Monday, July 09, 2007

Brain Kegels

Weekend Recap:
1. What to say to the woman you love:
Hoop: I think you're going to be a good-looking older woman someday.
2. What not to say:
Hoop: I don't think you'll ever be as skinny as your Mom though.
3. Men are so stupid.
4. Friday night, Hoop and I took his brother (Tech) out for some drinks on the town.
5. The evening started off late, due to a miscommunication about where we were supposed to meet.
6. Tech's eight year old daughter, Mal, had met us at the door of Hoop's Mom's house. "What are you doing here? Dad said he was meeting you down town."
7. So we walked and we searched. Then we stopped for a drink. Then we walked and searched some more.
8. Finally, Hoop got wise and called the house. Apparently, Tech had been chilling over there the entire time.
9. So Hoop and I discussed how we were going to get back at Mal while waiting for Tech to show.
10. Fortunately for her, we couldn't agree on a swirly or a noogie-wedgie combo.
11. I'm kidding. I wouldn't harm an eight year old!
12. But hypothetically, which do you think would be worse?
13. Friday morning, because I took the day off, I went to my parents' house to celebrate Lil Bit's birthday.
14. Yes, I know I'm doing this all out of order. Think of it as kegels for your brain.
15. Mom and I took Lil Bit, Big Bit, and two of their friends to see
"Transformers."
16. REVIEW: The computer animation alone makes this movie worth seeing. The actors/acting was good. The plot wasn't too cheesy. The producers took a theme that used to be for kids and Pop Culture rejects like me and brought it forward to the 21st century. The only negative I found was that the filming style got a little jerky during battle scenes. At one point my Mom and I had to look away because we couldn't follow what was going on without straining our eyeballs. I gave it two thumbs up. I hope they do a sequel.
17. Sunday afternoon, Hoop and Papa Bear went to see "Transformers." They were the only two in the family that hadn't seen it yet. So it made sense that they would go to see it together.
18. That didn't stop us from heckling them though.
19. As Papa Bear was leaving the house Lil Bit called out, "Have fun on your date!"
20. When Hoop got home:
Tink: Did you two... sit together?
Hoop: No. We sat at opposite ends of the theater.
Tink: Really?
Hoop: No.
Tink: Was there a seat between you?
Hoop: *Glare*
Tink: I'm just asking!
21. Eh, it's good for them.
22. Last night Hoop and I watched,
"The Illusionist."
23. REVIEW: Even though the movie was predictable, we enjoyed watching it unfold. The imagery was beautiful in it's simplicity, with effects that weren't too complicated or overdone. Even though it was released as a competing film for "The Prestige," it was a completely different kind of film altogether. Less dark and more hopeful. I adored the actress who played young Sophie and have always been a fan of Edward Norton. Hoop and I give this movie one to one and a half thumbs up.
24. Hm. Maybe I should start using stars instead.

Hoop Quote of The Day:
"Is that paint, or were you screwing elephants while I was away?"

How was your weekend?

Labels: ,

27 Comments:

At 09 July, 2007, Blogger Alex said...

I watched the Illusionist last week, and loved it. Did not realize it was a newer movie. I'm dense like that.

Also, posted my Golden Spork award on my blog. Am touched beyond words.

 
At 09 July, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not really a big movie fan, but I *loved* the transformers. Way cool!

I vote for the wedgie/nuggie combo.

 
At 09 July, 2007, Blogger Chris said...

My spork is up, too!! :D

Um, what the heck does that Hoop quote MEAN?

 
At 09 July, 2007, Blogger Jay said...

My blog has also been sporked. And it felt good too.

Swirly, definitely go with the swirly.

I'm surprised Hoop could save that skinny remark. He could have gone with "which is good cause really skinny women are yukky!" or something like that.

 
At 09 July, 2007, Blogger Newt said...

Alright, I'm showing my age here but what is a swirly?

My spork is up. It's AWESOME. I love the new look for the award.

I like your movie reviews. And um, why wouldn't you use sporks? As opposed to stars? Just a thought. Or maybe Two Sporks UP - or Two Sporks Down?

 
At 09 July, 2007, Blogger Chelle Y. said...

I had almost the same review as you on the Transformers.

I also liked The Illusionist, but liked The Prestige better because I love Christian Bale! :)

I am still trying to figure out what a Spork it. Haha1

 
At 09 July, 2007, Blogger Lynnea said...

k, I don't know what a swirly is either...

but wedgie/noogie combos are pretty mean revenge, you could definitely go with that. oh and, she earned it.

 
At 09 July, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why not go with the whole spork thing? Two sproks up, two down, so on and so on. No?

By the way, the island is 22 acres and has been in the family for years. It's kind of cool to have an island, but alot of work! If I were to own an island, I would want it to be farther south. Yeah?

You feeling better of late? You seem cool, but blogs can be deceiving. ;)

 
At 09 July, 2007, Blogger J said...

See, a swirly gets its name from the way the water in a toilet bowl "swirls" when flushed. Add someone's head during said flushing, and, well, you get the picture. Much worse than a noogie or a wedgie, in my book.

 
At 09 July, 2007, Blogger Tink said...

Alex: It's not new. I think it came out in 2006. But we just got around to watching it. Enjoy the spork, girl. You deserve it!

Chris: I have no idea. I was too afraid to ask. *Snort*

Jay: I think you need to host a class on this Jay. Because there are WAY too many guys who say stupid things and don't know how to recover from them. Like the ex who made me a meat and cheese sandwich, without the bread, because it was "less fattening."

Newt: Would that be spork overkill? A swirly is when you dunk someone's head into the toilet and then flush. Fortunately, I never had to experience that form of torture. But I hear it's not very pleasant. :)

Chelle: *Gasp* You don't know what a spork is? You poor deprived woman. A spork is a combination spoon and fork, probably one of the best inventions ever made. Hehe.

 
At 09 July, 2007, Blogger Tink said...

BG: 22 acres would be a lot to maintain. But man, wouldn't that be a cool conversation starter? "I own an island." "You don't say!" I feel better than I have. Things seem to be evening out a bit. How are you?

J: Well said!

 
At 09 July, 2007, Blogger mamatulip said...

OMG.

Best. Hoop. Quote. EVER!

 
At 09 July, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brain kegels-that thought both makes me laugh and makes me feel a little funny in my pants ;o)

Jeff's dying to see Transformers and I've been hearing all about the transformer toys he had as a kid for weeks.

 
At 09 July, 2007, Blogger Kell said...

Transformers were a little after my time but the movie still looks awesome. May have to check that out.

My spork is up! Thank you for the beautiful graphic. It really livens up my blog.

 
At 10 July, 2007, Blogger Tawcan said...

I really liked Transformers. Totally brought back my childhood memories watching the movie.

Hehe nice heckling between Hoop and you.

 
At 10 July, 2007, Blogger Molly said...

This is a full-service blog, two movie reviews in one entry, in addition to the quote of the day, a weekend recap, not to mention a great title.

 
At 10 July, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to say "tickled pink" today in a conversation, and I said "pickled tink" ! You must be on my mind girl!

 
At 10 July, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I the only person in the Western World who has seen neither "The Illusionist" or "The Prestige"? I'm so behind!

 
At 10 July, 2007, Blogger Jen said...

Tink: As usual, all ya'll always make me laugh (out loud even) and that's never a bad thing!

Swirly's, noogie-wedgie's and spork awards. Nice! I hope to getting around to reading each of your winners blogs, but I'm waaaa-ay behind on Twisted Tink as it is.

Have you ever thought about publishing? With a mind like yours . . .

 
At 10 July, 2007, Blogger meno said...

I crack up at the theater when two guys come in and sit with a seat between them. It's such a testosterone move.

 
At 10 July, 2007, Blogger Lucia said...

I think of you. When I leave work. On the 3rd floor of my building. There's a lighting company. And lately. They've had a projection of Tink Erbell. On the floor in the doorway.

 
At 10 July, 2007, Blogger EE said...

Brain kegels...*snort*

I was not all that excited to see Transformers but thought it was an *excellent* movie! Loved it.

:)

 
At 10 July, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Ed Norton although I sometimes dont' like the characters he plays. he's 60/40 the bad guy. But I still like him.

~Jef

 
At 10 July, 2007, Blogger Scottsdale Girl said...

Love Ed Nortn!

Swirly!

I'm on vicodin!

Baye!

 
At 10 July, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tink: Was there a seat between you?
Hoop: *Glare*


You know...eventually even the manliest men get over that. I think...

 
At 10 July, 2007, Blogger furiousBall said...

I enjoyed the Illusionist too. And I plan on going to see The Transformers movie with mah boy this weekend I think.

 
At 11 July, 2007, Blogger Lefty said...

1) I totally don't get the Hoop quote of the day. Maybe that's because of my lack of experience screwing elephants.

2) Yes, men are stupid.

3) Don't use thumbs up or stars, silly. Use sporks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home