Wednesday, February 14, 2007

An Anti-Valentine

Roses are red.
Violets are blue.
I hate you Blogger.
I really do.

As I logged onto Blogger this afternoon I was greeted with the announcement, "Your new account is ready!" So of course, since I'm boycotting Blogger Beta for reasons I can't remember, I went to click on my existing account instead. Only, it wasn't there this time. They were FORCING me to move.

It took me four hours to realize I wasn't going to get around this. No matter how many times I reloaded the page. Yes, I'm really that stubborn. So here I am, new and improved against my will. I figured everything would be shinier on this side. Where's the welcome basket? Where's the "V.I.P. Only" party? Wait a second...

This looks just like the OLD Blogger.
It is just like the Old Blogger!

Son of a bitch.


Around The Water Cooler:
Tink: You know the Virgin Mary?
Coworker: *Blink* Yeah.
Tink: I've been thinking... Maybe she wasn't really a virgin.
Coworker: Why are you thinking about this? It's Valentines Day!
Tink: Maybe when they were passing the word along someone misheard "vaginal birth" as "virginal."
Coworker: *Stares open mouthed*
Tink: *Waits for reply*
Coworker: *Continues to stare*
Tink: Didn't you ever play Telephone as a kid?!

DOT: Twisted Tink has been updated with a new chapter,
"The Other Side." See what Tink finds through the mirror. Comments, suggestions, and critiques are always appreciated. Rotten tomatoes are not.

PB will be closed tomorrow as I am going into the Witness Protection Program to our other office for training. I'll see you on Friday!

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

At 14 February, 2007, Blogger sassybead said...

So THAT's what happened! I went to read the comments from yesterday's post, and I was greeted with the message box about secure and insecure items. I just couldn't believe that you had caved after being so adamant about the "new and improved" (uh huh) Blogger and not wanting to sign up. I was one of those non-conformists too, but I suppose when I log in tonight I shall find I have also been updated against my will...

Whaddya gonna do....

PS - my wv = zkwjyyh....Whyyyy Blogger, why??

 
At 14 February, 2007, Blogger Jay said...

Welcome to the dark side. You know, the "new" blogger seems to be different from the "beta" that I agree to. When I switched all my template changes were gone.

Hmmm .. if I had waited to be forced it would have been easier. Bastards.

What? No PB tomorrow??? Could you talk to your bosses about this?

 
At 14 February, 2007, Blogger Newt said...

I was going to say "Welcome to the darkside" Jay beat me to it. Sigh. Well, you get to add categories to your posts. That's kinda fun. And it is easier to add people to your link list. But aside from that, not too different. Oh, and you can change the colors on your blog pretty easily.

 
At 14 February, 2007, Blogger fiwa said...

Yeah, I took the plunge a couple of weeks ago. I'm not that crazy about the drag and drop formatting, because if you really want to make changes to the html code in the template, it's a lot more confusing now. It took me a long time to get all my settings back the way I wanted them.

On the bright side though, it's over with for now and they'll quit bugging you!

Happy Valentine's Day!

 
At 14 February, 2007, Blogger Chris said...

The Witness Protect Program sounds possibly more fun.

LOVE your possible interpetation of the whole V. Mary thing... Hee hee.

Big difference with the new blogger? Harder to reply to comments than ever!!

 
At 14 February, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A lot of biblical scholars think that the translation ought to be "young women" instead of "virgin," so you're on to something for sure. And anyway, I've never really understood why the virginity part was so important to begin with. I mean, sex isn't something dirty, right?

 
At 14 February, 2007, Blogger Freakazojd said...

Oh Mamalujo, sex is definitely dirty, and that's the way uh-huh uh-huh we like it, uh-huh uh-huh! Ha...
What was I going to say...
Oh yes, I was going to say that it was probably me you heard talking about vaginal birth. Yes I'm all the way up here and you're all the way down there, but still.

 
At 14 February, 2007, Blogger geenalyn said...

blogger tried to get me to switch over last week, i was greeted with that same screen and i couldn't figure out a way to get around it...i was just about to switch over when i decided NO i didn't want to...i want to resist the new blogger...so i closed the window. Then out of curiousity i opened my blog up in a new window and was able to log in just fine under my old account. BLAH to new blogger i say!!

 
At 14 February, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is PRECISELY why I fled Blogger with only the clothes on my back, a little money and my passport.

 
At 15 February, 2007, Blogger Gracey said...

Hope you and Hoop had a wonderful Valentine's Day! Good luck at the training office tomorrow.

 
At 16 February, 2007, Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Glad you cleared that up for me, I have been boycotting the change too, so now I just might do the switch. Only thing is, I am worried I may loose my ticker counter thing.

 
At 16 February, 2007, Blogger mamatulip said...

The commenting thing in the new Blogger system really fucks me up. It's associated with Google and because I have two Gmail accounts it won't let me comment half of the time, if I'm logged in to my other Gmail account.

Bah. It's too much for my wee brain.

 
At 16 February, 2007, Blogger Foo said...

Yeah, the new Blogger is so much more convenient... for them, not us. Personally, I think it's a plot just to force us all to assimilate to Google and try out all their ad-supported services.

It's Yahoo! II: The Empire Strikes Back.

 
At 19 February, 2007, Blogger graymama said...

Happy Belated Valentine's Day!

I haven't signed in to blogger yet, but I will have to post eventually. hmmmm.....

 
At 19 February, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to your new home, Tink even if you were evicted from your old one! Many happy years in your new home! I think you have some there re the vaginal vs virginal birth thingee!

 
At 19 February, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

xoxox dam site doesn't put my blog site address in! Anyone how come? Here it is patsyann.wordpress.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home