Friday, March 24, 2006

Smenita Hell

Word verification malfunctions? Kind of annoying. Running "Smenita" through Google? Worth the chuckle. What you get is a slew of people bitching about how Blogger dropped the ball yesterday. It reminds me a little of the Nipplegate Scandal during Super Bowl XXXVIII. The people who thought it was kind of funny are looking at the people who are pissed off like, "Lighten the fuck up and have a Daiquiri."

So of course there's a
Smenita Blog now. Like you didn't know that was coming. It even has Smenita poems. I'm thinking this guy is an ambulance chaser in real life. After scrolling through the other blogs that Google pulled, I've chosen five of my favorite "Smenita" comments for your enjoyment:

1. Sounds rather exotic don't ya think?
2. Smenita can eat it.
3. I have decided when things go wrong, instead of saying SHIT I'm gonna break out with Smenita!
4. ...and instead of Green Kryptonite his weakness would be Smenita.
5. Have a Smenita day!

Hoop Is Grounded: Hoop and I went to a cookout last night at our next door neighbors' house. There were hellion kids, gripes about work, redneck jokes, beer drinking, drunk grilling, burnt chicken that was raw in the middle and a strange medley of deserts. Just the kind of misadventure that I like. It would have gone on splendidly too, had Hoop not gotten sloshed off his ass. Hoop on beer or liquor is an entertaining site. Hoop on
B2E is a DISASTER. It must be the added caffeine that makes him talk like an ADD kid on crack. Only he's drunk, so half the words that are pouring out of his mouth don't even make any sense. I kept yelling at him to "Shut up already!" and he kept repeating the same strings of babble over and over again. It's nights like those that I pray for the morning... And sobriety.

Daily Hoop Conversation:
Hoop: Do you guys want some Flan for dessert?
Neighbor: What's Flan?
Tink: I think it's Spanish. It's custard and caramelized sugar.
Hoop: It's what RICH people eat... Tink just has the recipe.

Daily Hoop Conversation 2:
Tink: Hoop, we have to go soon.
Hoop: Why?
Tink: We have to go pick up some paper before the store closes.
Hoop: We need sour cream too.
Tink: Paper and sour cream, got it.
Neighbor: Paper and sour cream?! That's not going to taste very good.

Have a great weekend!

19 Comments:

At 24 March, 2006, Blogger mamatulip said...

A Smenita blog? My goodness, people have a lot of time on their hands.

Good god, that B2E stuff looks positively...horrid. Sounds like the results from drinking it aren't so great either, LOL.

 
At 24 March, 2006, Blogger Foo said...

I kept thinking Smenita was the name of the sister that guy with the gold tooth tried to sell me in Tijuana, but I'm sure that can't be right.

I've never been to Spain.

(Take that, you misguided prisoners of linear thought.)

 
At 24 March, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

Yowza, if that B2E is anything like having one of those stupid Red Bull Kamikazes... I swear I was hallucinating and speaking in tongues the single time I had one. I bet Hoop feels a mite poorly this morning. :)

Heh, "smenita" reminds me of another, rather unpleasant word that I won't type here to save you the scary google hits... ;)

 
At 24 March, 2006, Blogger Arabella said...

Chris, I thought of that, too!

 
At 24 March, 2006, Blogger Mary said...

Wow entertaining eveing--on a work night too!

smenita. nice.

 
At 24 March, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

B2E? I guess it was only a matter of time. How many of those can you drink before your head explodes? Of course the answer is... Smenita.

 
At 24 March, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my God, beer with caffiene in it?

*cue the singing angels*

 
At 24 March, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Foo: Was this in a dream or a nightmare?

Chris: Hoop feels (and deserves to feel) horrible. Fortunately he DID apologize for annoying the crap out of my last night. :)

Amanda: It's really not that great. *Cue the angels barfing*

 
At 24 March, 2006, Blogger EE said...

Smenita........SNORT!

That b2E stuff looks icky. I *love* Red Bull and Rasberry Vodka, the whole caffiene pumped w/ yummy Razz......it's gooooooooood. ;)

 
At 24 March, 2006, Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

I've had Red Bull mixed with something at a party....can't remember what it was. Smenita! I hate it when I am so drunk I can't remember what I drank!!

 
At 25 March, 2006, Blogger Rock said...

Okay I have no idea what Smenita is - can someone fill me in - and Tink what are your Doses of Tink? Yours?

 
At 26 March, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

I hear you on the drunk thing. On beer my husband is hilarious, but give him some liquer and watch out. He becomes one of the mean kids on the play ground. On nights like that I just shut up and hope he passes out early.

 
At 26 March, 2006, Blogger Brooke said...

Wow...the things I'm missing out on by not drinking.

 
At 26 March, 2006, Blogger David Ker said...

Tink,

Thanks for the link. Smenita is only as serious as you are.

L

 
At 27 March, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the first I've heard of the 'smenita' phenomenon.

No doubt there will soon be a song and a dance, a la 'macarena' soon.

I already can't stop saying it - "Smenita smenita smenita!"

 
At 27 March, 2006, Blogger Robyn said...

Oh how I've missed you! I've been working my ass off and haven't even had a chance to read your dailies.

What the hell is Smenita? I must have missed it while I was being productive.

 
At 27 March, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

EE: Mmmm. That's MY kind of drink.

Rock: Yup, originals. It's my ongoing twisted fairy tale. Someday I'm going to give my kids nightmares.

Lingamish: Ahahaha. Why do I feel like I was "caught?"

 
At 27 March, 2006, Blogger ma content said...

I read the word smenita, and all I could think of was that it would require the use of some vaginal medication.

 
At 09 February, 2012, Anonymous Anonymous said...

RAGESS- GESSIS- SMENITA- B2E.
UK..The Queen...she's responsible for THIERRY DASSAULT'S , - NEW VIOLENCE?
And she's the BEE.
That BUSY BEE for SYRIA and SYLOPA?
She 's with the STEM and EDWARD MEESE with HOSYMCA ?
JAGGER- CROW- MUSSEC- MUSECO?
PIA- COMIA
GERRIZZO?
This is what you call " PICKLED BEEF"?
RIZAFF?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home