Friday, June 15, 2007

So Long, Suckers!

Hoop and I will be on vacation from June 16th until June 24th.

Part of the vacation will be spent meeting up with fellow Bloggers in an undisclosed location in Florida. I don't know what to expect. But I've been forewarned, it will probably involve large amounts of alcohol and the misuse of a fake horse head. I've already been given the "go ahead" to take black mail pictures. They don't have any idea what they've agreed to, do they?

The other part of the vacation will take place in Alabama (of all places). Every time I mention it I hear dueling banjos in my head. Hoop's Dad has rented a house on the beach. There are four couples and two singletons going, and there are only three bedrooms. Hm. At least there's a beach. I might actually get a tan and look like I belong in Florida!

If I get time before we leave, I'll post again. I'm trying to drum up some headers so you guys can vote on a new blog theme while I'm gone. This one is starting to feel like my eleven year old pair of boots, comfy, but not really in style anymore. If I don't get to it, I'll post them when I get back. If you're feeling froggy, go ahead and leave me some suggestions. What would you like to see up there? Any ideas for a new tag line?

As much as the blog withdrawals are going to hurt, I'm really looking forward to this retreat. My sanity depends on it, guys. Just the other night I found myself trying to open the house with my car alarm button. Scared the shit out of me. I thought someone was breaking into the house. Then I realized, we don't have an alarm system! Maybe I shouldn't advertise that. We do, on the other hand, have two ferocious, people-eating Rat Terriers. Grrr.

While I'm away:
Jay is in charge of guarding the beer stash, Corky is in charge of watching Jay, and Meno is in charge of filming the evidence when they both fail. Mama T's job is to jump on the table and yell, "Stop that!" If anyone gets hurt in the process, go see Susan. Complaints can be taken up with Lefty, because I know he won't give a damn. Newt is in charge of being bossy. She very rarely gets the chance.

Mamalujo's job is to be the resident gutter head (pretend you're me and it should be easy). Edge is in charge of being Bad Cop. BG, you're Good Cop. Maggie, you're job is to document it all in the form of a poem. If all else fails, call on Wordgirl. She lives with four men, which practically makes her a superhero. As for everyone else, I'm counting on you to build a shrine in my honor look pretty. I know you won't let me down.

See you on the flip side!

Tink

Labels:

40 Comments:

At 15 June, 2007, Blogger Chelle Y. said...

Have a great time, Tink! We'll miss you!

 
At 15 June, 2007, Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

Have fun and recharge! You deserve it. Can't wait to hear all about it though.

P.S. I like the Tink look. You aren't going to stop being a fairy are you? Okay, that did not sound right.

 
At 15 June, 2007, Blogger Jay said...

Have fun on your vacation!

Leaving me and Corky in charge of the beer is in no way letting the fox guard the henhouse either. Nope .. not at all. You can count on us. No way I could EVER bribe Corky with beer either. Never! ;-)

 
At 15 June, 2007, Blogger Lynnea said...

I'm on it Tink. Have a good one.

 
At 15 June, 2007, Blogger meno said...

Have fun sweetie! I'm getting my camera out now.

 
At 15 June, 2007, Blogger geenalyn said...

have a great time Tink!! i wish i could talk dh into a vacation...i'm in desperate need of one

 
At 15 June, 2007, Blogger Blank said...

Dick Cheney is a blogger?

I love Rat Terriers. I had one years ago. Best dog EVER.

 
At 15 June, 2007, Blogger mrspao said...

Have fun!!!

 
At 15 June, 2007, Blogger Spamboy said...

Alabama? Beach? Must be going to Dauphin Island(s) or Gulf Shores -- either one, they're a blast. Have a good time!

 
At 15 June, 2007, Blogger Scottsdale Girl said...

Have an awesome time, stay away from sharks, are there sharks in Alabama?

 
At 15 June, 2007, Blogger Lefty said...

Ah yes, the world famous beaches of Alabama...

 
At 15 June, 2007, Blogger captain corky said...

Did somebody say beer?

Have a great trip Tink, and don't worry, I won't let Jay drink any of our beer. Well, maybe one if he's a good boy.

 
At 15 June, 2007, Blogger Me said...

Hope you have a great time!

 
At 15 June, 2007, Blogger Peggy said...

Have a lovely holiday! Don't get sunburned!

I'm looking forward to some good stories and photos when you get back.

You didn't give me a job so I'll just do the laundry and bake some stuff. You don't mind if I weed a bit do you?

 
At 15 June, 2007, Blogger Terri said...

here's wishing you a great and restful vacation!

 
At 16 June, 2007, Blogger Jen said...

I am so going to go through Pickled Beef with drawl in the next 9 days. . . .

Don't worry about me though; just go ahead and have fun. No need to worry. I'll be fine. It's not a problem, just a situation.

Really though, I do hope your vacation helps you catch up on some fun and relaxation! Enjoy!

 
At 16 June, 2007, Blogger Cindi said...

Have a great vacation! Looking forward to hearing all about it when you come back!

 
At 16 June, 2007, Blogger Mary said...

I know you guys will have some fun! Relax, destress, and drink a lot!!

see ya when you're back

 
At 16 June, 2007, Blogger Lynn@ZelleBlog said...

Have fun! A vacation? What's that?

 
At 16 June, 2007, Blogger eric said...

yeah, using your car alarm ... time to go on vacation.

 
At 17 June, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has anyone seen Edge? He gets a little carried away with the suspects sometimes, wanna make sure he's not shining the bright light in their face or punching them or whatever bad cops do. I will have to go write up a report, seems he's MIA.

(Hope you are having a wonderful time!!!)

 
At 17 June, 2007, Blogger Kell said...

Hope you're having a wonderful time!

 
At 17 June, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please tell me you'll be seeing Teebs! Meanwhile, I'll be cracking the whip here if anyone needs me to.

 
At 18 June, 2007, Blogger mamatulip said...

I'll miss you, and I'm totally curious to hear about who you met up with! Have fun!

 
At 18 June, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure you are having a blast! We'll miss you!!!

 
At 18 June, 2007, Blogger furiousBall said...

Have a fun trip, do get whatever tattoo is suggested to you, you can use this balm my cousin invented to remove it or grease your transmission.

 
At 18 June, 2007, Blogger Chris Cactus said...

I'm jealous. Although I'm a little miffed that I wasn't given a job.

Have fun ;-)

 
At 19 June, 2007, Blogger KELSO'S NUTS said...

TINK:

You are just freaking me out now. You remember, of course, my own personal "pickled beef" story...hitchhiking, malt liquor, Smith College....

...well, another good college friend, Gary, who was at the "pickled beef" meal but who had hitchhiked with a different guy and had way better luck than Mike and me, used to tell a story about the phrase "see you on the flip side."

Gary's from Wallingford, CT His Dad worked on the line at Allegheny Ludlum Aluminum Mill ("Big Al") and it was Gary's good fortune to be accepted as a scholarship day-student at Choate, as was his best friend, Pete, whose father was an Italian baker. At any rate, Gary and Pete were cutting up in class and the teacher called them over and lectured them about "respect" and so forth.

Gary resented the way the teacher talked down to them and took it to be something of a class thing, their fathers being working men. So,the teacher leaves the room, and walks out of the building. Then, either Pete or Gary, I am forgetting who, opened the window and called out to the teacher "See you on the flip side!"

They got hit with two months detention or so.

 
At 19 June, 2007, Blogger Tawcan said...

First of all, I have to say I hate you. I need a vacation. :(

Secondly, I have to say, have a great vacation! Enjoy yourself!

 
At 19 June, 2007, Blogger Newt said...

Ok everyone, she said I could be bossy - so I'm 30 comments too late - but hey, she asked for suggestions for her new header and not ONE of you said anything. Ok, I take that back, debbiedoeslife said she liked the one Tink has, but the rest of you. Come on people CHOP CHOP! Suggestions!

This is me being bossy. She said I could, honest.

Oh, sure, fine, now I bet ya'll are mad at me for being so bossy.

But dang it, suggest people!

 
At 19 June, 2007, Blogger Lucia said...

Ooh...I can't wait to hear about the blog meet.

 
At 20 June, 2007, Blogger Alex said...

Hope your vacation is everything you hoped for and more. Enjoy and can't wait to hear a recap!

 
At 20 June, 2007, Blogger Arabella said...

I just wanted you to know that I actually showered today, just for you, in an attempt to look pretty. I take my job very seriously.

Have a wonderful vacation, Tink!

 
At 20 June, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you're having a fabulous vacation!

And next time, we need to do a Florida bloggers meetup on a grander scale. I think there are at least 10 of us that I know of. It would be fun to get together someplace central.

 
At 21 June, 2007, Blogger Peevish said...

I'm glad you're having a nice holiday, but I am missing my daily dose of Tink-ness!

 
At 22 June, 2007, Blogger Jess Riley said...

Have a fantastic vacation!!! As stated earlier, you certainly deserve it. Looking forward to hearing what transpired.

 
At 22 June, 2007, Blogger Peggy said...

Newt,

My suggestion is for NO CHANGE. It isn't broken, so why try to fix it?

 
At 24 June, 2007, Blogger Lynn@ZelleBlog said...

Suggestions for a header...what about Tinkerbell with a different look?

 
At 25 June, 2007, Blogger Me said...

It is the 25th over here and according to my calculations you are a liar and like to hurt my feelings :(

I demand satisfaction ;)

 
At 25 June, 2007, Blogger Chris said...

I hope you guys survived your vacation and had a great time!! Welcome back?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home