Thursday, August 02, 2007

Bye-Bye July

July Hit Statistics:
1. The primary day for hits was Friday.
2. The most popular hour being 4pm.
3. The top referrers were Lefty and Jen.
4. The most used search term was, "probably fraudulent hermaphrodite." Oh-ho! Now they're not so sure.
5. My favorite search term was, "tits vacuumeruumer."
6. The highest hit post (534) was on July 27th, the day of the Second Annual
PB Contest.

31 Quirks For 31 Days:
1. For 24 hours back in December 2005, this blog was named "0cean
peach."
2. That following night, Hoop and I had a conversation that would
change the history of this blog forever.
3. Thus, Pickled Beef was born.
4. "Ocean P3ach" was a name I created when I was twelve, the title to
a future restaurant I had hopes of owning.
5. For years I kept a detailed notebook of recipes and decoration
ideas. I even had a location picked out for my beachy sandwich shop.
6. But as with most childhood dreams, I realized as I matured how
impractical the idea was.
7. How was I going to feed strangers when feeding MYSELF was such a chore?
8. I almost always screw up popular sayings...
9. ...Most of the time because I like how I say them better.
10. I snort when I laugh too hard.
11. I don't believe in conventional "kinky."
12. My idea of spicing things up is pretending to be a sex doll.
13. It's creative, unique, and totally effortless!
14. Who says boys don't like dolls?
15. I hate when people say, "Oh, she was such a beautiful girl!" when looking at younger pictures of older women.
16. I'd rather be remembered as a beautiful older woman instead.
17. So I have a plan. On my 65th birthday, I'm going to have a picture burning party.
18. Of course, that'll be in 2048, so it might be more like a picture deleting party.
19. It just doesn't sound as satisfying.
20. Oh hell. Maybe we'll just burn the computer for fun!
21. I love rain. I love the smell of it, the sound of it. I just wish it wasn't so... wet.
22. I once bought a CD with the "sounds of the Rainforest" on it. Duff was a puppy at the time. I woke up every hour thinking he was peeing on the carpet.
23. I have Duff conditioned to jump out of bed each time my alarm goes off. I say "each time" because it usually goes off two or three before I'm motivated enough to move.
24. Once I'm up, I lift the covers so he can jump back in. I did it for him once as a courtesy. Now he WON'T get back in until I do. The dog is more spoiled than Hoop!
25. I have 28 highlighters in my desk.
26. I have 80-something highlights in my hair.
27. My Mom once died my hair highlighter yellow.
28. I had a car I named Avery because it was highlighter blue.
29. It's a sign!
30. Maybe I should make a movie like "The Number 23." Only, instead of "23" everything equals "highlighter." Oooo. Scary.
31. Incidentally, you CANNOT get 23 out of the word "highlighter," no matter how much you break it down.
32. I've never understood why there are couches in some public bathrooms.
33. Is it for the people waiting? In case you need to take a power nap?
34. I mean, how comfortable do you want to get in there?

Hoop Quote Of The Day:
(After watching "The Number 23")
Oh my God babe. We have two dogs and three remotes. 23. Creepy, huh?

Tink Quote Of The Day:
Look! I can make a hand-bra with one hand!

Labels:

23 Comments:

At 02 August, 2007, Blogger mamatulip said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 02 August, 2007, Blogger geenalyn said...

LMAO at the picture deleting party....definetly would have to set fire to the computer to bring some excitement to the party...

Love the sound and smell of rain too...wish it was less wet :)

sofas in bathrooms....for breastfeeding mothers since people are afraid of seeing a little boob these days it seems.

 
At 02 August, 2007, Blogger Jay said...

You could name the sandwich shop Pickled Beef. No you couldn't.

But, a little beach side sandwich shop would be cool. Especially if you served breakfast too. People love to sit and eat breakfast and stare out at the beach. Well, at least I do.

 
At 02 August, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who do you use for your stats software?

~Jef

 
At 02 August, 2007, Blogger Scottsdale Girl said...

I can't cover one tit with a hand, much less make a bra.

You are my hero.

 
At 02 August, 2007, Blogger Tink said...

Mama T: Hoop was pretty amused too. He kept asking what kind of features his "doll" came with. ;)

Geenalyn: Ah! *Slaps forehead* No kidding about the couches. See? THIS is why I need you around G. In other words, you can never leave me, K?

Jay: Hoop would have to be in charge of breakfast. He makes a mean omelet. Me? My idea of breakfast is a granola bar and coffee. Easy.

Edge: Um... I use statcounter, amazingcounters, and pstats. Ridiculous huh?

SG: You're IMPRESSED by that? I'm a little embarrassed actually. :P

 
At 02 August, 2007, Blogger fiwa said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 02 August, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need to start obsessively clicking to your site again so I can be your top referrer.

How big are your hands?

 
At 02 August, 2007, Blogger geenalyn said...

you are stuck with me like a piece of gum on the bottom of your shoe lol ;)

 
At 02 August, 2007, Blogger Lefty said...

1) I TOTALLY want people to look at old photos of me and comment about how hot I was when I was a young man.

2) What's a hand bra? Anything like a hand jock strap?

 
At 02 August, 2007, Blogger Katie said...

Geenalyn is right about the public couches. And, Fiwa, the only ones I'll use are the ones at Noordstrom's. They actually have a separate room just for nursing moms. It has couches and chairs (nicer than my own at home) and a changing area with a sink. I guess that's why they can charge so much for their stuff.

 
At 02 August, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the smell of the rain and I also wish it wasn't so wet. My plants are sure loving it though.

One time I died my daughters hair fire engine red and then once it was blue. I think it might have even been purple once. Ah, youth.

 
At 02 August, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 02 August, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG. No more Coke slurpees for me. I meant to say Pickled BEEF. Not beach.

Good lord.

 
At 02 August, 2007, Blogger Jen said...

Top referrer? Ummm. . . it's not due to the fact that I am obsessed with your writing. ***whistling*** Nope. Not at all. . . I'll be on my merry way now, back to my Stalkerellaness, er. . . I mean my own business.

I also snort.

A public bathroom couch. Ew. That's disgusting. You know what sprays into the air every time you flush a toilet? Well, I'm not detailing 'cos it's gross and I'm sure you can guess.

 
At 03 August, 2007, Blogger J-Funk said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 03 August, 2007, Blogger Guilty Secret said...

Hi there, I'm new here (found my way over from Lefty) and I just wanted to say hi and I thought this post was seriously cute and funny!

The bit about the blow up doll - brilliant!

 
At 03 August, 2007, Blogger Me said...

You always leave me with the urge to reapply a stat-counter on DoRP.

 
At 03 August, 2007, Blogger Chris said...

*blink blink* Um, yeah, Hoop... Hee!

 
At 03 August, 2007, Blogger captain corky said...

25. I have 28 highlighters in my desk

That's like 5 or 6 packs of highlighters. How many different colors?

July was a great month this year.f

 
At 03 August, 2007, Blogger Newt said...

I only have 5 highligters. But I do have a fuzzy pink flamingo pen. And a fuzzie winnie the pooh pen. Both of them are fuzzie because they are covered in feathers. Hmmmmmm.

 
At 05 August, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love highlighters. The bright neon yellow is my favorite.

Hope your cool, you have fallen off the map a bit!

I have to go highlight something.

 
At 05 August, 2007, Blogger amusing said...

THe couch is so that when the cramps hit you hard and you swoon there's a couch to faint on to....

There ought to be a table with little fold out paper fans too....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home