Thursday, May 10, 2007

Catastrophe Averted

Updates:
1. Grandma's surgery went well! They didn't find cancer in any other organs. She's recovering and should be back at home (on bed rest) come Sunday.
2. There are over 200 fires in Florida right now. They say the dry spells are getting worse. In the past six months there have been only two days of significant rain, and they were the same days we had tornadoes. Maybe Hoop and I should put our house up for sale as "Future Desert-Front Property"?
3. The fire near my parents' house has slowed down a bit, thanks to Subtropical Depression Andrea. No new evacuations have been ordered as of yet.
4. Hoop has decided he wants to become a stripper.
5. Not really. I just wanted to see if you were paying attention.

Around The Water Cooler:
Boss: I have nothing to say to you.
Tink: Then why say anything at all?
Boss: Oh, you're gooood.
Tink: That's why you hired me, sir.

Around The Water Cooler 2:
Coworker: I heard about the fires near your parents' house. Is everything OK?
Tink: Yeah, Papa Bear said he'd call if they evacuate.
Coworker: Are they going to stay at your house if they do?
Tink: Well, the boys will. Papa Bear is determined to stay and fight off the flames himself.
Coworker: WHY?
Tink: He says it's because they wouldn't have time to move the horses. Personally, I think he's itching for the chance to play hero.
Coworker: So... Barbecue at their house on Friday?
Tink: Pretty much.

Tagged By
Cindi:
7 Things Meme (Seven random facts/habits about me)

1. I can't pee if I know someone is listening. It wigs me out.
2. I used to bite my toenails.
3. I'm a compulsive hand washer. Which also means I go through A LOT of lotion. But I also don't get sick that often.
4. I can't stand carpet. I think having carpet is like wearing the same shirt every day without washing it.
5. I love ears. I nibble and play with Hoop's all the time. I used to tug on mine whenever I was nervous. Then someone pointed it out.
6. I used to wish I was a hot Asian chick.
7. I hate suspension bridges, but LOVE roller coasters.

P.S. Tag, if you're feeling froggy.

May Search Terms:
(What people put into search engines that bring them here)
1. names for a womans privates Check out my list
here.
2. where can i buy pickled beef That depends. How much money have you got?
3. taboo 3 - two 40ish moms seduce pizza guy That's taboo?
4. it's your virgin, take it back How did it get stolen in the first place?
5. dog diarrhea puke cures I suggest plugging up the holes.
6. Thinking Room Sorry, next blog. This here is the Stupid Room.
7. hottest chick of mud bogging
The first one you find with all of her teeth.
8. Why do my girlfriends nipples taste funny? Hoop?!

Labels: , ,

23 Comments:

At 10 May, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Tink, I'm ALWAYS listening for when you go pee.

PSYCH!!!!!!!!

 
At 10 May, 2007, Blogger mamatulip said...

I'm paying attention. I think Hoop would make a great peeler.

Glad to hear about your grandmother. :)

 
At 10 May, 2007, Blogger Arabella said...

Good news about your grandma! Maybe Hoop should send some stripper friends to her hospital room to cheer her up after her surgery?

 
At 10 May, 2007, Blogger meno said...

Woke me up with that stripper comment you did.
Why don't you post some pictures of him stripping and we'll vote on whether it's a good idea or not.

 
At 10 May, 2007, Blogger Mike Y said...

ROFL! You used to wish you were a hot Asian chick?

That's great to hear that no cancer was found.

 
At 10 May, 2007, Blogger Lefty said...

1) Great news for Grandma.

2) Go for it, Hoop!

3) Funny, I used to wish I were a hot Asian chick, too.

4) That nipple thing cracked me up.

 
At 10 May, 2007, Blogger Jay said...

Great news about Grandma.

"1. I can't pee if I know someone is listening. It wigs me out."

Me too

"6. I used to wish I was a hot Asian chick."

Me too.

Wait .. sorry, I used to wish I HAD a hot Asain chick. Still do. LOL

 
At 10 May, 2007, Blogger captain corky said...

Glad to hear your grandma is ok.

I used to wish I was a an Asian helmsman aboard the Star Ship Enterprise. But one day I had an epiphany and decided I wanted more out of life.

 
At 10 May, 2007, Blogger jinx protocol said...

I've tagged you for some thing or another. Come check it out!

 
At 10 May, 2007, Blogger jinx protocol said...

Even though I'm a guy, I've grown to be sort of weird about #1 on the list too. I have to turn the water on when I pee if someone else is around. Ahh, modern America!

 
At 10 May, 2007, Blogger Gracey said...

Glad to know your grandma is doing well! Do you still bite your toe nails? Once in awhile??? C'mon, be honest now! :)

 
At 10 May, 2007, Blogger Newt said...

Glad to hear about Grandma!

Fingers crossed for your parents farm.

On 7 things:
1. too true - shy bladder

4. I agree, only two rooms to go in my house

7. meeeee toooo

 
At 10 May, 2007, Blogger Chris said...

Great news about your grandma!! :)

LOL about the second watercooler conversation... And then I pictured you getting home from work tomorrow and discovering the entire family, including the horses, was staying with you...

 
At 10 May, 2007, Blogger Ellie said...

Very excellent news about your grandma...
#4. Funny I never viewed carpet that way, but it makes sense.
#6. I still wish it...:)

 
At 11 May, 2007, Blogger Chelle Y. said...

I hate suspension bridges too. I freak out every time we drive over the Bay Bridge or the Golden Gate Bridge. FREAKY! :)

Hey, I am a hot, half-Asian chick! Just kidding!

 
At 11 May, 2007, Blogger Cindi said...

Wonderful news about your Grandma!

I can't pee if someone in the next stall is listening either.

My daughter used to bite her toenails too. lol

 
At 11 May, 2007, Blogger fiwa said...

Tink, there is no place for comments on your new post, so I'm cheating and coming back here.
I know how you feel, I went through exactly those same kinds of feelings, the ANGRY and the UGLY when we bought our house.
My email address is in my member profile if you want to talk.

Sending you my love,
fiwa

 
At 12 May, 2007, Blogger EE said...

....you used to bite your TOENAILS!?!?! How does one even DO that????? LOL

God. That SUCKS about the fires...I'll send you some of that rain we had for days.

I feel for your parents and their horses. I've had to evacuate my horses (and the big goat) once and it was incredibly scary and difficult.

 
At 12 May, 2007, Blogger Molly said...

Hi Tink,
My thoughts are with you. You cleverly left a comment section off of your following post. I know depression and suffered two bouts. If you are depressed, you have some things going for you to combat the problem. First, you recognize that this may be a problem. Second, the man you love said, "We'll fix this, babe. I promise. Everything's going to be OK." Third, you have a wonderful sense of humor that shines through and out from your currently sad heart.
Take care.

 
At 12 May, 2007, Blogger Alex said...

Comments are off above, but that doesn't mean I can't sneak a hug in right here.

 
At 13 May, 2007, Blogger jeanne_bean said...

I am a long time lurker commenting on your post from Fri 5/11, since I cannot post on that one. I had the same feelings at the beginning of this year and it was just awful. My DH supported me when I confided in him as did my doctor. I've now been on a med for over four months and the change is remarkable. You've made the first important steps by recognizing a problem, and letting a loved one know about it. I hope you feel better soon.

 
At 14 May, 2007, Blogger sassybead said...

Tink, sweetie...here are hugs all around..for your Grandma and good news on her surgery.. For your family and Papa Bear for dealing with those fires.. For you as you face dealing with depression. It's a scary thing, and I know how hard it has been to even admit that might be what's going on. I'm here, in whatever capacity you need...even if it's just to send you a hug once in awhile...

 
At 14 May, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good news for you and bad news, huh? Give yourself a break, its a lot of change and chaos to deal with. And I know how it feels to be "expected" to be happy. SUCKS!!! Sometimes it can even be a persona we want to maintain to put others at ease or to avoid being an emotional burden- after all, we chicks worry about being a drag. Who will want to be around us if we're always pissy? After a while we start to know who!The people that care.

I knew my man was a keeper when I lost my freakin mind and fell apart and got angry/depressed, and he never seemed to once question if I was a bad gig. Believe it or not, our relationships grow in these moments. The man that reassures rather than blames is the good guy. The supportive guy.

Make him be your own personal salaried stripper. ON CALL!!!!

I wish I could be one of the ninja chicks in Kill Bill. Or Uma of course. I like hot ass kickin Asian women. Not hot obedient ones.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home