Progress Report: $10.50 saved. 49.5 cigarettes not smoked. My tongue is a little burned out from all the mints, but the cravings are still manageable. Although I'm finding it a little tougher today to convince myself that I'm a nonsmoker and not just a smoker who's not smoking. Mom's doing about as well as I am, although Hoop relapsed a bit and smoked seven yesterday. He's aiming to half that today. Have I mentioned how much this sucks?
Would You Rather?
1. Have your cell phone ring function set on "Airhorn" or "Taser?" Airhorn
2. Laugh only at inappropriate times (funerals etc) or have a color changing nose that declares what mood you're in? Color changing nose
3. Watch a porno with your parents or starring them? With
4. Always hear the thoughts of everyone around you or have everyone around you always hear your thoughts? Always hear my thoughts
5. Have the ability to fly or live for 200 years? Fly
What Big Teeth You Have: Last night Hoop made me watch Ravenous, a movie about cannibalism. He chose to pop it in at dinner, assuring me that all the gory stuff came later. I should have known better. I had just taken a bite of chicken when suddenly the screen was filled with bleeding heads and images of people tearing into bloody slabs of beef. I sat transfixed, the unchewed chicken like a stone in my mouth. Hoop quickly lunged for the remote. "Uh... Maybe we should put this in after dinner?"
Daily Hoop Conversation:
Hoop: What did you think of the movie?
Tink: Really gross. I'll never look at steak the same again.
Hoop: But you liked it didn't you?
Tink: Yeah, it was pretty good.
Hoop: So... You want to go next door and eat the neighbors?