Thursday, March 15, 2007

Do The Hustle!

Or the Cabbage Patch if you prefer. Tomorrow is FRIDAY!

Daily Hoop Conversation:
Hoop: I need to get my eyes checked.
Tink: Well we both know that's not going to happen.
Hoop: There's an eye doctor in the plaza at work.
Tink: Is there a dentist there too?
Hoop: I do my own dentist work.
Tink: Oh, so you're certified now?
Hoop: I'm a Nuclear Surgeon.
Tink: A Nuclear Surgeon.
Hoop: I got my degree at Harvard.
Tink: When?
Hoop: Right after NAM.
Tink: The war?
Hoop: Yeah. I built a time machine.
Tink: You built it?
Hoop: Hello! Nuclear Surgeon.
Tink: What did you build it out of?
Hoop: Toothpicks.

10 Minutes Of Random Thought:
Start. I never considered myself as having ADD tendencies. But since realizing that my favorite part of the day is when I get off... Of work you gutterheads ...I find my mind wandering away from everything that deals with this job. It's become a chronic problem. The stack of papers in my "IN" box is so high right now, I'm actually considering shredding it and starting fresh. Just a few minutes ago I found myself rooting around on the floor looking for a fallen peanut. I'd been working on a high deadline project fifteen minutes prior and suddenly a peanut took priority. I'm glad we don't have cameras in this place. They might start questioning my time management skills. I can imagine their log. "10:15. Tink scratches her ass. 10:30. Still scratching. 11:00. She's moved on to her foot now." It's not because I'm not motivated. I wouldn't be where I am today if I wasn't. It's that I'm BORED. This company's idea of throwing a curve ball is putting me in the warehouse for a day counting inventory. *YAWN* Why don't they stick me on a truck? That would be a challenge! When I started this job I was training people. I was making presentations and doing pricing adjustments. Then my job grew. I became backup for IT, the receptionist, and accounts receiving. They started handing off data entry projects that took two mind numbing days of staring at the computer to complete. The Bud-Girl caught me trying to poke my eye out with a ruler one morning. She quit three days later. Coincidence? I think not. So there's my rant. I need a new job. I'm thinking of becoming a professional pudding wrestler. Or maybe an excuse maker. "Tell them you found some cerumen (earwax) in your lobule (earlobe) and you won't be back until it clears up." What do you think? BTW, I didn't find the peanut. I'm sure the roaches will be happy." Stop.

Daily Hoop Conversation 2:
Tink: Crap. I'm out of tampons.
Hoop: Didn't you just buy a box?
Tink: One box usually lasts one period. That's why I thought I was done.
Hoop: Well that's pretty shitty. They only put enough in there to last you one period?
Tink: Yup.
Hoop: That's like those three-packs of condoms I used to buy when I was younger. They're so dang expensive! And they know they're only going to last you one weekend.
Tink: Whoa Tiger.

Also, anyone else find
this article a little bizarre? DEHYDRATED camels. In Australia no less.

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

At 15 March, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just yesterday I dug a big glob of earwax out of my left ear. Weird, huh?

Hey, go see Spellconjurer. (Find her through me)

 
At 15 March, 2007, Blogger mamatulip said...

Your Hoop convo #2 cracks me UP. Woah, Tiger indeed.

Dehydrated camels? Gotta go read that article.

 
At 15 March, 2007, Blogger Chris said...

LOL!! Thanks for some mid-afternoon wakeup giggles. As usual. :)

 
At 15 March, 2007, Blogger Jay said...

Hello? Nuclear Surgeon? ... hahaha .. that made me LOL

You know, I've often wondered if I suffer from some form of Adult onset ADD. But, that seem so redicu .... Oh look! A birdie, right outside my window. He's so cute! .... Anyway, I totally agree that the Old Darrin was FAR better than the New Darrin on Bewtiched. HUH? What were talking about?

 
At 15 March, 2007, Blogger mike said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 15 March, 2007, Blogger Mike Y said...

I'm not even sure where to start. I echo Katherine's comment on the last conversation. That totally cracked me up.

If Hoop knew some of the things they have to do in nuclear medicine, I don't think he'd claim to be a nuclear surgeon. That is unless he enjoys the thought of shooting radioactive isotopes into some dude's nuts to monitor the blood flow through his package.

And I can totally relate to your peanut distraction. I've been there-- too many times. ;)

 
At 15 March, 2007, Blogger Betty said...

Dehydrated camels? Let them drink Pepsi!

 
At 15 March, 2007, Blogger Mignon said...

Wow. There something out there right now... I was just at the doctor having cerumen flushed out of my ear. Doo-doo doo-doo

 
At 15 March, 2007, Blogger Newt said...

LOL, you should try the balance/workout ball at work idea. Seriously it just puts a whole new light on the workday. When I get bored I bounce around. Ok, so I get a lttle dizzy, but hell, it keeps me amused.

 
At 15 March, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure which part was funnier? I can't stand being stuck at a desk either. My mind tends to stray. Thanks for the TLC! One foot in front of the other, that's all I can do!

 
At 16 March, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup. It's the universal sign of needing a new job: digging around on the floor for the fallen peanut.

I've been there my friend and it ain't pretty.

Hope you have a great weekend!

 
At 16 March, 2007, Blogger Gracey said...

The truth about tampons!! I swear it's a conspiracy against women!!

 
At 16 March, 2007, Blogger Jay said...

I hate to nit-pick, but I think pudding wrestlers are strictly amateur.

 
At 16 March, 2007, Blogger Allison said...

LOL! I just ran out of tampons yesterday too. And one box per period here too. Bastards.

 
At 16 March, 2007, Blogger meno said...

I buy kegs o' tampons at Costco. That'll last for a few months!

 
At 18 March, 2007, Blogger EE said...

*snort* I LOVE those Hoop convo's. The nuclear surgeon one made me LOL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home