Out In The Wash
1. In the last couple of months, Hoop and I have learned quite a bit about the guy who used to live in our house.
2. He owned a motorcycle.
3. He was a shitty carpenter.
4. He was on the Florida convict list.
5. He owed a lot of money to a lot of people.
6. The collection notices come in weekly. I'm waiting for the mafia to show up at our door any day now.
7. Do you think having an Italian last name will soften the blows? "I can make cannoli!"
8. It wasn't until this weekend that major pieces of the puzzle clicked into place.
9. Our neighbors hated him.
10. Saturday evening there was a knock on our door. It was a gentleman from further down the street. Apparently, the former resident had borrowed money from this man. Enough money to rent a UHAUL and to cover his last months bills.
11. Why the neighbor thought it was a secure loan, I have no idea.
12. This morning another neighbor came by. Her initial reason for coming was to tell us our cabinet workers had been hitting on her 13 year old daughter.
13. I'll say it for you. Ewwwww!
14. Her second reason was to complain about the previous resident. "Everyone please form a single file line to the bandwagon!"
15. Evidently, our resident convict owed them money as well. He ran over their sprinkler system with his truck.
16. No wonder the guy moved!
17. Friday night, Hoop and I went to see "28 Weeks Later."
18. REVIEW: Same story, different director. This film was a considerable deal bloodier than the first. I didn't mind the gore as much as I did the cheap scare tactics. Some were borderline "Blair Witch Project." The plot started off good, but dragged toward the end. Besides the factual errors (from the first movie), the new "take" on the zombie/rage disease had a good twist. All in all I give it one thumb up and one down.
19. Saturday, Hoop and I went to the beach...
20. ...where we proceeded to freeze our butts off.
21. Amazingly, despite the chilly wind and water, we got a little bit of color.
22. But now I think I'm getting a cold.
23. The price of vanity, folks.
24. Sunday, we went and saw "Shrek 3."
25. REVIEW: Nothing is ever going to compare to the first two. But as a third, I thought this movie did pretty well! There were cameo appearances by all the favorite characters, and a few by some new (Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, the OTHER ugly stepsister, etc). I gave it two thumbs up.
How was your weekend?
Daily Hoop Conversation:
(While star gazing)
Hoop: Why is the space station so lit up?
Tink: Maybe the light makes the astronauts feel less isolated. It probably gets pretty dark and lonely up there.
Hoop: Good point.
Tink: Can you imagine the electric bill for that thing?
Hoop: I'm pretty sure it's nuclear, babe.
Hoop: I wonder how many people are up there.
Tink: I think there's just one woman right now. She was supposed to go home but then the flight got delayed for a month.
Hoop: That would suck.
Hoop: Do you think she's masturbating right now?