Thursday, May 31, 2007

Tomfoolery

  • Hoop pantsed me last night. TWICE. Pantsed by my own boyfriend! Isn't there an unspoken rule against that? Fortunately, we were in the privacy of our own home. I was scooping ice cream at the time and had to waddle my way to the sink before I could pull my shorts back up. The second time happened right after he beat my hand with a wet sock. Foreplay, you say? No. He was keeping me from doing laundry. Isn't that lovely? Then he cleaned the bathroom! He also took out the trash and helped me make dinner. No, it's not my birthday. I think perhaps he's feverish. Fevers can cause irregular behavior, right? Perhaps I'll turn on the heater and get a foot rub before this passes.

  • Tuesday night, Hoop and I took a bike ride around the "hood." There's an elementary school a few streets away that uses goats, instead of mowers, for lawn control. They keep a small herd of them penned around their holding pond. I noticed some children feeding them while I was driving home and it gave me the idea of a bike ride. When I called Hoop to suggest it, he was less interested in the ride and more interested in the welfare of the kids feeding the goats.

    Hoop: Don't goats bite?
    Tink: Only a little. It's more like a nibble.
    Hoop: That's not what I heard. Those children better be careful. Otherwise they might lose a finger!
    Tink: Goats don't eat fingers!
    Hoop: Are you sure?
    Tink: Yes.
    Hoop: Well, I better drive by and make sure the kids are OK. Just in case.

    The kids (both goat and human) were fine. I haven't seen any fingerless children running around lately, and the goats didn't seem blood thirsty when we went to see them that night. But I'll let you know if the situation changes. Maybe I'll have my camera on me and I can make the first ever, "When Goats Attack" video.

  • New footage of the infamous Loch Ness Monster. Which looks a lot like a water snake. Hmm.

  • Universal Studios of Orlando is making a new theme park! "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter," will open in late 2009.

    Twisted (Tink) has been updated with another revised chapter, "Magic Beans." This chapter has taken the place of "Hanging Around" and "Going Up." We're getting closer to the spot I left off with, before I lost my mind and decided to revise the whole damn thing. Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to read and comment!
  • Labels: , ,

    22 Comments:

    At 31 May, 2007, Blogger Newt said...

    Sweet, new chapter AND the Loch Ness Monster. Tink, you are too good to us.

     
    At 31 May, 2007, Blogger Lefty said...

    Stop putting new chapters up on Twisted. I haven't caught up yet.

     
    At 31 May, 2007, Blogger mrspao said...

    Must get a time machine so I can catch up with you :)

     
    At 31 May, 2007, Blogger Jay said...

    I was just watching that video about 10 mins before I came over here to see if you posted. I will not tolerate anyone who denies the existance of Nessie. People can be skeptical if they want, but don't ruin it for the rest of us.

    I was going to post that link tomorrow actually. But, you beat me to it. ;-)

    I want to see pics of the goats. Goats are cool.

     
    At 31 May, 2007, Blogger mamatulip said...

    *snort*

    When Goats Attack. I'll bet my life savings that will be a primetime special on Fox one of these days...

     
    At 31 May, 2007, Blogger Tory said...

    Cool 'Nessie' video. I love reading your blog. And yes, we'd love to see pictures of the goats.

     
    At 31 May, 2007, Blogger Peggy said...

    We had a goat here for a short time. I had the same sort of idea. Get the goat to eat the grass and I'd not have to mow. Well it turns out that goats are browsers (eat shrubs) and not grazers (eat grass) UNLESS there is nothing else for them to eat. The goat never ate anybody's fingers but it did try to butt Baby George with her horns so back to the farm she went!

     
    At 31 May, 2007, Blogger Peggy said...

    p.s. It probably is our own Nessy in the video. It's funny that it wasn't mentioned over here.

     
    At 31 May, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Did I read right? Bike ride? OMG! If you decide you'd like to do a real bike ride, come on over to Texas, and we'll take you on one. By the way, Texas ain't flat, contrary to belief.

    I am happy to know you're getting out. Couldn't help but give ya trouble, gf.

    WV: yqsaxcpt (A weird sexual position? I dunno.)

     
    At 31 May, 2007, Blogger Tink said...

    Newt: I aim to please.

    Lefty: They'll still be there when you're ready! :)

    MrsPao: Here's the recap. Hoop and I got in an accident on Saturday. We're OK. The car isn't. Because of that I'm going to start eating $1 lunches. Um... Then a bunch of random crap that doesn't really matter happened. See? You're caught up now.

    Jay: Aw, post it anyway. I'll act surprised. *Practices surprised look*

    Mama T: Hoop and I were just discussing last night that Fox will air ANYTHING. Anything! It's disturbing.

    Tory: Pictures? Oh crap. I knew I forgot something! More reason to go back though. :)

    Peggy: It didn't eat the grass? Pfft. Well that destroys my logic in getting one. I was hoping to trade in the mower.

    Turtle: Hey now! So we've only used the bikes we bought a year ago a handful of times... It's the thought that counts, right? ;)

     
    At 31 May, 2007, Blogger captain corky said...

    I got chased up a tree by a goat once. I don't care what anyone says those f#%&*$s can be mean sometimes.

     
    At 31 May, 2007, Blogger fiwa said...

    Awwwww... he cleaned the BATHROOM?! That's tops. My boy has never, ever, done that.

    I think Hoop just wanted to go see the goats.

     
    At 31 May, 2007, Blogger Chelle Y. said...

    Oh, that Harry Potter theme park won't work. Not at all! Haha! (kidding)

     
    At 31 May, 2007, Blogger meno said...

    I'd let just about anyone pants me if they would clean the bathroom. But then i'm easy like that.

     
    At 31 May, 2007, Blogger Chris said...

    I don't suppose they were pygmy goats? But hey - there's a precedent in your neighborhood!! :D

     
    At 31 May, 2007, Blogger Jay said...

    I feel the goats will not make great lawn mowers if kids keep feeding them...they'll fill up and have no room left for the grass!

     
    At 01 June, 2007, Blogger Betty said...

    Well, Nessie did look a bit like a water snake - but, I BIG water snake. I think it was just her great, long neck, her body was underwater. Keep hope alive.

     
    At 01 June, 2007, Blogger Molly said...

    Interesting about the goats...I guess that I secretly hope that there is a Loch Ness Monster so like the videographer, I may see more than water snake. If the goats attack the children, that video would certainly get some air play...maybe even in Scotland.

     
    At 01 June, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Happy Friday! I liked the revisions to TT, but I have to say I'm holding out for a new chapter. What's going to happen now that she's in the real/alternate world? How will she get back?

     
    At 01 June, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Goats?
    Really?
    Is this normal to everyone but me?
    Did I read that right?
    Goats?

    Good for you getting the bike ride though! Good for the bod!

    Getting pantsed in my house is a no-no. For all kinds of reasons. You should have just taken them off, that would have got him!

     
    At 03 June, 2007, Blogger EE said...

    LOL, no goats don't bite. They are very curious, docile animals. They may try to nibble on your clothes, but really never fingers, much less actually *BITE* them off. *snort*

    What a sweet guy though, Hoop being so concerned about them. :)

    Why have I always thought it was 'DE-pantsed'???? Learn something new every day!

     
    At 03 June, 2007, Blogger PEACE said...

    I haven't heard the term "pantsed" since 6th grade!! It was really big during recess! Fortunately, I was fast girl.....runner that is!

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home