April Hit Statistics:
1. The primary day for hits was Monday.
2. The most popular hour being 4pm.
3. The top referrers were Jay and Alien.
4. The most used search term was, "photography: little red riding hood." Depends on what kind of photography. I wouldn't want to be sued.
5. My favorite search term was, "Sleeping Licker."
6. The highest hit post (218) was on April 23rd, the day I received a "Thinking Blogger" Award.
30 Quirks for 30 Days:
1. When I was growing up, my Mom was big on "Family Chore Day." I was designated Vacuumer.
2. Each time she would warn me, "Don't run over the cord!" I got it in my head that something horrible would happen if I did.
3. Like, maybe it would explode.
4. Because of this, I was scarred for the next 15 years of my life. I would literally break into a cold sweat each time I turned on the Bissel. Until one day when the unfortunate happened. I ran over the cord.
5. Not only did it NOT explode, but it didn't even suck up the damn cord.
6. I'll admit, I was a little disappointed.
7. I don't consider myself a person who has many "confessions."
8. If for no other reason than I admit them freely...
9. I like Pokemon video games.
10. Occasionally, for no apparent reason, I lose hearing in one of my ears.
11. I have a sneaking suspicion my nipples taste like onions.
12. Child protegees piss me off.
13. Sometimes I wonder if I have a split personality...
14. ...and if everyone is keeping it from me because they like her better.
15. I used to fantasize about shaving my head.
16. Until Britney Spears did it.
17. Everyone should have someone they aspire NOT to be.
18. When I was eleven, my girlfriends and I would sit by the radio on Friday nights hoping for a personal dedication.
19. After two months of waiting, we decided to take matters into our own hands and dedicate a couple of songs to ourselves.
20. And by a "couple" I mean twenty or thirty.
21. The radio station eventually banned us from calling.
22. I just wish they hadn't done it on the air.
23. That same year, one of my girlfriends gave me a jar of powdered Koolaid for Christmas.
24. I thought it was a little odd that she seemed panicked after I gave her a gift. As it turned out, she had none to give me in return.
25. But instead of confessing, she simply excused herself to the kitchen.
26. She fessed up years later. Which is really funny, since at the time I thought it was the coolest gift ever.
27. Some days I feel like Napoleon Dynamite.
28. Some days I feel like Hermione Granger.
29. The second happens less and less.
30. I've been known to do things solely for the amusement of my dogs.
31. Like pretending to be a cat...
32. ...or a wounded animal.
33. ...or a rabid monkey.
34. Maybe it's not the dogs I'm amusing. Hm.
Labels: Good-bye Month