Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Attack Of The Memes

The last time I participated in a meme (not of my own creation) was back in January. The reason is simple. I don't like them. So, if you have tagged me in the last nine months and I have failed to acknowledged it, please know that it's not because I don't love you. It's because I, much like a child below the age of five, like to believe that if you can't see something, it can't see you either. Like maybe if I ignore the fact that you tagged me, you might forget that you did it. What, that doesn't work? I'm going to ignore that you said that. But sometimes, if you're lucky and I'm bored, I'll do your meme anyway.

Like today...

Tagged by Krissa:

1. Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random or weird facts about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and link to their blog. Feel free to steal this if you want to.
4. Let each person know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. Consider yourself notified.

1. I hate imitation banana flavoring.
2. Sometimes I talk in a British accent for no reason.
3. I STILL hide things that I did as a teen from my Mom.
4. I have no problem handling frogs, lizards and snakes that I know aren't poisonous.
5. On average, I take about three photos a day.
6. Hoop has better fashion sense than I do.
7. I love conventions for the free food.

Tagged by Tawcan:

5 things I was doing 10 years ago-
Smoking pot
Sneaking out
Sleeping in class
Thinking I knew everything
Typical 15 year old crap that drives parents crazy

5 things on my to do list today-
Work (Bleh)
Get Marriage License DONE!
Do laundry
Watch "Pushing Daisies"
Walk at least 7,000 steps

5 snacks I love-
Pocky
Extra Cheddar Goldfish Crackers
Cut-up Mango
Candied Pecans
Fried Onions

5 things I would do if I were a millionaire-
Quit working for awhile and travel
Go to college
Pay for my brothers to go to college
Invest
Donate the rest

5 places I’ve lived-
Sylvania, Ohio
Toledo, Ohio
Phoenix, Arizona
South Bend, Indiana
A Small Drinking Village, Florida

5 jobs I’ve had-
Novelty Knife Salesman at a Flea Market
Peon at the Body Shop Clothing Store
Condo Cleaner
Transportation Clerk at a Food Warehouse
Do-All Girl at a Beer Distributor

Daily Hoop Conversation:
Hoop: Crap. The only thing on is "Cops".
Tink: Hey, I think this was filmed in Jacksonville. I recognize the uniforms.
Hoop: You recognize the UNICORNS?!
Tink: Yeah, because that makes so much sense.
Hoop: I thought you were calling the cops unicorns or something.
Tink: "Freeze! This is the unicorns! Come out with your hands in the-"
Hoop: -Oh shut up.
Tink: Man, I hope I never get pulled over by a unicorn.

Labels: ,

34 Comments:

At 22 October, 2008, Blogger furiousBall said...

just like policemen, unicorns love the shit out of some donuts

 
At 22 October, 2008, Blogger Coffespaz said...

Goldfish (Cracker) lovers unite! Just one more reason why I like you. :-)

 
At 22 October, 2008, Blogger Real Live Lesbian said...

LMAO @ the unicorn cops!

 
At 22 October, 2008, Blogger Chelle Y. said...

Unicorns? Hahaha!

 
At 22 October, 2008, Blogger Chatty said...

How would a unicorn pull you over, anyway?
Would he honk his HORN at you?
I can't believe I just wrote that. A thousand pardons...
and congrats on getting the license - one more nagging chore off the list!

 
At 22 October, 2008, Blogger Knight said...

You were a novelty knife salesman? That is so cool. How does one get a sweet gig like that?

Do you count each of the 7,000 steps? Cause that sounds like a pain in the a$$.

 
At 22 October, 2008, Blogger fiwa said...

I like memes - when other people do them. I always learn something about you.

So #3 on the first one... does your mom know about and/or read your blog? I know Hoop does.

I love mango. Have you ever tried dried mango? I'm not much on dried fruits, but dried mango is really good.

 
At 22 October, 2008, Blogger Janet said...

hahaha 15 ten years ago, too funny :-)

love the unicorn conversation!

 
At 22 October, 2008, Blogger Tawcan said...

Thanks for responding to my tag. :D

On average you take 3 pics a day? That's not too bad. ;)

 
At 22 October, 2008, Blogger Chris said...

I'm getting Hoop a hearing aid for a wedding present.

 
At 22 October, 2008, Blogger Jay said...

I still hide things I did last week from people. LOL

Pushing Daisies is the best show on network TV! They better pick it up for the full season.

 
At 22 October, 2008, Blogger Me said...

Quit working for awhile and travel.

You mean to say you'd go back to work? No early retirement? Wow.

 
At 22 October, 2008, Blogger Gin said...

Love your meme answers. I feel I know you better now. And you are so cool, it's nice to know you better.

I never tag anyone with meme's. I don't mind doing them myself, but don't like to impose them on anyone else.

 
At 22 October, 2008, Blogger the planet of janet said...

i love unicorns!

 
At 22 October, 2008, Blogger mrspao said...

Can we hear your British accent, please, please, please?

 
At 22 October, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mangoes, yum! (esp. dried mangoes)
What is pocky???
Doesn't everyone sleep in class? I don't really know - I was asleep.

And thanks to furiousball, I now am imagining playing ring toss with a unicorn and some donuts...

 
At 22 October, 2008, Blogger Woman in a Window said...

Do unicorns wear uniforms and speak in British accents? If so I'm breakin the law!

You.are.only.25.
Killing myself now...

 
At 23 October, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl, I loves me some Hoop & Tink conversations. You guys crack me up! Also loved the "honking the horn" comment from above. NICE.
Those memes are fun to read...every now and then. If I can't think of anything to write in the near future I will snatch those up and let you know when I post them. So, probaby within the week. ;)
Special note:
Today's word verification is "subbleg" not to be confused with "overleg" nor with my "stubbly legs". Yikes.

 
At 23 October, 2008, Blogger Reb said...

Maybe unicorns only pull over virgins? That could be why there is never a cop around when you need one? ;)

 
At 23 October, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Novelty knife salesman? what? are they joke knives or were you pretending to sell them - the mind boggles!!

Gotta love the Hoop conversations though! Freeze, its the Unicorns! lol! we call them Hedlu after a holiday in wales.

Ellie

 
At 23 October, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You lived in Toledo?? I've read your blog for at least 2 years and never knew this. Did you go to HS here? I'm older than you, but I have friends your age that graduated from sylvania. What a small world, huh?

 
At 23 October, 2008, Blogger mamatulip said...

I'm the same way w/ imitation strawberry flavouring. It makes me gag.

What is Pocky?

I love the Hoop convo. It reminds me of Neil Patrick Harris in Harold and Kumar Escape from Guan Bay.

 
At 23 October, 2008, Blogger Gary's third pottery blog said...

CANDIED PECANS yummo!

 
At 23 October, 2008, Blogger Jen said...

The husband and I have "unicorn" conversations on a daily basis. For serious. Why? Cause I'm crap at hearing and often confuse with what he said with what I think he said.

Hoop - not that you have bad hearing, but - I feel your pain.

Today's word verification: mouguor (a new creature in Harry Potter?)

 
At 23 October, 2008, Blogger Peggy said...

Unicorn, uniform
balaclava and baklava

These little trips of the tongue are what keep us giggling.

Gosh, ten years ago, I was doing the same shit, only the older kids are gone now and our "baby" is fifteen!

 
At 23 October, 2008, Blogger Just Jiff said...

lol. Too funny. And I hate tagging other people on meme's too.

 
At 23 October, 2008, Blogger Arabella said...

And imitation cherry. Yucky to me.

 
At 23 October, 2008, Blogger jean said...

Try being married to a unicorn. They aren't as fun as you might expect.

And what is Pocky? I don't think I've ever heard of it.

 
At 23 October, 2008, Blogger LL said...

I can't believe it... You really did that? I'm... I... I'm aghast! :P

 
At 24 October, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is what I think about when I think Unicorns.

http://www.shoutfile.com/watch/V2uMumhD/Robot-Chicken-Unicorn-Mayonaise.html

Knot

 
At 24 October, 2008, Blogger captain corky said...

How come on all of my lists from yesterday, today, and tomorrow pot smoking is number 1 too? ;)

 
At 24 October, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't stand fruit flavored anything. Blech...

As for the unicorns, they get you every time.

 
At 24 October, 2008, Blogger Lisa said...

Funniness.

If you are interested: I have bloggy bling for you at my place :)

 
At 01 November, 2008, Blogger HalfAsstic.com said...

1. Thank you and I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I've had company. NO! Not just a lame excuse. Really!
2. Pocky is a fav at this house.
3. "Do all girl at a beer distributor" sounds mildly nasty and made me laugh out loud. Thanks for that!
4. Pushing Daisies is one of my very favorite shows.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home