Monday, April 23, 2007

Skull Shaped Blog

Thank you all for giving Hoop such a warm welcome to the blogosphere! He hasn't gotten a chance to read or respond to any of the comments yet, due to a 40 hour crash course he took over the weekend for his job. But he called repeatedly to ask how many responses he'd gotten and if "any were good." So I can only hope this will mean more guest posts from my lovely other half.

In other news...

Sunshine of
"The Pursuit Of Happiness" has nominated me for a Thinking Award. Feel free to covet it.



In the year and a half since opening this blog, this is the FIRST award I've ever received. Part of me wants to frame it. It would go great next to my pretend professional degree in Bullshit and all those ribbons I got in Elementary P.E. that say "Number 1 Contestant." Which is just a fancy way of saying I tried. So thank you Sunshine. You completely made my week. Here's why she says I deserve it:

Tink is one of those people I’d put in the “old soul” category. She’s an adorable little tiny 20-something who has a wisdom, knowledge, and maturity far beyond her years. She writes about a variety of topics and posts often, keeps you interested. I never know what she’s going to write on. Sometimes it’s a sad reflection about AG (you have to start reading her to know what that stands for) and then she’ll write a hilarious post about 12-year olds in an axe throwing contest at a Scottish festival.

My Thinking Posts: (As opposed to the ones I reread and wonder how many brain cells I killed during my heyday. Which probably explains the Tilted Head Syndrome.)

  • 12/12/05 Ghetto Christmas
  • 02/03/06 The Flight Out
  • 02/15/06 Layers Of The Onion
  • 02/16/06 Onion Soup
  • 04/05/06 Media Roast
  • 10/20/06 Thinking Room
  • 11/22/06 Giving Thanks
  • 01/30/07 Bum Fuck Egypt
  • 01/24/07 Two Laughs
  • 01/24/07 Dandelion Heads
  • 02/20/07 George
  • 03/22/07 "Be a good girl."

    Now it's time to share the love to the following five. I tried to pick people who haven't received an award from me before or are not on my blogroll yet.

    MENO'S BLOG I was hooked after reading Meno's post about buying her daughter a vibrator. I never knew a Mom could be so cool! I love that she's also down to earth, and exceptionally witty. Whether she's talking about the time she put a fish in her brother's car or about friendships of convenience (we've all had them), she always gets me thinking outside of the box.

    MIND MOSS I can't believe Maggie hasn't been awarded this yet! Unless she has, in which case she should fake like she hasn't. Her poetry is some of the most beautiful I've ever read, completely thought provoking and raw. I look forward to going to her blog every Friday for the next verse. She's an extremely talented lady.

    THE MOODY CHICK Wonder when it's OK to lie to your kid? Do you know what the six key steps to being a good salesperson are? MC's topics are always interesting and never cookie cutter. When she's not writing, she's posting pictures of her beautiful daughter and all her previous travels. Seriously, check out the photos. They're amazing.

    LONG RELIEF Lefty is one of those guys who physically left bachelorhood, but never left it mentally. It probably has something to do with all the women in his life. I became a reader after finding his post on being left home alone. My favorite posts deal with stupid coworkers, bad haircuts, and really long nose hairs. I don't know if any of those posts can be considered "thinking" posts, but I like them, and I like how his mind works.

    BUTTERFLY IN DISGUISE Some of my favorite "thinking" posts by BG deal with love, children, and catching the neighbors having sex. Yeah, that was the curve ball. Her blog is like a window into her world, completely honest and without disguise (despite what her blog title says).

    Please pick up your shiny new awards
    HERE.

    Tomorrow: Weekend Recap. It's going to be a doozy.
    Wednesday: WWC Pictures.
  • Labels:

    22 Comments:

    At 23 April, 2007, Blogger Lynnea said...

    Wow, thank you so much. I will do my part for this with tomorrow's post!

     
    At 23 April, 2007, Blogger Sunshine said...

    Well deserved, my friend, seriously.
    Now I want to go read your 5 nominees because if you like 'em, I'll like 'em!

     
    At 23 April, 2007, Blogger Newt said...

    Congratulations on your award! Now I must go read some new blogs.........................

     
    At 23 April, 2007, Blogger Tink said...

    Btw, I should probably mention... The above people are not on my blogroll yet because I'm too lazy to update it right now, not because they don't deserve to be. Which is kind of funny since I took the time to link to their blogs in this post. I don't know. My mind is a fuzzy place. :)

     
    At 23 April, 2007, Blogger Kell said...

    Congrats and well deserved! I'm going to check out those blogs soon.

     
    At 23 April, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Congratulations on the Thinking Award! You're always so interesting to me and you write incredibly well. One day, I hope to meet you for a beer.

     
    At 23 April, 2007, Blogger Jay said...

    A well deserved award! Good job! I'll have a cold one in your honor tonight.

    I will have to bookmark those blogs and go check them out. You have immpeccable taste so I'm sure I'll love them.

     
    At 23 April, 2007, Blogger meno said...

    Oh blush blush. Stop it. It's not true. I mean, thank you. I really do like it, i just have a hard time accepting compliments. Thank you. :)

    BTW, i got tagged for this by urban-urchin, and Miss Maggie at Mind Moss was one of my five. I felt terrible just doing five. It was like Sophie's choice. (A bit over dramatic, but you get the idea.)

    So, thank you again, you made my day. i will check out your other choices too!

     
    At 23 April, 2007, Blogger fiwa said...

    Congratulations Tink!
    I have bookmarked your 5 recommendations for further reading.

    I can't wait to see the weekend recap. ;)

     
    At 23 April, 2007, Blogger mamatulip said...

    Congrats, Tink. :)

     
    At 23 April, 2007, Blogger Lynnea said...

    See I thought this was the same one that Meno did but for some reason I wasn't sure. I'm a lazy blogger too, not checking to be sure.

     
    At 23 April, 2007, Blogger Mindfully Moody said...

    Thank you so much Tink! Seriously though, it comes on a day when I was walking the dog and baby, composing tomorrow's post in my head. It was to be entitled "Who Needs a BitchSlap?" Apparently I was not in a good mood... Until now! So that post will be postponed for another bad-mood day and I will only share the love tomorrow!

    Thanks again :)

     
    At 23 April, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Congratulations on an award that suits you perfectly! I have already visited Meno, thanks to your suggestion, and will make the rounds to the others also. It turns out that Meno and I share the same taste in music. How cool is that?

     
    At 23 April, 2007, Blogger Chris said...

    Congrats!! I'll be able to say I knew you when. :D

     
    At 23 April, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm so totally speechless! I have fallen off the blog edge, but finding this in my email box really rocked my day! Thanks Tink, I'm all choked up! :)

    Congrats on your thinking award!

    PS I will post soon I swear! Life is so freakin' nuts lately! Nuttier than usual. Can you believe that?!

     
    At 24 April, 2007, Blogger Princess Banter said...

    Ooo-er congratulations!!! Glad to have stumbled by your blog... and thanks for the rest of the list ;) Now I've more blogs to flip through :)

     
    At 24 April, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Congrats! A very well deserved award. Now, I'll have to go check out your awardees, I'm sure they'll be great!

    Um...am I just dense? What's AG? I can't think of a thing!

     
    At 24 April, 2007, Blogger Nettie said...

    Congrats on your award Tink. I look forward to reading some new blogs myself!

     
    At 24 April, 2007, Blogger Tink said...

    Susan: S'ok. AG is Hoop's Alzheimer Grandpa. Type "AG" in the search bar at the top of the blog to read more about him.

     
    At 24 April, 2007, Blogger Lefty said...

    Hey, thanks for the major award. When do I get the check?

     
    At 13 May, 2007, Blogger mrspao said...

    Congratulations!!!!

     
    At 20 November, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
    Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home