Thursday, May 04, 2006

Smorgasbord

5 Minutes Of Random Thoughts:
Start. Why is it taboo for me to talk about politics in the office, but OK for my male co-worker to sing a song about Dildos to the tune of the "Slinky" theme song? Why is it taboo for me to be (discreetly) with a co-worker (Hoop, duh), but OK for one of my bosses to tell me I better, "start popping kids out soon." This is also the man who eats fast food for two weeks while his wife is away because he can't work the oven. Not to mention the time he blatantly told me and another co-worker that our receptionist "acts smarter than she looks." I feel like I'm tattling. No seriously, there's a point in here somewhere. Ah, got it. The point is, a lot of people are STUPID. Was that it? No, but that's true too. The point is, I'm glad I don't own a gun... Or a ballbat. That's wasn't it either. Anyway. I'm running on ten hours of sleep, which strangely is like running on four. WHY is that?! Does it go backwards after seven? And all I can think is, "Screw it." It's on repeat in my head. No body better tap me cause I just might end up screaming it. So, how are you? End.

You're Getting Sleepy: Last night I had a dream that my Mom trained her cat to guard the front door of her house. If anyone tried to enter or leave in between the hours of eleven pm to six am the cat would go into a series of meows that oddly sounded like a security alarm. This worked so well that she bought a parrot to do the same for the back door. Unfortunately they weren't trained to alert her of hurricanes and her house was swept away, cat and parrot and all.

Start Your Engines:
Odd Mix has started an excellent weekend photo contest that I know a lot of you will be interested in. *Cough* TeebsChrisMsJayMrsPao *Cough* Dust off those cameras folks and get creative. I'm off to wrestle Hoop's digital away from him.

Funnies: Did you hear? They're now making cars with a new and improved gas gage. It looks like this:

Someday, if Hoop and I ever get married:


DOT:
Twisted Tink has been updated with a new chapter. It's called "Six Angry Dwarves." Mosey on over there when you get a chance and let me know what you think.

9 Comments:

At 04 May, 2006, Blogger Odd Mix said...

Woohoo! Good one on ToT. And thanks for the plug.

I think your first two not-the-points were very much points. If you ever get fed up with that place you could make a real case for harasment.

 
At 04 May, 2006, Blogger Andrew Fletcher said...

Your first point is correct "lots of people ARE stupid"! One night around new year's I said something to the effect that 75% of the world was stupid. I got quite a bit of flak for it. I'm glad someone out there agrees with me. :)

 
At 04 May, 2006, Blogger EE said...

Your five minutes of random thoughts are always funny. LOL

Love the gas gauge.

 
At 04 May, 2006, Blogger mamatulip said...

I hate it when people tell others to start breeding. I do the opposite. This weekend, when Dave carried my screaming daughter home because she'd ran off on us, I told the two teenage girls who were rollerblading by with their mouths wide open to use condoms. I was serious.

 
At 04 May, 2006, Blogger Mignon said...

What's a ballbat?

Why does too much sleep make me feel like I'm detoxing?

By the way, in addition to thoroughly enjoying DoT, I love the pictures and the formatting of your site. Nice job!

 
At 04 May, 2006, Blogger Peevish said...

You are so right. Some people ARE stupid.

At my wedding reception my grandmother said (and I quote) "Hurry up before I shuffle off!" Fortunately since then one of my cousins has had kids so she's a great grandmother and the pressure is off.

 
At 04 May, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

Oh, Odd Mix's challenge sounds very interesting! Except right now I'm feeling behind and overwhelmed...

Your 5 minutes of random thoughts are always so funny! How come there's never "damn, did I misstype that word?" in there? ;)

 
At 05 May, 2006, Blogger Foo said...

I totally disagree with fa. I think it's closer to 85%.

 
At 05 May, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL
Love the gas gage. I'll have to replace mine. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home