Monday, October 29, 2007

Monday ≠ Funday

Weekend Recap:
1. Hoop checked the blog last night and was very upset that no millionaires commented.
2. I didn't have the heart to tell him that this blog isn't that popular.
3. Maybe I should adopt Ellen Degeneres' reject dog or something for publicity.
4. Friday night, Hoop and I considered going out. We played around with the idea of going to a movie or the haunted house near my parents' place. "We could carve pumpkins!" I suggested excitedly.
5. We tossed around ideas until we fell asleep on the couch.
6. Eleven o'clock the next morning, Hoop persuaded me to go out for breakfast. I agreed, as long as I could wear my PJs.
7. Had I known the place would be swamped, I might have reconsidered wearing a rumpled Budweiser t-shirt and boxers.
8. Apparently, people go to church on Saturday as well as Sunday in our town. That, or they get dressed up to eat at the pancake house.
9. I'm not sure which prospect scares me more.
10. Saturday evening we went out drinking with Nash, who was in town with his son for the weekend.
11. While using the bathroom at the beach bar we'd decided on, I noticed an odd pair of feet waiting outside the stall. They were in white tights and wearing sparkly red heels.
12. "Isher toilet paper inder?" A very drunk Dorothy asked me as I opened the door. "There's some in this stall, sweetie!" Called out Marilyn Monroe. She was followed in by the Queen of Hearts, who nearly took off my head with her flamingo scepter.
13. "Cute costumes," I said, trying to be friendly. "Ino. I look hot!" Dorothy slurred, staring down at her own cleavage. I tried to step gingerly over the assorted props on my way to the door, but Dorothy's basket got in the way.
14. All three girls squealed as the basket tipped, sending a stuffed animal Toto skidding across the floor. It stopped somewhere beneath the sink, where no cleaning lady has ever gone before. A nice person might have helped retrieve the contaminated pooch.
15. I am not that nice.
16. Sunday morning, Hoop and I came home to ROOFERS!
17. If the rain stops, they should be done by Tuesday.
18. One project down, forty-five more to go.

Tink Quote Of The Day:
"If someone discovered the face of Mary in a pile of dog poo, do you think someone would buy it on Ebay?"

Spam Subjects:
(In the order I received them)
Is your partner happy? He better be!
Satisfy Any Woman It's easier than you think.
She'll beg for more ...chocolate and Johnny Depp movies.
Few Inches Longer? We're talking chocolate bars, right?
Bigger Is Better
Didn't I just confirm that?
Go For a Car Ride Can I stick my head out the window?

Don't forget the WWC tomorrow! I'll also be posting pictures of my new do.

Labels:

22 Comments:

At 29 October, 2007, Blogger Mike Y said...

I'll do what I can. Tell Hoop, I'm trying. ;)

Sorry it's not a fun-day for you. What can I say... it's Monday.

I wanna see 30 Days of Night. I keep getting told that it's not appropriate to bring the kids to it.

 
At 29 October, 2007, Blogger Freakazojd said...

#15 made me laugh right out loud. How do you 2 always have such interesting experiences?! Of course...it would probably help if I got out of the house more. And, you know, did more than feed the babeh and clean up poop. Heh.
Also to answer the quote of the day, yes. And that's sad.
I did WWC already. WOoooooOOOOOoo, look at me, all fast and such. ;)

 
At 29 October, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the weekend recap! That's terrific! Funny about people eating in pancake houses after church. Real Christians would go home and cook, right?!? LOL

I'm trying to pump up for WWC tomorrow. I'm scared I'm not going to make it!! :o

 
At 29 October, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you wash your hands?

Hope for a better Tuesday eh?

 
At 29 October, 2007, Blogger Heather said...

You are SOO much braver than I...venturing into a bar on costume night!! :-)

 
At 29 October, 2007, Blogger Jay said...

When I lived in San Antonio it always amazed me that, despite there being thousands of restaurants in that town, there was ALWAYS a line waiting at IHOP. Morning, noon and night. Very strange.

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOES you contaminated Toto!! LOL

 
At 29 October, 2007, Blogger Nettie said...

Try the Chris Crocker method and start doing your own music videos on utube. Pick your favorite screwed up artist and sing their songs. Then when everyone picks on them, do a huge video crying and carrying on for everyone to leave that person alone. Before you know it, you will be on Jay Leno and given offers to do your own talk show! I think the stripping Tink could very well have you on your way to stardom!

 
At 29 October, 2007, Blogger Jen said...

Sometimes I wonder if Halloween just gives the ladies excuses to dress like sluts? And not everyone should be. . .

Anyhow, I thought you handled yourself in the toilet room with grace.

I hope I can play WWC. ***thinking***

 
At 29 October, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There were dozens--dozens!--of Dorothy's at my son's school Halloween party Friday night. What gives??

 
At 29 October, 2007, Blogger mrspao said...

I wouldn't have been nice either! (We now have a creepy lady at work who keeps on wiping everything with antiseptic wipes!)

 
At 29 October, 2007, Blogger R.E.H. said...

Stuffed animal Toto?

That's just hilarious. Had it been me kicking that out of the basket, I'm afraid I would not help recovering the poor thing either. I'd be too busy laughing my brains out.

Hope to make my entry into the WWC tomorrow as well... still in the blue what kind of pictures to take though.

 
At 29 October, 2007, Blogger Pamer said...

the idea of you in the IHOP in just your PJ's is both hilarious and adorable...i'm picturing big, fuzzy, pink slippers too. Am I close?

 
At 29 October, 2007, Blogger Kell said...

Can't wait to see the new do!

I've got my WWC ready to post. Three weeks in a row! I amaze even myself.

 
At 29 October, 2007, Blogger Newt said...

It was the tumbling stuffed dog that really completed a way too hilarious picture. I can't wait to see the hair!!!!!

 
At 29 October, 2007, Blogger the planet of janet said...

sounds like you definitely weren't in kansas anymore. looking forward to your wwc (one day i'll play) and new hair.

 
At 30 October, 2007, Blogger Chris said...

Why is your life so much more surreal than the average life?! I'm jealous!

 
At 30 October, 2007, Blogger captain corky said...

You mean you and Hoop don't go to church on Saturday... not even to play bingo?

 
At 30 October, 2007, Blogger Gracey said...

I'm sorry I've been so out of touch but OMG, you are engaged!! Congrats, what great news!! That made me smile and I haven't been smiling for some time now!

 
At 30 October, 2007, Blogger CRUSTY MOM-E said...

p.s. Please let your fiance HOOP!! know that I will be passing along his nyquil post to the president of Johnson and Johnson yes they only do baby stuff, but maybe he could be inspired by Hoops post to do something interesting? ... :) ttteehee...
Always,
Crusty~
My boys almost picked out Peter Pan over this weekend to watch on DVD from my encouragement-TINK!!-but I lost to Biggdogg's suggestion of Transformers..DAMN IT!

 
At 30 October, 2007, Blogger Chelle Y. said...

I guess that Dorothy was a far cry from the two, little cute ones I saw at Brendan's Halloween party last night! :)

 
At 30 October, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My WWC is up! I'm scared they won't be interesting :o

 
At 30 October, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I think of omen's restrooms I always think of one word ... hover.

~Jef

 

Post a Comment

<< Home