Thursday, December 14, 2006

I'm A Model

Last night I received a package from Newt that completely made my week.


SPORK JEWELRY!

You're jealous aren't you?

I've dubbed them "Golden Spork" "When Sporks Fly" and "Born With A Silver Spork In My Mouth." I'm trying to convince her to start a whole line of them. Spork earrings, spork pendants, spork rings... I'd gladly model them! You know, as free advertisement. :)

Besides being such an amazing and thoughtful friend, Newt happens to be one of the most creative and clever people I've ever met. There aren't enough words to express my gratitude for having her in my life. Thank you Newt!

UPDATE: I'm wearing one of the necklaces today. So far only one person has noticed. She asked if it was "an Egyptian hand or something?" When I proudly exclaimed, "No! It's a Golden Spork." She just stared at it blankly and said, "Oh-kay then."

Daily Hoop Conversation:
(On phone together)
Tink: Did you get my text?
Hoop: I don't know, let me check.
Tink: You can check your texts while you're on the phone?
Hoop: Hold on, I'm putting you on speaker.
Tink: Why can't my phone do that?
Hoop: Yup, got it.
Tink: Well that's good.
Hoop: Could you hear me on speaker OK?
Tink: Yeah, just fine. I had a question for you though...
Hoop: What's that?
Tink: Could you hear me on speaker OK?
Hoop: What?
Tink: Crap. That was YOUR question!
Hoop: Oh. My. God.
Tink: Oh no, what was MY question?!
Hoop: Did you just accidentally ask me what I asked you?
Tink: This is serious Hoop! I can't remember my question.

Two For The Price Of One: After you get done admiring my new jewelry, check out today's second post below.

20 Comments:

At 14 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO at your Hoop convo. Sounds like something I'd do. *snort*

The necklaces are AMAZING! Did Newt make them? And I'm totally LOL at your co-worker thinking it was an Egyptian hand. Hoo boy...

 
At 14 December, 2006, Blogger Peggy said...

I wish I had enough html experience to have green text here.

Newt sounds like a wonderful friend!

 
At 14 December, 2006, Blogger Pamer said...

Those necklaces are definitely the "must have" item of the holidays. Awesome!!

 
At 14 December, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

Hee hee - sounds like "Who's on First"! Golden Spork jewelry - cool!

 
At 14 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am with you! I think you must start a SPORK trend! Spork symbolism.

I think they're great. I dont know Newt. But I think they look fabulous.

 
At 14 December, 2006, Blogger Mignon said...

Me Likey! The one on the left, fer sher. The one on the right reminds me of a mummified tongue. Cut with fancy scissors. Okay, that was a stretch, but better than an Egyptian hand.

Newt, you're awesome.

 
At 14 December, 2006, Blogger Mary said...

sweet bling bling ya got there! I'd wear them with pride :)

 
At 14 December, 2006, Blogger Lucia said...

Very cool! I'm lovin' the winged spork. I got some very zippy Virgin of Guadalupe glittery earrings in bottle tops in yesterday's mail.

 
At 14 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bigger versions would make great Christmas ornaments too.

What a cool gift.

 
At 14 December, 2006, Blogger Jay said...

The sporks are so very cool. When I saw them I thought of them being used as Christmas ornaments too. Newt is just plain cool.

 
At 14 December, 2006, Blogger Gracey said...

I love the sporks. They are too cute, but I don't blame the girl for not knowing what a spork was! LOL!

 
At 14 December, 2006, Blogger Mike Y said...

LMAO! You two are SO funny. :) Psst... do you remember what we just talked about???

 
At 14 December, 2006, Blogger mrspao said...

Hehehe spork jewellery !!! That's fantastic!

 
At 14 December, 2006, Blogger Kell said...

Only Newt could create spork jewelry--that's awesome. I bet you looked great in your new necklace.

 
At 14 December, 2006, Blogger furiousBall said...

that is the greatest spork jewelry i've ever seen

 
At 14 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fun! Newt did good! I love the winged one the most...only it needs to be a Golden Flying Spork!

 
At 15 December, 2006, Blogger EE said...

Oh god...I could have had that same convo...with ANYONE....LMAO!!!!

And cool! Spork jewelry!

 
At 15 December, 2006, Blogger Sunshine said...

Spork jewelry....I need to see if it's on Amazon yet. I'm amazed by it!

 
At 15 December, 2006, Blogger graymama said...

Newt is so sweet, thoughtful and talented :-) I would buy a golden spork!

 
At 16 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looove the idea of spork earrings! Great Hoop conversation BTW. Confusing but funny. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home