Monday, December 18, 2006

Slo-Mo

Imagine a sloth covered in molasses... Only slower. That's me today.

On top of my unmotivatedness (I know it's not a word, bite me) everyone and their brother has decided to pop in today.

NONE of them brought chocolate. The nerve.

Weekend Recap:
1. Since moving out of our house I've developed an irrational fear that Hoop is going to die on me...
2. ...not that he'll leave because I'm a stressed out nutcase who keeps confusing her lighter for her chapstick, which would seem more realistic.
3. Hoop would like me to clarify that he has NO intention of leaving me, even though I am a stressed out nutcase who keeps confusing her lighter for her chapstick.
4. Friday Hoop and I were supposed to have a relaxing evening alone at my parents' house. They'd left for a hotel in Jax so they could take my brothers to the airport in the morning. It didn't turn out so relaxing.
5. As I was driving home and talking to Hoop on my cell, the signal began to fade. "I'll call you back in five minutes," I told him.
6. I couldn't reach him again for an hour and a half.
7. At first I tried to rationalize the situation. "Maybe his phone died? No, it's ringing. Maybe it's on vibrate? But he answered it before. Besides, wouldn't he worry that I haven't called him back yet? Oh my God, maybe he got into a fatal accident!"
8. Nice leap there huh? Phone's on vibrate... to fatal accident.
9. As it turned out his phone really was on vibrate.
10. He called. I cried hysterically while babbling something about seatbelts and reckless driving. The situation was resolved. But the irrational fear is still there.
11. I can't stop daydreaming about covering him in bubblewrap.
12. Saturday we drove over to Hoop's Mom's house and spent the day walking around our old town. After living in the country for a month we've realized how nice it was to be by restaurants and shopping districts.
13. I've done all my shopping lately in a CVS. It's just not the same.
14. Especially since the cashiers all know me by name now. *Shudder*
15. All in all it was a great day. We laughed, and talked, and recreated our first kiss in the cemetery. Well, we tried.

Tink: Wasn't our first kiss in front of the prayer house?
Hoop: I thought it was in front of the Nuns' gravestones.
Tink: Maybe it was further down. Oh crap, I'm STANDING on a grave.
Hoop: I'm pretty sure that praying Jesus statue was to the right of us.
Tink: Those tourists are staring.
Hoop: Well then hurry up and kiss me.

16. Maybe we should have picked somewhere a little more normal. ;)


Contest courtesy of
Odd Mix:

Celebrate

Santa's Budman's Helper

(My) Joy...



...is living near a place this beautiful.

(Some Random Weekend Pictures)

Oil Lamp Graveyard


On The Fort Wall


Hues

21 Comments:

At 18 December, 2006, Blogger Jay said...

If you wrapped Hoop in bubble wrap he could spend the day "popping" the bubbles. You know how addictive that is. You would have to replace the wrap every other day or so.

And, he had the phone on vibrate in his FRONT pocket. He just wanted you to keep calling him.

 
At 18 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever had a dark chocolate covered rice krispy treat?

Mamalujo

 
At 18 December, 2006, Blogger Mignon said...

Do I have to be the first to say it? WHY ARE YOU CARRYING AROUND A LIGHTER, NOT-SMOKING GIRL?

Mamalujo, we call those rat shit. You better sniff 'em first, just in case.

 
At 18 December, 2006, Blogger meno said...

I thought i was the queen of leaping from 5 minutes late to years and years of lonely widowhood. Nice work!

 
At 18 December, 2006, Blogger Mary said...

well I hope you still had some fun alone for a night :) Even if you were being a worry wort. hehehe

what fort are those pics from? We went to one when we were in FL, but I can't remember which one...

 
At 18 December, 2006, Blogger Foo said...

Nice pictures, Tink. The pictures of the fort remind me of the fort Turtle and I visited when we stopped at San Juan during our cruise this past May.

And you know how I am about old windows.

 
At 18 December, 2006, Blogger Kell said...

Those are amazing photos! I especially love the palm trees, the oil lamps, and Hues. Just beautiful.

 
At 18 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely photos!

And am I the only one that caught the bit about confusing your lighter for your chapstick? Darlin', I thought you'd quit smoking?!

What did I miss?

 
At 18 December, 2006, Blogger gawilli said...

Unmotivatedness works for me - I can relate the the sloth covered in molasses thing, too.

I love the "Hues" picture. I could see that in a large print hanging in my living room.

 
At 19 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the pic of the window. You take some really great shots, girl!

(And I've been known to leap from rational to everyone has died in a horrible car wreck too. It's totally normal.)

 
At 19 December, 2006, Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

Playing catch up - did you find a place to live? Are you renting or did you buy? Don't know why I asked that but it seemed the thing to ask.

You are in a period of transistion and that always makes me irrational - just go with it.

Most important question: Did you use your CVS card??? Ha!

 
At 19 December, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

Your photos are simply amazing, Tink - you could have your very own greeting card line, I swear.

But if it had been someplace more "normal," it wouldn't be you two! :)

 
At 19 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE your pics. I feel cold now.

I feel better that our first kiss was in a supermarket parking lot after I tried to meet him and got lost. I thought he left and I would never meet him. The logistics of meeting a person you only talked to on the phone can be rough.

One day hubby made a comment about how every year since my cell phone has gotten smaller and smaller. Back then it looked like a graphing calculator.

Hang in there, Tink. Go play in the bushes! You will have a home, privacy, all that soon enough. Sometimes limbo can be..liberating? Thats a long damn commute though.

 
At 19 December, 2006, Blogger Mike Y said...

Tink, you're too much, LOL! You are hilarious. I'm sorry you're having such thoughts and anxieties, but being wrapped in bubble wrap sounds a bit kinky. You could always make it so ;)

 
At 19 December, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Jay: You make a good point. Maybe bubblewrap isn't such a hot idea. It could be MORE of a distraction... and he's already a bit scatterbrained.

Mamalujo: No, but I've had dark chocolate covered marshmallows. Mmmmm. I call them Reindeer Poop. Sounds appetizing huh? :)

Mignon + Ch3ll3: Um. Uh. For lighting birthday candles and stuff? You never know when there's going to be a surprise birthday party.

Meno + Chelle: Hoop kept asking why I was crying. "It's because I'm ALREADY in mourning!" *Sigh* And I wonder where all those white hairs are coming from.

Mary: Fort Matanzas. It's the one made out of coquina. Attacking ships would fire cannon balls at the fort and they'd stick in the walls. The people in the fort would run out, pry out the cannon balls, and then shoot them back at their enemies. Cool huh?

Fort: I LOVE old windows and doors. This town is full of them! You and Turtle should think about vacationing here sometime to see them. *hint*hint*

Kell + Gawilli + Mamatulip: Thank you! My dream is to find a job that requires me to take pictures all day... And eat chocolate. Oh, and pays really really well. How hard could that be to find?

Debbie: Not yet. We're currently staying at my parents' house, in my 14 yr. old brother's room. We only pay him $50 a week in rent, so I can't really complain. Still... I'll be nice when this is all over and we have some privacy back.

>>Did you use your CVS card???<< Never leave home without it!

Chris: I'd have to hire someone to write the insides though. I don't think my, "Thank you for being such a horrible Realtor" or "I'm sorry for walking in on you in the bathroom" line would be very lucrative.

Lily: Hoop thinks cell phones are going to get so small they'll have to implant them in our heads to keep us from losing them. Playing in bushes hm? Not bad. Not bad at all. ;)

 
At 19 December, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Mike Y: No, SARAN-wrap is kinky. Bubblewrap would just be a distraction. Now balloons could be nice. Each one you pop reveals a little more. Are you writing this all down? This is good stuff! ;)

 
At 19 December, 2006, Blogger Andrew Fletcher said...

You hit the nail on the head about country life. It's great until you have to do things like shop at CVS. We just looked at a large farm out in the middle of nowhere and the first thing that came to my mind was where the hell will we shop for groceries or go out to eat.

Your pictures are great. The hues photo looks like it's straight out of a photo book. Awesome!!

 
At 19 December, 2006, Blogger Newt said...

Great pictures! I had to pause in my catch up frenzy to see what's been happening in your world. A treat if you will for having gone through 75% of the crap that's been waiting for me.

First kiss: parking lot of Excalibur - but that was only a one way kiss. First real kiss was up against the news stands in the San Francisco airport. Not quite as romantic as a cemetary.

 
At 19 December, 2006, Blogger graymama said...

Bubblewrap bondage can be a turn-on!

I love your Joy shots :-) Hubby and I were just talking about how we live in a beautiful city, but it lacks the breathtaking natural beauty of other locals.

Hubby and I had our first kiss in a movie theater while watching The Adams Family.

 
At 21 December, 2006, Blogger acaligurl said...

I like "hues" & "budman" nice pics.

 
At 21 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your photography is just great. I loved the way you said the words. I remember going to that fort when I was a kid - probably just about the time you were born.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home