Friday, March 23, 2007

Easily Amused

Daily Hoop Conversation:
Hoop: You need to find a girl like Tink, Nash.
Tink: Aw. That's so swee-
Hoop: -easily amused.
Tink: *Shocked laughter*
Hoop: See what I mean?

Daily Hoop Conversation 2:
Tink: I called the satellite people.
Hoop: And?
Tink: I hate them.
Hoop: What's new?
Tink: First the guy hit on me, then he told me they didn't have any Saturday appointments available.
Hoop: For this month?
Tink: For EVER.
Hoop: What?
Tink: That's what I said! Then he gave me the whole, "Well is there anything else I can help you with?" spiel.
Hoop: No he didn't.
Tink: Yes he did.
Hoop: Let me call them.
(10 minutes later)
Hoop: We have an appointment for tomorrow.
Tink: How did you DO that?!
Hoop: I reasoned with them. I told them, "We keep trying to give you our money but you just won't take it!"

Random Conversation:
Cracker Barrel Employee: Can I help you find something?
Tink: I'm looking for-
CB Employee: -blackberry and raspberry candies?
Tink: Yeah! How did you know that?
CB Employee: *Smiles and hands over candy*
Tink: Are you... psychic?
CB Employee: No. You came in last Friday and bought the same thing.
Tink: Oh.
CB Employee: Boring answer huh?
Tink: I was going to ask you for lotto numbers next.

Daily Hoop Conversation 3:
Nash: Wow. Look at that girl.
Hoop: She is so drunk.
Tink: WOO! SHOW US YOUR BOOBS!
Hoop: What was that?
Tink: You didn't want to see free boobs?
Hoop: Well yeah, but... Who are you?

Courtesy of
Odd Mix:


Image
Capture


Have a great weekend!

Labels: ,

19 Comments:

At 23 March, 2007, Blogger Lucia said...

I hate to bring this up, but I think male service people are more reception to males when they call about stuff. Drives me nuts, but I'm afraid that's the way of the world.

 
At 23 March, 2007, Blogger Tawcan said...

I hate calling phone/cable/internet providers... it always takes forever to get an operator and most of the time they're not help...arrr

 
At 23 March, 2007, Blogger Jay said...

Isn't it hilarious how men can get results from service people (satelite, car etc) easier than women. Women just get hit on. haahha

The last converstation is hilarious. Way to make yourself useful while out on the town there. ;-)

 
At 23 March, 2007, Blogger Lynnea said...

Ditto what Lucia and Jay said.

Free boobs - woot.

 
At 23 March, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay for free boobs!!

And I hate how sometimes men are treated more seriously than women ei the satelitte freaks. yes I can't spell. I know.

have a good weekend

mary@work

 
At 23 March, 2007, Blogger Ellie's Mommie said...

hehe... I love it! FREE BOOBS!! I so did that when I went out to the bars with my ex. Some girl was dancing on the bar & the men were all oblivious to it. I finally walked up to the guys & yelled "You're missing the show!!"

I don't know what shocked his friends more, the girl on the bar or the fact that I pointed it out to them all.

 
At 23 March, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As usual, *LOL*!

I've been wanting to tell you that my son has pick up a Tink quirk. He's two and conversations have been going like this....

Me: Where's the remote?
Kid: I ate it.

Me: Where's your cup?
Kid: I ate it.

Remember that post? I didn't know he could read!! Cuz I don't know where he got it from!

 
At 23 March, 2007, Blogger Chris said...

What Hoop DIDN'T tell you is that he set you up on a date with the cable guy, to get the guy to come out at all. ;)

 
At 23 March, 2007, Blogger Betty said...

Tink: Which do you think would be worse, having the Cracker Barrell ask if you want your usual candy, or having a bartender ask it about your drink?

 
At 23 March, 2007, Blogger Ellie said...

Yes it does suck that there are times that men can get a different response than women, but there are times that the it goes the other way too. Besides, chances are he talked to a different rep and not the same dork you talked to, at least that's what I'm telling myself. :)

 
At 24 March, 2007, Blogger EE said...

Who doesn't want to see free boobs?! *snort* ;)

UGH! The thing w/ the satellite company. WTF?!

Have a great weekend Tink!

 
At 24 March, 2007, Blogger Peggy said...

Tink! I think you're great. Love the conversations!!! You have now been officially adopted as my clever youngest sister who lives in Florida. I'll write later giving you the details about your adopted semi-dysfunctional extended family (there are lots of them)

 
At 24 March, 2007, Blogger meno said...

I see free boobs in the locker room. Most of them i'd rather not, if you know what i mean.

 
At 25 March, 2007, Blogger Jay said...

Was the cb employee male, by any chance?

 
At 25 March, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Show us your boobs!" ??

You are SO cool! :o)

 
At 26 March, 2007, Blogger Gracey said...

"Show us your boobs!" LOL You must be some girlfriend to yell that out! :)

 
At 26 March, 2007, Blogger Just A Knit Wit said...

Hehe so... did she show them?

 
At 26 March, 2007, Blogger Foo said...

Hoop: I reasoned with them. I told them, "We keep trying to give you our money but you just won't take it!"

If that worked, then Hoop must have something else going on, as well. I've tried the same approach and the response, in a nutshell, was, "So go somewhere else; we're so big we really couldn't care whether we have your business or not."

Gracey: as impressive as Tink's encouragement of drunken misbehavior was, true commitement would have been if she'd shown them hers.

But she's a Good Girl.

Tink, your experience at Cracker Barrel would have been a bit more amazing if I hadn't just come from the barber I go to about every two months and who nevertheless always remembers exactly how I want my hair cut. I mean, I can't even remember my coworkers' names if I haven't seen them for two months.

 
At 26 March, 2007, Blogger mamatulip said...

What happened to you when you called the satellite people is exactly why I make Dave do all of that crap. Sheesh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home