Death To Mondays
Around The Water Cooler:
Boss: You busy today?
Boss: What are you doing after lunch?
Tink: Building a fort.
1. Hoop and I went out and saw Knocked Up on Friday night.
2. Even with our expectations really high, we thought the movie was hilarious. We gave it four thumbs up. I laughed until my cheeks hurt.
3. In one scene they showed a very graphic image of a baby being born. All the men in the audience, including Hoop, recoiled and shouted "Ugh!"
4. Saturday morning, Hoop had to work. So I slept in and then lazed around on the couch like a good girlfriend. I hadn't even showered by the time he got home.
4. Our original plan was to go to the beach. If I skip the sun for too many days my color goes back to day-glow and I can't wear shorts for fear of blinding people.
5. Unfortunately, the weather had other plans. It stormed all day.
6. At one point Hoop suggested we go anyway and look for shark teeth. The sky responded by opening up and dumping another torrent of water on us.
7. We took that as a sign that we should stay home and watch movies while eating ice cream instead.
8. Clouds KIND OF look like scoops of ice cream. Interpret it how you want.
9. The other movie we watched was Pan's Labrynth. I found the movie both beautiful and violent, a fairy tale NOT meant for children's eyes. Hoop and I enjoyed the movie, although I'm not sure I would watch it more than twice. We gave it three thumbs up and one thumb down.
10. Sunday, I had a Girl's Day with my Mom. We ate well, laughed hard, and spent waaaaay too much money.
11. Although in the end, the $200 ring my Mom got for my Grandma's birthday ended up being worth closer to $1,000. So maybe we didn't spend too much.
12. Fuzzy logic folks. It gets me out of half of life's battles.
Not Far From The Tree:
Tink: This card would be perfect for Hoop's birthday.
Mom: *Reads Aloud* Now that you're turning 30, I should probably start calling you "Ma'm."
Tink: Isn't that great?
Tink: *Cracks up*
Mom: You're so strange.
Daily Hoop Conversation:
(At the movie store)
Hoop: Wait... Pan's Labrynth has subtitles?
Tink: Yeah. But you don't even notice them after awhile.
Cashier: The movie is REALLY good. You'll like it.
Hoop: I hate subtitles! Do they have a dubbed version?
Cashier: Not yet. It'll probably be a couple of years.
Tink: Come on, Hoop. Let's just get it.
Hoop: *Loud whisper* But you know I can't read!
Cashier: *Open mouthed stare*
Tink: Oh my God.
How was your weekend?