Tuesday, February 07, 2006

My Poison Apple



"Hi ho, Hi ho.
It's out for drugs I go.
Hi ho, Hi ho, Hi ho

I work work work work work work work in a cube the whole day through.
To smoke smoke smoke smoke smoke smoke smoke is what I like to do.

A cancer stick.
Just a quick fix.
If you smoke smoke smoke
And you suck it down quick.
On a break (On a break)
Just a break (Just a break)

I work work work work work work work from early morn to night.
And smoke smoke smoke smoke smoke smoke smoke up everything in sight.

So to the doctors,
I will fly.
A thousand worries,
reasons why.
I don't know what I smoke them for

Hi ho!
Hi ho!
Hi ho! Hi ho! Hi ho!

Hi ho, Hi ho
It's out for drugs I go.
Hi ho, Hi ho, Hi ho"

I have an appointment today to see a doctor about getting on
Wellbutrin. It's normally prescribed for depression, but it's also proven to be quite useful for people trying to quit smoking. Let's hope. I've already found that I'm allergic to the patch. I really don't want to do this cold turkey. I'm afraid I'll fail. Failure is not an option to a control freak like me. So wish me luck. I'm going to get me some drugs!

Doses of Tink: I mentored a group of pre-teens online who fell in love with my nickname "Twisted Tink." They wanted to know where the "twisted" came from. So I began to tell them short stories. Eventually these snippets spun off into something else. If it interests you, I'll post more.

Doses of Tink have been moved to http://twisted-tink.blogspot.com/ as of April 21st 2006.

Daily Hoop Conversation:
Hoop: Maybe I should open a blog called "Mr. Advice."
Tink: Oh yeah?
Hoop: People could post their questions and I'll answer them.
Tink: What kind of questions?
Hoop: Any kind of questions. You could be my first customer.
Tink: Why would I do that? You don't know anything...
Hoop: Hey!
Tink: ...that's why you have me.
Hoop: You realize you just insulted yourself, right?
Tink: No I didn't. I insulted you.
Hoop: No babe, there are two ways to take that statement.
Tink: Oh.
Hoop: Yeah.
Tink: Shit.

Daily Hoop Conversation 2:
Hoop: Can I be a housewife?
Tink: There are two things wrong with that scenario.
Hoop: What?
Tink: You hate cleaning and you can't cook.
Hoop: I could learn.
Tink: Would you be willing to be Mr. Mom too?
Hoop: Sure!
Tink: I don't know.
Hoop: Come on. I'd be your bitch!
Tink: Hold on.
Hoop: What are you doing?
Tink: I need this in writing.

15 Comments:

At 08 February, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

Hope the drugs do the trick without too many side effects.

Love Hoop convo #2. Hee hee.

 
At 08 February, 2006, Blogger Rock said...

Tink - I got my first rant on....

 
At 08 February, 2006, Blogger mamatulip said...

Smart girl. Definitely get that in writing. ;)

Good luck with the Wellburtin -- I was on that for depression in college and it made me terribly sick to my stomach. Hope you don't get stuck with that.

 
At 08 February, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too smoke. I don't know, I want to quit but I enjoy it so darn much. People seem to be very anti-smoking as of late, which I understand, but it makes me feel like a bit of a lepar. Ah well.

 
At 08 February, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Chris and Mama T: They've come out with a new version that's supposed to be ultra gentle. My Mom's been on it for two weeks with no side effects save for a little insomnia. Keep your fingers crossed.

Rock: Awesome!

Amanda B: I really really enjoy them too. That's my problem. I need something that will MAKE me quit. I don't think will power alone will do it, cause I have none. :P

 
At 08 February, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the doctor and the quitting. I know you can do it!

And now I have HiHo stuck in my head on replay. Just what I need for an afternoon sales meeting.

 
At 08 February, 2006, Blogger Odd Mix said...

Wellbutrin is good stuff. Not smoking is excellent! Good for you!

I like the story. Neat twist. I want to know how it turns out - did you off the wendy lady?

And there was at least one more thing wrong with Hoop being a houseWIFE.

 
At 08 February, 2006, Blogger V said...

Tink....is Hoop quiting too?
I smoke (eh hmm....just a little...really....lol!) and its always been really hard for me to quit around him. It really is way too enjoyable...and I love going outside for little breaks with him. Dang, I wish it were healthy.

 
At 08 February, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

Oh, I finally remembered the side-effect I had from Wellbutrin during my brief sojourn... Make sure you keep checking for this one, probably several times a day (I'm sure Hoop will be more than willing to help ya out): I couldn't have an orgasm. Bad news. I was soooo switching to some other medication at that point!

 
At 08 February, 2006, Blogger Peevish said...

I love the Hoop conversations. I've threatened to write down some of the stuff Dave says, but he says he feels stoopid enough already without me broadcasting it over the internet....
Really enjoying your writing!

 
At 08 February, 2006, Blogger Arabella said...

You're a good writer, Tink. Best of luck quitting smoking! A friend of mine took Wellbutrin for the same reason, and she said it really helped her.

 
At 08 February, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

TB: It's better than... "This is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people starting singing it, not knowing what it was, and they continued singing it forever just because!" Bet you don't have the Hi Ho song stuck in your head anymore. ;)

Odd Mix: Aw, the first person to mention it. I'll post another chapter for ya in a day or two. I can't picture Hoop as a houseWIFE either. Maybe a houseBOY... Mmmm. *Growl*

V: Hoop's quitting too. Although he's being all macho about it and going cold turkey. It's going to be Male PMS central at my house.

Chris: Oh fuck, I hope not! It's hard enough for me to "catch one," as Hoop calls it. This is the newest version: Wellbutrin XL 150mg. I'll have no problem trying something else though if this doesn't work. :)

Peevish: Great to have you! Tell Dave it's "endearing" not "stupid." And then run over here and post them for us! hehe

 
At 08 February, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Arabella: Are you close enough to ask her about sexual side effects? LOL. Now I'm scared.

 
At 08 February, 2006, Blogger EE said...

Oh lord, BOTH of you are quitting?! (((you guys)))

GL w/ the Wellburtin. I was on it too for a bit and it nauseated me...but pretty much *everything* makes me nauseaus so that's not saying much.

Seriously, mostly a HUGE GL that you are able to quit!!!

 
At 08 February, 2006, Blogger Amanda said...

I quit smoking with wellbutrin a little over 5 years ago. I highly recommend it. I tried everything else and it was the only thing that worked for me. Good luck with that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home