Wednesday, March 08, 2006

No One's Home

Filing A Complaint: Excuse me Karma. I seem to have misplaced my mind while you were indulging me with your twisted sense of humor. I know I always wanted an outside view from my cube. But I imagined it would be in the form of a window, not a huge gaping hole in the ceiling. Now the weather forecast is calling for rain and I'm afraid the birds might decide to roost in the shelves.

I know I shouldn't have complained that the office was too quiet, because now I have to wear earplugs to block out the noise. But I was thinking more of a soft rock sound rather than an orchestra of saws. Maybe my order got mixed up in the mail? So I've typed up a formal complaint. The people at the front desk are telling me to deposit it here, in this box marked "Recyclables." I hope you can see to fixing it soon. I really can't work without my mind.

Daily Hoop Conversation:
Hoop: Babe...
Tink: Yeah?
Hoop: I have something important to tell you.
Tink: Oh yeah?
Hoop: Promise that you'll still love me?
Tink: Of course.
Hoop: I'm really from the planet Zorgon.
Tink: That's nice.

Daily Hoop Conversation 2:
(While I'm making dinner)
Hoop: Am I as big as that sausage?
Tink: Why don't you whip it out and we'll compare?
Hoop: No, I'd much rather take your word for it.
Tink: I don't really want to have this conversation.
Hoop: What conversation?
Tink: Comparing sausages to shlongs.
Hoop: Why, are you afraid you'll offend me?
Tink: No, I'm afraid you won't eat dinner.

21 Comments:

At 08 March, 2006, Blogger Mary said...

that blows about work. Not very conducive to a good productive work day....

 
At 08 March, 2006, Blogger V said...

Wow....time to take the rest of the day off!

 
At 08 March, 2006, Blogger Mary said...

did ya make cupcakes?

 
At 08 March, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

Damn, I think that your work environment is unsafe and you should go home to prevent any work injuries from occurring!

Heh, love that second Hoop conversation - and I can TOTALLY see a guy refusing to eat dinner suddenly after too many such comparisons...

 
At 08 March, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Mary, V, and Chris: THANK YOU! That's what I've been screaming. I have the getaway car warming up as we speak.

Mary: I bought cake mix and frosting (Strawberry per Hoop's request) and never made them! I did homework and crashed on the couch instead. Pathetic.

 
At 08 March, 2006, Blogger mamatulip said...

I compared something to sausage last night, but it wasn't as fun as what YOU were comparing to sausage. :)

 
At 08 March, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tink, when I have kids, do you promise that Auntie Tink will come to tell them bedtime stories? You are awesome!

 
At 08 March, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Mama T: Was it in the toilet? LOL

TB: Sure! Although these fractured tales might give them nightmares. I'll have to tone it down a bit. ;)

 
At 08 March, 2006, Blogger Foo said...

There are worse things than construction noise. Trust me.

Now, the rain coming through the roof... that could be a drag.

 
At 08 March, 2006, Blogger Mignon said...

If you're saying Karma did this to you, what did you do to her? The bitch!

This dose of Tink reminds me of a Wes Craven vision of Hoodwinked. And you know what that means... Johnny Depp must be lurking around here somewhere.

 
At 08 March, 2006, Blogger Jess Riley said...

Sorry to hear about the hole in the ceiling! But you and Hoop sure do make me laugh. These conversations are better than any sitcom dialogue on TV.

 
At 08 March, 2006, Blogger Amanda said...

I like the sausage/shlong conversation. Very funny!

 
At 08 March, 2006, Blogger mamatulip said...

LOL, no, but it was in a diaper!!

 
At 08 March, 2006, Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

Hmmm... the whole sausage thing made me hungry!

I think your work needs to give you some free beer for putting up with the noise and hole!

 
At 08 March, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, whatever. I am so jealous, I ALWAYS wanted to date a guy from Zorgon.

 
At 08 March, 2006, Blogger The Queen Mama said...

tink, your Hoop conversations always make me smile. "No, I'm afraid you won't eat dinner." Bwa-ha-haaa!

 
At 09 March, 2006, Blogger Robyn said...

how did that hole get there?

 
At 09 March, 2006, Blogger Robyn said...

oh, be sure to check out the free male strippers on my blog.

 
At 09 March, 2006, Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

I love, love, LOVE, Doses of Tink. I can't get over how you connect all the fairy tales.

Have you ever thought "Book"?

 
At 09 March, 2006, Blogger Foo said...

Around our house, it's brautwurst.

Foo: Hey, baby. Wanna see my brautwurst?
Sweetie: I wouldn't say it's the worst...
Foo: No... I mean, you know, like the German sausage.
Sweetie: I know what you meant.

 
At 10 March, 2006, Blogger Odd Mix said...

Planet Zorgon - is his superhero name Spaceman Spiff?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home