Thursday, September 20, 2007

Double The Filling

Daily Hoop Conversation:
Hoop: I got you a present.
Tink: You did? What is it?
Hoop: It's a surprise.
Tink: Is it bigger than a bread box?
Hoop: I don't know how big a bread box is, babe.
Tink: Can I fit it in my mouth?
Hoop: No.
Tink: Can I wear it?
Hoop: I'm sure you could make something with it to wear.
Tink: Did you find it on the street?
Hoop: NO. Believe it or not, I actually exchanged currency for it.
Tink: Is it white?
Hoop: It has white on it.
Tink: What other colors are on it?
Hoop: All the colors of the rainbow.
Tink: Crayons!
Hoop: No.
Tink: *Whispers* Is it sexy clothes?
Hoop: I already said you can't wear it.
Tink: Oh. Can I play with it?
Hoop: You can play with what comes in it.
Tink: Is it alive?
Hoop: No.
Tink: So it's dead?
Hoop: What?
Tink: Do you like it?
Hoop: Yes.... and no.
Tink: Hm.
Hoop: Why don't you just wait and see when we get home?
Tink: Is it bigger than the dog?
Hoop: *Sigh*

Not Far From The Tree:
Tink: I just got the neatest care package EVER.
Mom: From who?
Tink:
Newt and Nettie!
Mom: Aw.
Tink: I'll have to send you a picture. It's so cool. There's all this Tink stuff and things to eat and do to keep me from smoking...
Mom: It's good to have a support network, huh?
Big Bit: They sent you all that stuff because you quit smoking?! That's it. I'm going to start smoking just so I can quit and all of you can buy me stuff.

Around The Water Cooler:
Tink: Do you want a piece of gum?
Coworker: No, thank you.
Tink: Yes you do.
Coworker: I'm pretty sure I don't.
Tink: It's really good gum!
Coworker: Oh-kay. I guess I'll take one.
Tink: ...
Coworker: Why are you staring at me?
Tink: Is it tingling?
Coworker: TINGLING?
Tink: Yeah.
Coworker: NO. Is it supposed to?
Tink: Damn false advertisement.
Coworker: You're freaking me out.
Tink: Hey Tom! Do you want a piece of gum?
Coworker: I'm spitting this out now.

Daily Hoop Conversation 2:
Tink: I had a dream last night that I punched Jay in the nuts.
Hoop:
Cynical Bastard?
Tink: Yeah.
Hoop: WHY?
Tink: We were all on a scavenger hunt and he was blocking the last item. But it's OK. It didn't seem to hurt him too bad. He was laughing about it afterward. Then we went to his house and there was a pagan party going on. A PAGAN party. I thought that was kind of weird.
Hoop: Wow, babe.
Tink: The good news is, Jay had a girlfriend. She was really cute too. Hopefully that made up for me punching him in the nuts.

Daily Hoop Conversation 3:
(While standing in line at McDonalds)
Hoop: Is your name Hannah?
Little Girl: How did you know?!
Hoop: I'm psychic!
Little Girl: *Look of shock*
(It was printed on the back of her shirt)
Hannah: I saved you a seat.
Tink: Thanks, Hannah.
Hannah: Do you wanna play a game?
Hoop: Sure!
Hannah: Ok. I'm going to tell you a letter and you're going to tell me what comes next. A!
Tink: B.
Hannah: C!
Hoop: H.
Hannah: Nope. Here, I'll whisper it to you. *Whispers* D.
Hoop: D.
Tink: Hey! That's not fair.
Hannah: E! Here, I'll whisper it to you. *Whispers* G.
Tink: G.
Hannah: WRONG!
Tink: I think this game is rigged.
Hoop: Hannah, you're going to make an EXCELLENT game show host one day.

Labels: ,

26 Comments:

At 20 September, 2007, Blogger Newt said...

Yippee first! Yahoo! Wow! I'm so excited!

 
At 20 September, 2007, Blogger Newt said...

Oh, I forgot to say something. Damn....um, tell Big Bit that if he still isn't smoking a year from now we'll send him his own care package.

 
At 20 September, 2007, Blogger Peggy said...

Well??? What was your present?

 
At 20 September, 2007, Blogger CRUSTY MOM-E said...

and you and hoop will make tremendous parents...how cute this posting was!!!
Loved it!
Always,
Crusty~

 
At 20 September, 2007, Blogger Jay said...

Wha? Punch ME in the balls? Sweet little ole me? What could I possibly EVER do to cause ANYONE to want to do that to ME?

I wondered why I woke up this morning with a dull pain in the lower abdomen. ;-)

Soooooooooooooo what was the present???

 
At 20 September, 2007, Blogger Alex said...

Yeah, what was the present? (I always ask the bread box question, too...)

 
At 20 September, 2007, Blogger mrspao said...

What was it?
:)

 
At 20 September, 2007, Blogger Tink said...

I'll know in two hours!

Any guesses?

I think it's a book.

Newt: See? There you go being sweet again! Don't worry about Big Bit though. We spoil him ALMOST to the point of rotten. ;)

Jay: I promise you, Jay. If we ever meet, I will NOT punch you in the balls.

 
At 20 September, 2007, Blogger Lefty said...

Though I really like the Daily Hoop Conversations, I think you're only allowed one per day. It's in the fairy handbook.

 
At 20 September, 2007, Blogger geenalyn said...

you sound like me when it comes to surprises...can't wait to find out what hoop got you :)

 
At 20 September, 2007, Blogger Heather said...

Hmm... leaving us in suspense on the present. No fair, no fair at all!!

 
At 20 September, 2007, Blogger Chelle Y. said...

Has it been two hours? What was the gift?

Funny dream about Jay! I could see that happening! Just kiddng!

 
At 20 September, 2007, Blogger Spamboy said...

Now if you had met Hannah yesterday, you could have stumped her with Pirate Alphabit ditties such as "R!" and "X (marks the spot)!"

 
At 20 September, 2007, Blogger mamatulip said...

So what was the present?!

(And LOL at Little Bit.)

 
At 20 September, 2007, Blogger Scottsdale Girl said...

If someone would just CHAIN me to my desk I would have 90% of the smoking cessation battle WON.

RE: co-worker & gum: I totally thought the coworker had bad breath because the first 3 lines are conversations I have had with smelly breathed bosses. :)

 
At 20 September, 2007, Blogger Chris said...

The suspense is killing me! What was the present?!!!

 
At 20 September, 2007, Blogger Pamer said...

hannah rules!!!!

 
At 20 September, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What was it, what WAS it?

 
At 20 September, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So...what did he get you? I'm dying to know.

 
At 21 September, 2007, Blogger Tink said...

LMAO! It was a book. A guide book for our new video game to be exact. Hoop's so "romantical". ;)

Lefty: What, too much? I was stocking them up for a couple of days.

Spamboy: Rrrr, THAT would have been funny!

Scottsdale Girl: Have you looked into the Chantix yet?

 
At 21 September, 2007, Blogger meno said...

I am trying to think of what you could make to wear out of this book.
???

 
At 21 September, 2007, Blogger Tink said...

Apparently, I'd have to get creative with tape...

 
At 21 September, 2007, Blogger Macoosh said...

oooh very cool...hoop rocks.

i think it's freaking hysterical that you had a dream about a fellow blogger. and for some reason, it's funnier that it was jay. dunno why.

 
At 21 September, 2007, Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

someday I want a man in my life that has a better sense of humor than me! he is a riot.

love the quips. keep them coming.

 
At 21 September, 2007, Blogger Scottsdale Girl said...

I'm taking the damned Chantix. It does not help squash my incredible ability to have absolutley no willpower.

I don't WANT the ciggie. I don't NEED the ciggie but oh look! I'm driving so I must smoke. Or OH LOOK I need toget away from my desk so I SMOKE.

Terribly frustrating to be such a farking PANSY ASS

 
At 22 September, 2007, Blogger CRUSTY MOM-E said...

What type of video game?
That can be romantic..Lite candles, turn off lights, turn it into a strip video game night..
you guys can take it from a married woman of 3 young baby boys..I can get creative..
Always,
Crusty~ :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home