Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Button Pushers

You touched it didn't you?

I specifically told you NOT to push the big red button. Now look what you did!

You unleashed Fluffy.

Vacation Recap:
1. I loved airports as a kid.
2. Back then your family always greeted you at the gate, and the highlight of the flight was guessing what kind of meal you were going to get.
3. Now everyone gets off alone, no cheers or mad rushes for the first hug. There aren't in-flight meals anymore either. Just the option of whether you want a 3oz cup of water or juice.
4. 3oz! That's like a pudding cup.
5. The flight into Tennessee was good. Both planes were large and neither flight was over 2 hours.
6. On the flight home our planes got progressively smaller. On the last one we weren't permitted to bring our carry-ons or recline the seat. Hoop was practically hugging his knees.
7. I kept chanting, "I'm not really claustrophobic!"
8. Thursday night Hoop, Nash, and I went drinking down town. The atmosphere was perfect and the beers kept coming. By the end of the night we were spilling drinks, having mock fights, and taking goofy pictures of each other.
9. After looking at the evidence the next morning I asked Hoop, "What the hell was in that beer?!"
10. For them I think it was the high of being home. For me it was the high of not being up high anymore.
11. Friday we left Nashville for the cabin near Cookeville. Along the way we saw signs for Crossville, Knoxville, Centerville, and Scottsville.
12. If you haven't noticed, the whole state of Tennessee has a theme.
13. Once we got to the cabin we crashed out for a bit, followed by a lot of relaxing and a bit of loafing. Real productive stuff.
14. That night it snowed.
15. Hoop and I stood in awe of it. I tried to take pictures, like a dumbass.
16. Have you ever tried to take pictures of falling snow? It's impossible. It won't stay still!
17. Saturday morning we layered up and drove to
Fall Creek Falls State Park, where I braved the swaying rope bridges for the chance to take pictures of beautiful waterfalls.
18. Of course my camera battery died just after I crossed the bridge. But the sights were worth it, and no one seemed to mind me borrowing their cameras.
19. That night the adults played poker. Not being one to gamble money I don't have, I decided to occupy the kids instead. The first game on the list was Animal Charades.
20. I realized pretty quick that it wasn't the best game to play with an imaginative seven year old.
21. The twelve year old and I would do animals like "cat" "dog" and "bear."
22. The seven year old did animals like "creature" "gremlin" "kick-boxing monkey" and "dead horse."
22. Sunday morning Hoop and I got up early to hide Easter eggs. In the past when the gatherings were bigger, even the adults got to go on the hunt.
23. It was hard to get Hoop out of that mentality. He kept trying to booby trap the hiding spots.
24. The rest of the family showed up that afternoon, including the
cousin who has been keeping in contact with Hoop's ex.
25. The boys took him out for a talk, which resulted in the cousin getting defensive and then finally agreeing to drop communication with her. We all know that isn't going to happen. But I feel better knowing it was put out in the open.
26. Which leads me to a conversation Hoop and I had last night. Pardon the jump into the future. For a relationship that lasted a little over a year, and a marriage that lasted only two months (with no kids), this bitch is sure as hell hanging on tight.
27. Anyone know where I can pick up a can of Ex-B-Gone? Anyone?
28. Sunday evening Hoop and I flew home. We both agreed the vacation had ended way too soon.
29. But never fear... Nash and their father are coming to visit this Friday. Evidently they missed us too. ;)

Pictures coming SOON!

Labels:

22 Comments:

At 10 April, 2007, Blogger Peggy said...

Did you open a can of whoopass on the cousin?

 
At 10 April, 2007, Blogger Tink said...

Peggy: I wanted to! I didn't think that would be very appropriate on Easter though. ;)

 
At 10 April, 2007, Blogger Jay said...

"If you haven't noticed, the whole state of Tennessee has a theme."

Yeah, and they used it in the movie "Deliverance" hahaha

Sounds like a pretty darn good holiday weekend.

That cousin has a lot of balls to actually show up!

 
At 10 April, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you need Ex-Be-Gone for when you have Fluffy?

 
At 10 April, 2007, Blogger geenalyn said...

I'm sorry, i couldn't help but push the button, it really wasn't my fault. You see everyone here was pushing MY buttons, so i figured i'd push one of my own....

 
At 10 April, 2007, Blogger Tink said...

Chelle: There was only a curtain between you and the pilot? Yeah, that's TOO small for my tastes. I might have had to reschedule my flight. As is, I'll be taking a closer look at what kind of plane my discount tickets are for next time.

Jay: Speaking of movies, Hoop and I caught the tail end of "Alive" last night. Good thing we didn't watch that BEFORE we left. We agreed I wouldn't be much of a meal. Maybe a light snack.

Susan: True! I think you've given me a new training regimen for him. ;)

 
At 10 April, 2007, Blogger Tink said...

Geenalyn: That's OK. I should know better than to advertise I have a big red button to push. Next time I'm going to hide it.

 
At 10 April, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering about the cousin and Hoop's ex. Wish I could send you some Ex-B-Gone. I seriously hope she lets go soon.

 
At 10 April, 2007, Blogger Betty said...

I rode in one of those planes with just a curtain between the pilots and passengers once. It was called an "air taxi" and we went from Atlanta to Albany, Georgia. It was storming, and we could hear the air traffic controller telling our pilots which way to turn to avoid the TORNADO! When I got on the ground, I started looking for a bus schedule back to Atlanta.

 
At 10 April, 2007, Blogger meno said...

I surely do wonder what the hell is wrong with the cousin and the ex. I mean seriously.

I read that dog (!) in the picture above died a while ago. The owner was bereft. I guess love, as well as that dog, really is blind.

 
At 10 April, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't suppose Hoop has some pictures that could accidently find their way into PhotoShop and maybe even onto a certain blog that would accidently get spread over the entire world. And then maybe that person, I'm not naming names, in the picture would have to wear a bag on his/her head. And maybe even have to only come out at night. Just maybe?

I'm glad you had a nice trip!

 
At 10 April, 2007, Blogger Chris said...

Hey, I always try to take pictures of falling snow. :) I wonder what the heck sort of camera speed you'd need to actually have it look like anything other than fog?

 
At 10 April, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was 80's in Nashville just the week before. What a cruel and evil trick Mother Nature played. Glad your trip was a good one!

 
At 10 April, 2007, Blogger Kell said...

Snow for Easter! Wow!

We've driven through Tennessee a few times. We have a picture of a sign for Bucksnort. One of these days we may go there.

 
At 10 April, 2007, Blogger Newt said...

Oooh Snow for Easter. Nice. At least it wasn't here. Sounds like you had a blast!

 
At 10 April, 2007, Blogger Molly said...

Tink, welcome back to the world of blogging. Now, tell Fluffy to go away. You are a trooper braving the rope bridges for waterfall pictures. Are you glad to be home?

Come visit me here for my good news - Return of the White Robin

 
At 11 April, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok. "Fluffy" scares the CRAP out of me! LOL

Small planes also scare the CRAP out of me!

And uh, could you send me some of that X-B-Gone as well (for MY ex husband, please? Ack...)

~EE

 
At 11 April, 2007, Blogger Me said...

That picture always scares me!

 
At 11 April, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never seen that pic before and I hope never to see it again. Perhaps Fluffy could be used to "dispatch" Hoop's Ex so that she would no longer be a trial or tribulation. It's worth looking into.

 
At 11 April, 2007, Blogger Tink said...

Betty: You didn't happen to see a witch on a bicycle fly by did you? ;)

Meno: Odder still, the cousin only met the ex one time. Then somehow she contacted him and now they talk on a regular basis. It's just so... wrong.

Butterfly Girl: There was a video... Nah. It's better not to fight fire with fire. The end result is everyone gets burned. But don't think I haven't thought about it.

MJD: Congrats on the grandbaby!!

Orhan: Welcome to the fray. :)

 
At 11 April, 2007, Blogger Tawcan said...

That pic scared the crap out of me this morning. Sure woke me up lol.

I think it's crazy it was snowing in Easter. It should be spring already, not winter.

 
At 11 April, 2007, Blogger Lucia said...

Thanks for reminding me how much flying sucks just before getting on a plane, in the snow, tomorrow morning. ARGH!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home