Friday, March 16, 2007

Green Eggs and Kegs 2



It's
that time of year again! A night for wearing green, drinking green, seeing green, and puking green. If you see a little person, make sure he's a leprechaun before you shake him and demand his gold. Beware of people in "Kiss Me" shirts. There's a reason they have to advertise. If someone asks if you're Irish, say yes. Otherwise they might offer to put some in you. Overall...

Have fun. Be safe. May the luck of the Irish be with you!

Irish Joke: Two Irishmen, Patrick Murphy and Shawn O'Brian grew up together and were lifelong friends. But alas, Patrick developed cancer and was dying. While on his deathbed, Patrick called to his buddy, Shawn, "O'Brian, come 'ere. I 'ave a request for ye." Shawn walked to his friend's bedside and knelled. "Shawny ole boy, we've been friends all our lives, and now I'm leaving 'ere. I 'ave one last request fir ye to do." O'Brian burst into tears, "Anything Patrick, anything ye wish. It's done."

"Well, under me bed is a box containing a bottle of the finest whiskey in all of Ireland. Bottled the year I was born it was. After I die, and they plant me in the ground, I want you to pour that fine whiskey over me grave so it might soak into me bones and I'll be able to enjoy it for all eternity." O'Brian was overcome by the beauty and in the true Irish spirit of his friend's request, he asked, "Aye, tis a fine thing you ask of me, and I will pour the whiskey. But, might I strain it through me kidneys first?"
****************

Random Debate: The news is making a big deal out of Disney's new animated film, "The Frog Princess" because it features their first ever black princess.

What I want to know is... What the hell took them so long? So far they've had two blond princesses (Cinderella and Aurora), a brunette (Belle), a red head (Ariel), a princess with black hair (Snow White), a Native American (Pocahontas), an Indian (Jasmine), an Asian (Mulan), and a LION (Nala). Six of those characters were created after the Civil Rights Act. Four in the last 15 years. So tell me... Are they really trying to make things equal, or did they just run out of time and other options?

Courtesy of
Odd Mix:


Busy
Content


Have a great weekend!

Labels:

19 Comments:

At 16 March, 2007, Blogger Jay said...

Wait .. Can I wear the "Kiss Me, I'm Irish" shirt if I REALLY AM Irish???

Kinda funny that Disney has spent thiry years or so preaching to us all the time and they JUST NOW get around to creating a Black Princess. Glad you could get that done guy.

Have a great St. Patricks Day.

 
At 16 March, 2007, Blogger Steven said...

"If you see a little person, make sure he's a leprechaun before you shake him and demand his gold."

I SOOOOOOOOOOOO wish I would have read this about ten hours ago.

Would have saved me a law suit. ;)

Steve~

 
At 16 March, 2007, Blogger Betty said...

Good question. I had never noticed the discrepancy, but then, it's been a long time since I watched much Disney.

 
At 16 March, 2007, Blogger eric said...

i think jasmine was arabian. so the india one should still be open. but c'mon ... it's about time.

and ... as someone of irish descent (or at least an irish last name), that joke was hilarious.

 
At 16 March, 2007, Blogger fiwa said...

Happy St. Patrick's day Tink! I hope you stumble into bed before the road rises up to meet you. ;0)

Enjoy yourself!

 
At 16 March, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think they were counting the AFRICAN lion as black for a long time...guess that didn't go over too well. I hadn't heard about the controversy, but you are right , it's past time.

Happy Green Beer to you!

 
At 17 March, 2007, Blogger Foo said...

Sadly, I've never felt a part of St. Patrick's day. You've seen my surname; you can probably guess why. Oh sure, I've got Oktoberfest, but somehow I never seem to get around to dragging myself into the crowds for one of those. I just cook brauts on the grill and drink my own, lovely dark brown beer.

Have fun!

 
At 17 March, 2007, Blogger Sunshine said...

Racist jokes rise and fall in popularity, but somehow, it's still OK to make jokes about the Irish being alcoholics. Probably because the Irish just don't give a shit and forego starting a picket line. Unless, of course, there is free beer.

 
At 17 March, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And why does the black princess have a pert little Bjork nose? Um...hello? At least make her features more accurate.

 
At 17 March, 2007, Blogger Newt said...

She looks like somone out of a bad 70's cartoon. That Josie and the pussycats look. Disney has to do something to get its audience back. They haven't made a great cartoon in ages.

Happy St. Patty to you! Be safe. It is amateur night after all

 
At 17 March, 2007, Blogger abcd said...

love the Irish joke.
well done, Tink.

 
At 17 March, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny joke!

Great point!

You're probably good and drunk about now huh?

Lucky you. ;(

 
At 18 March, 2007, Blogger Chris said...

I'm thinking - out of other options... *sigh*

Oh, I hope there are pictures of your shenanigans on Monday! :D

 
At 18 March, 2007, Blogger EE said...

Aww, I love those 'kiss me' shirts.... ;)

Happy St Paddy's Day Tink!

 
At 19 March, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was puking on the day before St. Patrick's...but it wasn't green. Should I feel better?

 
At 19 March, 2007, Blogger Foo said...

wordgirl: You should be proud of yourself for getting a jump on the puking. Most people procrastinate and do that bit the day after St. Paddy's.

Oh... sorry. Not my blog [blushing]

 
At 19 March, 2007, Blogger Chris Cactus said...

I think where Disney (the evil empire)is concerned, it's always okay to be suspect.

 
At 19 March, 2007, Blogger mamatulip said...

What the above commenter said.

;)

 
At 19 March, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are not trying to make things equal. They are trying to make it look like they are trying to make things equal.

And when does the pudding wrestling gig start?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home