Shakin' It Off
Daily Hoop Conversation:
(On the phone)
Hoop: I think we should avoid talking about anything negative.
Tink: Oh-kay. I guess work conversation is out then.
Hoop: Traffic too.
Tink: We can't talk about the house.
Hoop: So, what's that leave us with?
Hoop: I love you!
Tink: I love you too babe.
Hoop: See you at the house?
1. Friday night I rode out to my parents' for a little R&R.
2. You know things were bad if I considered a house full of six people, ten dogs, and three cats relaxing.
3. The boys (Hoop, Nash, and their Dad) had a much less relaxing night aboard a Casino Cruise.
4. I knew the losses were high when Hoop failed to call me that evening.
5. I will never understand how a FREE boat ride can cost someone $300.
6. Poor Hoop. I think he'll be sticking to $1 lotto tickets for awhile.
7. Saturday morning I went to Big Bit's baseball game.
8. He played so well I almost forgot I was watching a kid's sport.
9. Until the coach yelled, "Don't lose our only ball!"
10. You know funding for the area is low when both my brother's team and the rival one are wearing the same shirts.
11. A couple of times during the game I had to ask who was up. "Is that our blue and whites up to bat or the other blue and whites?"
12. At one point my Mom cheered for the wrong team.
13. After the game I went home to relax...
14. ...and revel in the fact that we now have doggie doors!
15. I think I was enjoying them more than the dogs. I made them run through them six or seven times before tiring out.
16. It's the little things in life folks.
17. After freshening up (and making the dogs run through the doors a few times more) I met up with the boys down town.
18. That night we drank...
19. ...and shot spit balls at a cockroach that was hanging out on the bar wall.
20. We even rescued a woman from catching an umbrella on fire.
21. Ok, everyone else rescued her. I just stared in fascination.
22. I'm sure I would have reacted eventually.
23. But seriously. Who puts an umbrella up around tiki torches? It's a once in a lifetime show!
In The Coffee News:
YOU'RE FIRED! Here's a guard dog that didn't last long in the job. Barney was supposed to be guarding the Teddy Bear Museum at Wooley Hole Caves in England, but instead of protecting the stuffed toys, he attacked them and shredded more than 100 of them. The most serious offense was chomping down on the head of an antique bear that once belonged to Elvis Presley. The owner of the teddy bear had loaned it to the museum just two days before Barney destroyed it. It was estimated to be worth $70,000. "He headed directly for the most unique teddy of all," lamented museum boss Daniel Medley.
Daily Hoop Conversation 2:
Tink: What time do you think you'll be home tomorrow?
Hoop: Hopefully by six. Why?
Tink: Because I have to leave a key under the mat for the termite guys. I wanted to make sure the person who's going to get home first has a key.
Hoop: Aren't you putting a key under the mat?
Tink: Yeah, but it's for the termite guys.
Hoop: Are they going to be keeping it?
Tink: They better not!
Hoop: Then it should still be there when we get home right?
Tink: Oh yeah!