Friday, March 30, 2007

Do You Have Dogitis?

I had a dream last night that my Mom came over for a visit and found some old medical paperwork of Hoop's. It was buried in between pictures of him shark and octopus hunting. You thought I meant fishing didn't you? No, he was doing it on dry land. "He's got Dogitis!" My Mom gasped, waving the paperwork in my face. "Dogitis is a disease that makes your face bloat and changes your skin color. He has been looking a little blue lately." So I confronted him about it and he admitted it was true. Caught by scratching at an infected scab one day. When the alarm woke me up, he was turning a lovely shade of green. I'm kind of disappointed. I didn't get to see what color he ended up being!

Questions from the fabulous and creative Odd Mix:


1. Do you find it easier to make friends with men or women? Why?

Definitely men. I get their humor. They're easier to read. None of the cattiness or sneakiness that's prevalent among women. They tell you how it is and expect you not to cry about it. They're less judgmental because the threat of competition is gone. I've found them to be generally more easy going and adventurous when the need for entertainment arises. I love being a woman. I love the women that are in my life. But those relationships I worked for, cultivated and cared after. With men it always fell in to place... "Want to go get some beer?" "Sure." "Cool." A pitcher later we were friends.

2. If you had to move away from Florida, to where would you want to move? (assuming that you could find a job and house without too much trouble)

Hoop and I talk about that a lot. We've considered somewhere in Tennessee or maybe the Carolinas. We both really liked Savannah, Georgia. Although Kentucky might be nice. I've only ever driven through it in passing. There are so many beautiful places around us. It would be hard to decide! Maybe we'll take a road trip before we do.

3. If you could get and care for another animal - but not a dog, cat, bird or fish - what would it be. Why?

A Giraffe! How cool would that be? I'd strap a camera to his head and spy on the neighbors. I bet he'd eat a lot though. Maybe a Kangaroo? I've heard they're kind of mean. I've always wanted a pot bellied pig or a goat. But Hoop doesn't seem very interested in either. He says a dog that thinks she's a pig is bad enough and goats will eat all our plants. So maybe something smaller? I wouldn't mind a corn snake. They're not very cuddly. But they're fascinating to hold and watch. You know, I think I'd like one of everything. Oh, and the money to house and feed them all too.

4. Why did you start smoking again? When are you going to quit?

I'm weak! Out of the three of us (Mom, Hoop, and myself) I was doing the best by week two. I was down to one cigarette a day and had gotten over the spontaneous fits of confusion and anger. Instead, it was replaced by a deep depression I couldn't shake. I don't know which was worse. One after the other my partners fell off the wagon. I held on for another day or two. But in the end I realized, I need help. I'm still looking for it. It's not going to come in a patch or gum. Maybe medication. Maybe therapy. I can promise you this; I'm going to continue trying.

5. What advice would you give to the father of a brand new baby girl? (assume married and first child)

Love her as fully as you can! You'll always be her Dad. But she won't always be "Daddy's Little Girl."

Daily Hoop Conversation:
Tink: How much do you love me?
Hoop: *Spreads arms* This much.
Tink: Only that much?
Hoop: My hands are open!
Tink: So?
Hoop: That means it goes on FOREVER.

Courtesy of
Odd Mix:

The words for this weekend are...

Familiar
Unknown


DOT: Twisted Tink has been updated with a new chapter,
"Evie's Family." Feel free to leave suggestions for a better title. I seem to be running a little dry on ideas today. As usual, comments and critiques are always appreciated. Here, I'll even get it started for you. "This chapter sucks/rocks because..." Now you fill in the rest.

Have a GREAT weekend!


Labels: , ,

19 Comments:

At 30 March, 2007, Blogger Jay said...

Can you imagine the pile of poo a giraffe would leave in the backyard? You'd have to shovel it up and haul it off on a daily basis.

But it would be cool to have a pet giraffe. I love those animals. They're really fascinating.

Have a great weekend.

 
At 30 March, 2007, Blogger Peggy said...

When I asked one of my boys years ago how much they loved me, he put his two index fingers together. "The love goes out and around the world and meets back up and there is only the space between my fingers where it doesn't reach" and he then mushed his fingers togther as tight as he could.

 
At 30 March, 2007, Blogger fiwa said...

Dogitis - that sounds like a dream I would have! The other night I dreamed that Mel Gibson drove my company into the ground and wasn't even sorry! I woke up VERY mad at Mel.

I love the questions/and answers on this entry. Good luck giving up smoking - you can do it.

 
At 30 March, 2007, Blogger Molly said...

Oooohhh, Hoop's answer is the best; his love for you goes on forever.

How about hypnosis to give up smoking? I hear for some people that hypnosis can be very effective.

 
At 30 March, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd have a panda. They look awfully huggable. Maybe I could train it to help around the house...like getting things off high shelves, so I wouldn't have to ask Foo (or send telepathic messages for him to do it).

Tink, I prefer men friends too. The exception is the women who don't act like catty, backstabbing, 2-faced beeatches. You know the kind.

I am sooooo glad that I'm not the only one who asks their sweetie questions like "How much do you love me?" Foo just gives me a goofy look back and says "Why do you ask those questions????"

Kewl, gf! I lub ewe more and more. *hug*

 
At 30 March, 2007, Blogger Lucia said...

You know, I love it that you answered giraffe!

(When I first read your title, I thought it said dogtits.)

 
At 30 March, 2007, Blogger Mindfully Moody said...

First can I just say that the 'dogtits' mis-read is quite hilarious!!

Second, I went for the first time to Twisted Tink and started reading. Love it! I brought my girl on my lap and started reading cuz I'm really sick of 'Moo, Baa, Lah, lah, lah' She needs some variety- even if it is twisted ;)

 
At 30 March, 2007, Blogger Chris said...

Hoop's answer is perfect. :)

 
At 31 March, 2007, Blogger meno said...

I want a koala. I hear they are mean. But MINE isn't. He's all sleepy and cuddly.

 
At 31 March, 2007, Blogger Ellie said...

I think a giraffe would be awesome!

I understand about the smoking and quitting routine, I smoked for 15 years and quit about a billion times! But finally last May I did it and for whatever reason I didn't need to use anything. I still get cravings now and again, but when the time is right it'll happen! One of the times that I quit for over 3 mos I used zyban and it worked better than the gum or the patch. Whenever you're ready to quit again you'll have all your friends behind you cheering you on!

 
At 01 April, 2007, Blogger Tawcan said...

Interesting answers. A giraffe would be awesome, not sure how easy it would be to take care one though.

Never got into the smoking routine, eventhough I spent 8 months in Germany (practically everyone smokes there). Thank god I didn't get my feet wet on this one. Hopefully you can successfully quit one day. :)

 
At 01 April, 2007, Blogger Foo said...

Hoop: That means it goes on FOREVER.

Cadged!

You know, that whole dogitis thing could have been so much worse than just changing colors. Think how you'd have felt if you walked in on him licking hi[signal faded]

 
At 02 April, 2007, Blogger EE said...

Loved the Hoop convo...LIKE ALWAYS... ;)

These interview questions are great too. Loving them.

 
At 02 April, 2007, Blogger EE said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 02 April, 2007, Blogger mamatulip said...

I think it would be BOSS to have a giraffe. Seriously. I'd spy on the neighbours too...that's a brilliant idea. LOL!

 
At 02 April, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A giraffe could help you keep the tops of your palm trees pruned.

You can't move away from Florida until we have our camping trip at Lake Placid, sans alligators of course ;o)

 
At 02 April, 2007, Blogger Just A Knit Wit said...

Re: Smoking - My parents both smoked and they had this laser treatment done that helped. You might want to check that out.

 
At 02 April, 2007, Blogger mrspao said...

I thought dogitis was something akin to dogging...

 
At 03 April, 2007, Blogger Newt said...

I think a giraffe would be COOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home