The suspect again said he was there to rob the bank. After a confusing interview, the suspect was taken into custody and it was decided to Baker Act him, Deputy Harris said.

15 Comments:

At 30 November, 2006, Blogger Jay said...

Didn't that woman try to push the bookshelves over or anything? That is just beyond strange. And yes, pretty funny in that sad, pathetic kind of way.

Don't you just love sitting in meetings all morning. My favorite thing at my old job to was to sit in 3 meetings held by the same man one right after the other, back to back to back and then have him ask me, at the end of the third meeting if I had done what we talk about in the first meeting yet. God I hated that man.

 
At 30 November, 2006, Blogger Mike Y said...

That is a horrible way to die. I cannot imagine that one. And to be in the same house and not notice must feel awful.

And the man should have been arrested just for wearing the Speedo ;)

 
At 30 November, 2006, Blogger Newt said...

Those are certainly head scratchers. And I'm very glad you let us know it wasn't Hoop. I would have just assumed........

 
At 30 November, 2006, Blogger Mignon said...

The second one I read four times because I thought it was about a male baker that acted funny while trying to rob a bank. But why was it relevant that he was a baker?

I'm sorry, but why even put the unleaded coffee in your mouth?? It's like blowing a eunuch... sorta.

 
At 30 November, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Mignon: LMFAO! He wasn't a baker. He was baker acted. You know, committed? Omg, that's funnier than the actual article.

"But why even put the unleaded coffee in your mouth?" I knew something was up after I drank two cups and couldn't stop yawning. Then the receptionist realized she'd used the wrong coffee in the wrong (designated "leaded") pot. But I was already on my way to the meeting and couldn't stop for a refill.

Jay: Your meetings sound much worse than mine. Although I was doing some of the talking and teaching in the one I attended today.

Mike Y: I still can't wrap my brain around how she got stuck back there. She landed so perfectly she couldn't breathe, yell, or shove the thing over? Crazy.

Newt: I love Hoop and even I don't want to imagine him in a Speedo. The part about the purple motor scooter cracked me up. Nice getaway vehicle huh?

 
At 30 November, 2006, Blogger mrspao said...

I'm looking at bookcases anxiously now!

 
At 30 November, 2006, Blogger Gracey said...

How bizarre is that???? I just looked back at our big bookshelves and thought of me falling head first behind them. She must have been old or something because you would think you could do something to get out of there. Very strange and freaky!!

 
At 30 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talkin' about being yanked outta life by your maker and fast! No time to even scream for help, He needed her UP THERE that badly. Amazing.

Speedo? Eew.

 
At 30 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave told me about the bookcase woman the other night. I cannot believe that. Poor thing.

 
At 30 November, 2006, Blogger gawilli said...

"Family members scoured her room for clues but found nothing, though they did notice a strange smell."

A strange smell and they did not find her until 11 days later. Geez.

 
At 30 November, 2006, Blogger EE said...

[shaking head] Okay then.........

LOL!

(oh and don't let Mike fool you...he's been trying to talk me into allowing him to get a speedo like the one James Bond wore on his latest movie *snort* ;)

 
At 30 November, 2006, Blogger Mike Y said...

Hello! It wasn't a speedo! I don't think. ;)

 
At 30 November, 2006, Blogger EE said...

LMAO, you're such a dork Mike. YES IT WAS! It was totally a *type* of Speedo. And still, NO, you can not have one.

 
At 01 December, 2006, Blogger Mike Y said...

Ahhh shoot!

 
At 01 December, 2006, Blogger Lily said...

1. She could not scream because she could not breathe

2. She also could not escape because she could not breathe.

3. She was not old, she was in her thirties.

See, I get my caffeine!!!!!

See Tink this shit woulda never happened in Hernando. They investigate their bad smells.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home