Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Sleep Talking

((Good God, it's "Hoop Day." I'm going to have to go into Detox after this... Possibly write a post about pussy and make-up. Not in reference to each other I should hope.))

It's a proven fact that Hoop likes to talk in his sleep. It's also well known that I like to answer people in mine. You can imagine what this means. We're probably having full on conversations with each other at night that neither of us remember. Every once in awhile though, I'll catch him in the middle of his or he'll catch me in the middle of mine. And on the really rare occassions, we'll catch each other at the same time.

I vaguely remember waking up to Hoop chatting away in his sleep last night. What I don't remember is answering him. According to Hoop I rolled over and said (without opening my eyes once)...

"Baby. I love you to death, you know that. But it's three in the morning. SHUT UP!"

He was still half asleep, but awake enough to start laughing and look at the clock. He says the last thing he remembers thinking before falling back asleep was, "It is three o'clock." How the hell do I do that? I'm not that "with it" while I'm awake! It's funny and scary all at the same time.

6 Comments:

At 21 December, 2005, Blogger Brooke said...

Nothing wrong with a Hoop Day. My poor husband has been immortalized on more than one occasion. Worry not...they're secretly thrilled.

 
At 21 December, 2005, Blogger Mignon said...

He's got Hoop Dreams! Is that lame to say? Like people constantly calling me Filet Mignon?

 
At 22 December, 2005, Blogger Robyn said...

I woke up one night to hear my ex talking about putting "cap in their asses with my 9-mil". Good God. I love your blog. Check mine out if you get a chance.

 
At 22 December, 2005, Blogger Tink said...

He didn't sleep walk too right? And did he actually HAVE a 9 mil? I would have been hiding that shit before I went to bed.

 
At 22 December, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a sleep talker too, but I never remember what I say. J tells me about our conversations the next day. It's a good thing I don't keep secrets from him.

 
At 22 December, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott does this too. One night we were cuddling in our sleep and he told me that "we are a scary octopus". :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home