Thursday, February 02, 2006

Snap my picture!

The other day I received this in the mail:



It didn't actually come with the condoms. Although I wish it had, they're ridiculously overpriced. What exactly would this "special relationship" entail? Is he that desperate for book sales that he's willing to pimp himself out? All I can imagine is Stephen King in an
IT costume, slinging a bucket of pig's blood, and sitting atop a possessed 1958 Plymouth Fury. Not exactly my kind of turn on.
.....................................................................................

I debated whether to post the picture of the neck wound directly or not. After a bit of fiddling with the image, I realized that it wasn't nearly so bad, as long as I didn't zoom it in all the way. Trust me, I'm doing you a favor.



See? Not too gruesome. At least you can't see the rest of the neck and shoulder, just the entry point. You still with us Mignon?

..................................................................

Here's a picture of my two favorite men, my Step-Dad (Papa Bear) and Hoop. They're standing out on Papa Bear's unfinished deck deciding what to do with it next.


..........................................................................

This is me playing shy. I don't like my picture taken before I've had a chance to take a shower.



This is one of the rare occasions where my middle finger didn't make an appearance. It tends to be overactive around cameras and early rising boyfriends.
..........................................................................

Daily Hoop Conversation:
Tink: I got my annual evaluation at work today.
Hoop: Oh? How'd that go?
Tink: Good. I got the same review I got last year, no complaints.
Hoop: Excellent!
Tink: They did request that I make a list of all the things I do in my position though.
Hoop: They don't know?
Tink: Evidently not.
...
Hoop: So what the hell did they evaluate you on?

19 Comments:

At 02 February, 2006, Blogger Mary said...

Thanks for not zooming in on that lovely gash!!

I didn't make it over to post happy birthday yet, so happy 4 days late birthday!!! sounds like you had fun with Hoop and then with girls day :)

 
At 02 February, 2006, Blogger V said...

Hmmmm...astute that Hoop is. Good question. But hey, whatever you do, you're damn good at it!

 
At 02 February, 2006, Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

He put duct tape on that????

Ewwww...gross.

 
At 02 February, 2006, Blogger Arabella said...

Tink, you've got such nice shiny hair, even before you shower!

If Papa Bear and Hoop aren't sure what to do next, I'd suggest hauling out the grill...

 
At 02 February, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Mary: Thanks for the birthday greeting!

V: Now if only I could figure out what I do so I could tell THEM. LOL JK

Gradual Gardener: I know. Eeeee. I'm having empathy pains.

Arabella: I think we were separated at birth, because that's EXACTLY what I suggested. Screw the deck, let's grill. :)

 
At 02 February, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

That's an excellent question from Hoop. What the??? Too funny, though.

The deck picture is classic - "men, pondering."

And heck - I wish I looked that good when I tumbled out of bed!

 
At 02 February, 2006, Blogger mrspao said...

Eew. Nasty gash. Happy belated birthday. Sounds like you had a fun day :)

 
At 02 February, 2006, Blogger mamatulip said...

EW. He put DUCT TAPE on that? I was eating when I scrolled down to that nasty, pus-filled gash. Key word in that sentence is WAS.

 
At 02 February, 2006, Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

The gash is nowhere near as bad as I had expected. Thanks for showing us! Poor guy - his wife needs to give him a pocket pack of butterfly strips.

And your photo is adorable!

My husband has a whole collection of photos of me giving him the finger. Occasionally he threatens to put them all on a disk for my mohter to view. Sadly, she would only find them amusing, not distressing.

I can't wait to grill again!

 
At 02 February, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Chris: You just made me realize, the picture of the guys on the deck need thought bubbles! Blank ones to be accurate. ;)

Mrspao: Thank you! I did have fun, despite having to add a year to my age.

Mama T: LOL. My deepest sympathies. I should have put more space between the disclaimer and the picture.

 
At 02 February, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Mrs. Harridan: We're always commenting at the same time. I think we share a brain wave. Just one, I have so few to spare. Your hubby should make a "Finger" collage. Sometimes I think about manicuring just that nail, since it's the only one people see.

 
At 02 February, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It definitely looks red and irritated from the duct tape.

It's obvious you live in Florida based on how much more tan your skin is than my fishbelly white midwestern self. And I'm jealous that you don't get bedhead.

Just make sure when you tell them what you do, you don't tell them everything... since you already got a good review for this year. That way next year you can add a bunch of stuff that you've already been doing all along and then tell them you want a raise.

 
At 02 February, 2006, Blogger EE said...

LOL at Hoop. Still working on your list? ;) LOL

Ummm, ewwwwwwwwwww to the gash! I still can't get over the whole "duct tape" thing. Huh.

 
At 02 February, 2006, Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

Do you think Stephen King was responsible for the neck wound? It looks like something out of one of his novels. Maybe Gas Station Guy also received a postcard offering a "special relationship"...

 
At 02 February, 2006, Blogger John said...

Beef up what you die. AKA lie. Then that way, you have more bargaining power for a raise!

 
At 02 February, 2006, Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

Hmmmm, Papa Bear in his jeans made the "My Humps" song start playing in my head.

 
At 02 February, 2006, Blogger The Queen Mama said...

Awww...you're so cute when you're being coy with the camera. OMG, your skin! I think I remember when my skin looked that pretty. *pout*

What DO you do, by the way?

 
At 02 February, 2006, Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

I am speechless over the wound, I asked for it didn't I?

I hate having my picture take, it does not matter if it is pre or post shower.

So, what did they evaluate you on? Gah, bosses, at least they were nice.

Papa Bear has some shoulders - um, sorry, I don't know where that came from...

 
At 03 February, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

TB: That picture is deceiving. I'm so white I'm clear. When I used to visit family up north, they'd joke that I was lying about living in Florida.

EE: Here's my list...
1. Holds up left wall all day.

That's pretty important stuff! Actually, I made a 2 page list of things that give me a headache just to read. On top of that, I'm backup for four other people. I feel like Superwoman on crack some days.

Wordgirl: Evidently a bolt gun.

Gradual Gardener: I think you're on to something! I'm officially putting you on the case.

John: I sincerely hope you meant "do." hehe Thanks for the advice.

Debbie: LOL! We actually got him to sing that song on a dare. He'd never admit to it though.

Queen Mama: I work at a beer distributorship.

Ditsy: Papa Bear is a retired Navy Seal. He's a big fella. Totally intimidates Hoop. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home