Cut Loose Like A Deuce
Daily Hoop Conversation:
Hoop: (Singing) Blinded by the light! Cut loose like a douche-
Tink: That is NOT how it goes.
Hoop: Yes it is.
Tink: No, it isn't.
Hoop: (Singing) Cut loose like a douche in the middle of the night!
Tink: Oh my God.
Hoop: It totally makes sense!
1. As usual, Halloween Horror Nights was awesome.
2. But even there, signs of the recession could be seen. Although the lines for some of the haunted houses were still up to an hour wait, the streets were often empty. In past years, Hoop and I would have to elbow viciously through dense crowds just to make our way through the park. This year, there were less drinkers/partiers and more kids/families.
3. I'm not complaining.
4. It's just a little odd that I actually found a perk to this mess.
5. The theme this year was twisted fairy tales. There was a burned Jack-Be-Nimble, a demented Alice from Wonderland, Bo Peep and her found (dead) sheep, and the Pied Piper with a rat in his pie-hole... just to name a few.
6. Not to mention whichever character it was who did a scare-by on me. I had just looked away to check out Jack; when I turned back, I landed nose to nose with someone. That someone promptly screamed in my face and then fled.
7. The only thing I can remember, before closing my eyes and dropping to the ground in a crouch, was hot breath on my face. Oh, and Hoop laughing like a madman.
8. Each year, HHN hosts a new "Bill and Ted Adventure Show". It usually revolves around popular music and characters from throughout the year. Last year's guest list included a bald Britney Spears and an incoherent Lindsay Lohan. This year's theme was more political.
9. Well, if you can consider seeing McCain (or an actor that looks nothing like him) shaking his ass political.
9. On a side note, if the crowd's response was any indication, McCain isn't doing so hot. Let us all pause for my happy dance.
So, how was your weekend?