Friday, March 02, 2007

Farewell February

Hoop Quote Of The Day:
"I could barely understand her. She needs to take a prununsheashon(pronunciation) class or something."

February Hit Statistics:
1. The primary day for hits was Tuesday.
2. The most popular hour being 4pm.
3. The top referrers were Foo and Mamalujo.
4. The most used search term was, "Totally Useless Information." Pretty much the basis for this blog, I'd say.
5. My favorite search term was, "How to make a ceiling Hoop." Superglue and booze my friends.
6. The highest hit post (211) was on February 19th, the day I posted updated pictures of the house.

28 Quirks for 28 Days:
1. When I was young and towheaded, I used to pluck out all the little black hairs that sprung up on my head.
2. All you sickos in the back are going, "Oh her HEAD."
3. Now that I'm 24, I find myself armed with tweezers again. Only this time I'm plucking out white hairs instead.
4. I paraded around the office this morning with one such hair (10 inches long) yelling, "It's just not fair!" To which a coworker replied, "They're hairs of wisdom."
5. "Yeah well, I already got my wisdom teeth removed. Why stop there?"
6. I've never been a big fan of peanut butter, and raisins really gross me out.
7. I used to think it was because I didn't like my foods tortured.
8. But then I fell in love with honey roasted cashews.
9. Hoop and I have been together for a year and five months...
10. ...and I still flirt with him.
11. I once told a friend that the girl her ex-beau was seeing was "ugly."
12. When she finally saw her, and realized the girl wasn't ugly, she was outraged with me.
13. Sometimes a forewarning is better than a kind act.
14. I wish I looked good in red lipstick.
15. I love post-it-notes.
16. I would much rather hire someone who has been at a job for five years than fifteen. It shows they haven't settled in their ways yet.
17. One time I got a little overzealous shaving...
18. ...and ended up with a Hitler mustache on my nether regions.
19. Which can be rather embarrassing when you don't have time to fix it and then your dearest wants to get frisky.
20. Doubly embarrassing when he stares and asks, "Did you mean to do that?"
21. I remember the year I started growing up...
22. ...I was twelve, and could no longer bring my dolls and toys to life.
23. I'm really looking forward to replacing the toilet seats in the new house.
24. Think about it. Other people's asses have been sitting on those things for the last 18 years!
25. I miss the way things were before I put my house on the market.
26. Some nights I lie awake wondering if I've royally fucked things up...
27. ...and if I have, when will I know it for sure?
28. Without fail, products that I love and use regularly will be discontinued weeks after I have discovered them.
29. I'm good at faking jealousy when jealousy is appropriate. For example, my coworker just got a brand new truck.
30. I don't really care. But I know it makes him happy to have something other people will covet.
31. Every once in awhile I dream about you bloggers...
32. ...and I wonder if we're meeting half way.


Courtesy of Odd Mix:


Civilized
Barbaric


Have a great weekend!

P.S. Depending on how much work we get done this weekend, I may or may not be blogging on Monday. But I should have tons of updates and pictures for you on Tuesday.


Labels:

21 Comments:

At 02 March, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Did you mean to do that?" The visual I get is something else.

Note to self: Do NOT attempt to drink coffee when reading Tink's blog...

 
At 02 March, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO They may be random thoughts, but each was a priceless gem. Next time you get carried away shaving and end up with Hitler's mustache, just shave it all off. Do you want to scare him away? White hairs...hm. I can't say much, because when I say anything about my own, Foo just snarls at me. He's salt & pepper...good on a guy...awful on a woman. My suggestion Tink...add highlights, and no one will ever know, except your hairdresser.

Happy house fixing!

 
At 02 March, 2007, Blogger Chris said...

I have that same problem with products. You should NOT tell me about your favorite deoderant/bra/underwear brand, because for sure it will be discontinued immediately.

 
At 02 March, 2007, Blogger sassybead said...

Regarding favorite products: If you are discussing some item you like, you must constantly remark about how much you really DON'T like it! My mom and I keep doing that in the hopes it will reverse the karma and Corporate America won't go, "Oh, THEY like that great-tasting jam/soda/cookie/whatever? Well, then, we MUST discontinue it!" I'll let you know it if works.

...and I'd love to meet you halfway...just tell me where that is!

 
At 02 March, 2007, Blogger Ellie said...

LOL-I loved reading today's blog! As far as you R.F-ing up...life's just one big adventure and how boring it would be if you never put yourself out there to take a risk from time to time. Not that it has any bearing on the fates, but I bet you didn't RF-up and I think you'll know the day you finish unpacking.

 
At 02 March, 2007, Blogger mamatulip said...

Oh honey...I started going grey at 24, too. I hide it with dye.

I dream about bloggers, too. LOL!

 
At 02 March, 2007, Blogger Jay said...

Umm .. EXCUSE ME? No post on Thursday and now, possibly no post on Monday? I'm not sure I can survive this. It's not fair. If this keeps up I'll ... I'll ... I'll eat a hotdog!

Not one of those good hotdog either. You know the ones that come in a package at the store. Vacuum sealed to guarantee freshness. Oh no! I'll eat one of those down at the 7-11. The ones that have been sitting on those little rollers under a 500-watt light bulb since last 4th of July and have cobwebs on the ends of them.

You DON'T want that on your hands do you?

"26. Some nights I lie awake wondering if I've royally fucked things up..."

I've been doing that for at least the last 7 years. I would like to stop doing that now.

But, I'm pretty sure the answer is YOU HAVEN't.

Have a great wekeend.

 
At 02 March, 2007, Blogger fiwa said...

I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one that has the product discontinuation problem! Damn that's annoying!

14. Me too.

24. That shoulda been the first thing you did, girly! Fans? Who needs fans? You need virginal toilet seats!

Happy weekend

 
At 02 March, 2007, Blogger Newt said...

Ewww, you have got to post, for Jay's health. You just gotta. And I LOVED this post. You always make me laugh. I got the gray hairs starting at 19 so don't worry - it adds character. And it's sorta fun to decide every other month or so what color you feel like being. So far I have a favorite but I won't say it out loud, they will get rid of it. Oh, and honey, I'd meet you half way any day.

 
At 03 March, 2007, Blogger Gracey said...

I love your posts....they either make me smile, shake my head, or just laugh out loud. You should be a comedian! :)

 
At 03 March, 2007, Blogger abcd said...

sweet lady, I get to know you better after reading your list. you are intelligent with great sense of humor, must be lovely.
I don't look good in red lipstick too. :)

 
At 03 March, 2007, Blogger EE said...

I always love your random thoughts/quirks. :0)

I wish I looked good in red lipstick too...instead I just look like I'm either playing dress up or I'm a hooker. LOL...neither are quite the look I'm going for. ;)

I'm guessing bc of your whole PB and raisin thing that "ants on a log" would really freak you out....*snort*

 
At 04 March, 2007, Blogger tkkerouac said...

great read as always
thanks for stopping by.

 
At 04 March, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a love of post it notes too. And I thought I was the only one!!!

 
At 04 March, 2007, Blogger gawilli said...

13. Sometimes a forewarning is better than a kind act.

Sometimes they are one and the same.

 
At 05 March, 2007, Blogger Foo said...

Sounds like someone has a problem with his dick, Sean (diction).

Now that I'm 24, I find myself armed with tweezers again.

Now that I'm 46, I'm afraid to mess with hairs of any color, lest they come unattached.

Turtle and I have been together for over six years. This past weekend, while she was off doing bidness in a neighboring town, I realized that I still miss her when she's not around. I was so lost that I did a bunch of yard work and cleaned the house, and now I'm so sore that I can't get out of my chair without a bunch of grunting and grimacing.

My breakfast biscuit was quite delicious this morning, but imagine my horror when I got into the elevator at work and saw my reflection. My biscuit had dribbled a couple thick gobbets of sunny yellow cheese all down the front of my navy blue shirt.


Dang. I did it again, didn't I? Posted in a comment what little material could have gone into a blog posting for today.

WV: "vdnzgi" Hitler youth with the clap.

 
At 05 March, 2007, Blogger Mignon said...

After reading this, last night I dreamed about Dooce and Tom Petty. Or maybe they were the same person...

I hope by your silence today it means you didn't work too hard over the weekend. I sure as hell didn't. Slackers unite!

 
At 05 March, 2007, Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

I want a ceiling Hoop!

Going to store now for super glue.

 
At 05 March, 2007, Blogger Freakazojd said...

Oh man, 21 & 22 made me feel sad! Great list, though! :)

 
At 05 March, 2007, Blogger eric said...

i remember when i was 26 and i saw my first couple of gray hairs on the sides of my head. i remember that year i'd go into the bathroom at work and pull them out.

i look at my hair now and if i tried to pull them out, i would look like a marine.

 
At 06 March, 2007, Blogger Jay said...

When I was 9, my year-long slogan was "Why ruin it with raisins?"

Other kids had self-appointed slogans too, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home