Friday, June 08, 2007

Scatterbrained

It's Friday, the day I've been waiting for since Sunday night.

If you're expecting some masterpiece post here, you might want to move along now. Instead, I give you more evidence of my addiction to lists.

Awesome Bud Light Commercials:
1.
Swear Jar
2.
How Ugly Girls Get Asked To Dance
3.
Secret Fridge
4.
Hidden Bud Light

Stoopid Peapole:
  • After the little escapade Hoop and I had with Walmart on Monday, I decided to email a complaint to the website. The response I got back was that they were sorry for my inconvenience and that the second desk I had ordered had been damaged in shipping. So without asking, they were cancelling my order and refunding me the money. Niiice. Apparently their method of dealing with pissed off customers is to piss them off even more.
  • The sheriff who released Paris Hilton from jail.
  • Most of us use "..." to signify a dramatic pause or halt in a sentence. This person uses it as replacement for normal punctuation. Seen in an email, "I look forward to working with all of you in the first quarter on these opportunities...and as stated before our fundamentals are in place...we have nothing to fear...lets go get the volume!!!" Correction, there are also three (count them, THREE) !'s in there as well.


    Courtesy of
    Odd Mix:

    The words for Tuesday are Air and Earth.

    June Search Terms:
    (What people put into search engines that bring them here)
    1. Horse in a bikini It better be a big bikini
    2. Ms. suzi had a bunny Ms. suzi had a cat one went to heaven the other went to hell-o operator It was a steamboat, and the steamboat had a bell. Duh.
    3. walmart "we don't have to dress up" So, you wear that ugly blue vest by choice?
    4. Stupid realtor
    I see you've had the pleasure of meeting mine.
    5. tomato soup and dog pee
    That's one way to lose weight.
    6. my boyfriend's nipples taste like onions *Gasp* My long lost brother!

    Have a GREAT weekend guys!
  • Labels: ,

    20 Comments:

    At 08 June, 2007, Blogger captain corky said...

    I wish I were rich so that if I was ever sent to prison Icould go home, because I had a cold. What the fuck?

    Have a great weekend Tink. ;)

     
    At 08 June, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    In your honor, I will purchase some Bud Select on my way home this evening. Keeps me from getting fat yanno.

     
    At 08 June, 2007, Blogger meno said...

    I'm not here for a masterpiece, i'm here for the fun.

     
    At 08 June, 2007, Blogger Newt said...

    No matter what you post for the day, it is ALWAYS fun and entertaining. Have a great weekend!

    I'm sorry......no matter what....you post....it is ALWAYS! fun!!!... and.....exciting!!!!!!!!!!

     
    At 08 June, 2007, Blogger Chris said...

    Oh, great, now I'm self conscious about my addiction to exclamation points and ellipses.

     
    At 08 June, 2007, Blogger Lynnea said...

    Wow you found your brother!

    Apparently there are many of us addicted to lists. Especially your lists.

     
    At 08 June, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Magic Fridge is by far my favorite - second only to the Clydesdales, but then again that's not Bud Light.

    My experience with Walmart has not been good either.

     
    At 08 June, 2007, Blogger mamatulip said...

    Customer service is a dying breed, I swear. I'm not surprised about the Wal Mart stint -- Home Depot just sent us a ten dollar gift certificate because they advertised blinds that they never intended on selling in the first place.

    Seventy dollar blinds.

    We got ten bucks. And they spelled our last name wrong in the "Please accept this gift and continue to spend money at Home Depot" letter. Really really wrong.

     
    At 09 June, 2007, Blogger Molly said...

    Hmmm...All right, I confess to using the three periods successively, excessively a little too often.

    Have a great weekend.

     
    At 09 June, 2007, Blogger Mary said...

    Uh I use......alot too. oops...heheheh

     
    At 09 June, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Bulldog just had a run in with wal-mart. She made them cry. When she was done they paid her to drive to another town and buy her product at their expense. REMEMBER, WAL-MART HAS SECURITY TAPES AND YOU CAN MAKE THEM USE THEM AGAINST THEMSELVES. IT'S CALLED LIVE AT 5

    yeppers gotta love that bulldog..

    Last time they made her mad she got a FREE tripod for her photography, and not a cheap one either. The best one in the store.. well it's wal-mart so it was cheap. pry will fall apart the first time she uses it. ha ha

     
    At 09 June, 2007, Blogger mrspao said...

    Those Bud Lite commercials are awesome! Magic fridge!!!

     
    At 10 June, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Those Real Men of Genius commercials crack me up.

    There's one about a hot dog champion and he says "hope I'm not eating rat butt!"

     
    At 10 June, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm gonna try the word challenge I think. I visited his site, wasn't sure what it was all about, and he is very interesting! Hope you are having a swell weekend full of nothing!

     
    At 10 June, 2007, Blogger Lefty said...

    I know Maggie LOVES your lists, but I have issues with lists.

    1) The list format should NEVER be used.
    2) Mrs. Lefty makes endless lists when she is obsessing over something, meaning that lists make ME anxious.
    3) Lists lack the comprehensive nature of a good 12-page paragraph.
    4) ...
    5) I haven't had a bowl of tomato soup and dog pee in a long while. Ah, comfort food.
    6) Keep on making your lists, zebra girl. See if I care.

    (Now I feel much better.)

     
    At 10 June, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    There is truly no such thing as good customer service anymore. It's a pretty sad state of affairs when we just expect to get treated badly and are surprised when we have a good experience with a retailer or restaurant.

     
    At 10 June, 2007, Blogger Me said...

    Glad to see Paris has been sent back in a heeving mess. No one is above the law! Not even Judge Dredd.

    WTF @ 'horse in a bikini'

     
    At 10 June, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm very bad about overuse of the ellipsis. So very, very bad.

     
    At 11 June, 2007, Blogger furiousBall said...

    The Swear Jar commercial is brilliant. WalMart is something isn't it. How is it that a commercial entity that tries to be so righteous in banning CDs and books it finds indecent that at the same time can be so horrible to human beings?

    I like Paris in jail. If it was filmed, it would bury every single reality show ratings record ever.

     
    At 11 June, 2007, Blogger Scottsdale Girl said...

    Apparently I am going to have to do some spelunking in your archive because the whole "nipples/onions" thingie is lost on me.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home