Monday, March 13, 2006

Case Of The "Mondays."

Vehicular Acid Trip: There was an important lesson learned this weekend... Don't transport cement cleaner in the backseat of a Mustang. Did you know that there's really nothing you can do to neutralize acid salt once it's bled into fabric? After dumping a whole box of baking soda on the spill, Hoop and I ran around town looking for something that would save his car. Four people at Walmart told us we were stupid for getting ourselves in this situation. You know you've hit the lowest of lows when WALMART personnel are questioning your intelligence.

Gorror Film: Hoop and I went and saw
The Hills Have Eyes last night, a movie that makes Saw 1 and 2 look like Disney Movies. I like horror films. Unfortunately, they don't make those anymore. What they're making are "Gorror" films, graphic movies meant to shock and disgust you. Some scenes in this movie were so disturbingly realistic, I felt like my brain was hemorrhaging as I watched. I liked it better when technology didn't enable you to recreate someone blowing their own head off with alarming detail. Remember when showing a shadow or the blood splatter was enough to get the point across?

We've hit a turning point in scary movies. The good guys are no longer winning. In the past you could always count on at least one hero escaping. The bad guy was seemingly killed, even if it was to return another day, and order was restored for the moment. The current trend is just as predictable, but not nearly as satisfying. You'll think they're winning up until the last five minutes when they throw in the wrench. The good guys aren't getting out. All the fighting and struggling was in vain. Not to mention, there's probably going to be a sequel.


And of course if there is, I'll be there watching it just to see if it's better than the first. *Groan* The Walmart people were right.

Daily Hoop Conversation:
(While surveying his car)
Hoop: I'm going to try and vacuum out all this baking soda.
Tink: Good luck. What a mess!
Hoop: It looks like we've been carpooling a cocaine dealer with shaky hands.

Daily Hoop Conversation 2:
(Out phone shopping)
Hoop: Look babe, this one has a MP3 player and a camera!
Tink: What do you need those for?
Clerk: It would come in real handy at the gym.
Tink: The GYM? Aha ha ha!
Hoop: ...
Tink: Shit. I mean, great idea!

16 Comments:

At 13 March, 2006, Blogger EE said...

Gorror films.........lol, it's SO true though. Everything you said.

YUCK about Hoop's car. That sucks. I LOL at convo w/ Hoop #1.

 
At 13 March, 2006, Blogger V said...

Eeeck! Sorry about your cocaine car pooling!

And yeah....I too REALLY preferred the subtlety of older horror movies. I don't really need the images they give us now floating around in my head. So, I've given up on them.

 
At 13 March, 2006, Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

Did I miss something in your post about nipple biting/sucking??

I refuse to watch these new "gorror" movies. I do not want those images in my head.

Bummer about the back seat.

 
At 13 March, 2006, Blogger Rock said...

How's the Wellbutrin stuff coming along - I all of a sudden discovered it in my own house this weekend. Does that mean I'll be hooping it up?

 
At 13 March, 2006, Blogger Mary said...

Ugh I don't like gorror films, or horror films for that matter. I Love to read scary books, just not watch scary movies...

that blows about Hoop's car :(

 
At 13 March, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

You nailed it with the "gorror" films. I like suspenseful films, but too often the amount of gore is just...ew. Did you ever see the movie Event Horizon? I went to it with a guy I was dating and we were going out to dinner afterwards. WERE being the key word - I was so sick to my stomach from the movie that I had to go straight home.

Hee hee - Hoop conversation #2. Priceless.

 
At 13 March, 2006, Blogger mamatulip said...

Ack, sorry to hear about Hoop's car, but seriously LOL at y'all being called out by WM employees and the "cocaine carpooling" comment.

Dude I so want to see that movie...we just watched "Hostel", have you seen that? Lots of blood and eyeballs popping out and torture...and boobs. Lotsa perky boobs.

 
At 13 March, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

TB: LOL. I do the same thing! We're gluttons for punishment I guess.

Mamalujo1: The whole sister on the bed scene while the other sister is being blown away with the Mom walking in was just too much. HA! How's that for being nondescript? :)

Rock: I'm only taking it every other day now. Which is probably good for Hoop, since I'm sure he needs the sleep. hehe

Chris: Event Horizon was a seriously disturbing movie. What's worse is that all the movies out now make that one look like child's play.

 
At 13 March, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Mama T: Great... So I can get grossed out AND jealous all in one sitting? :D

 
At 13 March, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

Love the gym comment. So something that would come out of my mouth. Gym... I think there's a gym near me. You mean that treadmill in our spare bedroom is not just a resting place for the cats?? Damn... I knew it was supposed to do something else!!

 
At 13 March, 2006, Blogger Mignon said...

I get the whole "Gym?" comment. I mean, what - he wants to talk on the phone and take pictures at the gym? If I saw a guy at the gym talking and taking pictures I would get really passive aggressive with the Nautilus machines. I would!

 
At 13 March, 2006, Blogger Jess Riley said...

"carpooling a cocaine dealer with shaky hands."

LOL!!!

We almost saw that movie this weekend, but I pulled back when I read the Tomatometer reviews. Still, I'll probably rent it. I do love a good scary movie! :)

 
At 13 March, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

Are you serious?? The current movies are worse than that? Jeez, I'd hurl on the person sitting in front of me (that'd teach them to sit in front of me) for sure.

 
At 13 March, 2006, Blogger Brooke said...

I know...I love horror movies, but even I may stay away from that. Oh, and Hostel.

I really don't know if I could handle the resulting nightmares.

 
At 13 March, 2006, Blogger eric said...

i'm such a wuss when it comes to horror movies. i remember watching "the shining" when i was 8. every hedge i see now i think jack nicholson's going to cut me to pieces.

e+

 
At 19 March, 2006, Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

I cannot do horror shows, I never have been able to handle them. And the gore, I cannot take any of it. I almost walked out of 7 and that was the farthest I go with that stuff. I am a wimp.

The car - that is just too bad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home