Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Is It My Birfday?

I stepped out of the shower this morning to a fresh cup of coffee.

Please, let me just bask in that feeling for a moment...

Then, as I was combing my hair, Hoop opened the bathroom door to ask, "Do you wear these panties to work?" "Not usually. Why?" "No reason." Then he was gone again. "Are they too risque?!" I yelled through the wall. He didn't reply, leaving me to wonder over the state of my underwear if Hoop felt the need to step in and intervene. When I came out, there was a complete wardrobe laid out for me. Socks. Pants. Shirt. Panties. Bra.

It looked like a person had melted and left behind their clothes.

"You're so sweet!" I said to Hoop, covering his shoulders in kisses. "What?" He asked innocently. As if to say, "I didn't do anything out of the ordinary." "Now go get dressed before you're late again!" I have a problem with mornings. I don't like them. Even when I'm getting ready for something fun, and not work, I'm going to be late. It's just how I am. And when someone gives me a hard time about it, like my boss, it puts me in a really foul mood.

As I strolled into the office, I noticed a strange lump on my desk. A strange lump that smelled like a ham and egg croissant with a side of iced cinnamon rolls! "I thought you might need a pick-me-up after the meeting last night," the receptionist said. I ran over to hug her and profess my love for all things ham and egg. "You are a saint!" The meeting last night went on until 7. Two hours of my boss droning on and on about shit NO ONE cares about. Especially me, the chick who had to look at said shit for two days while putting it into slide format.

The real kicker of the night wasn't my raging cigarette craving or the hour commute back home, but rather when my boss congratulated the graphics girl for a job well done. We're talking about a person who strolls into work at 10 wearing a skimpy beach dress and flip flops, only to stay two hours before proclaiming, "I'm tired!" and going home. Me, bitter? No way. OK, maybe a little. But I refuse to stoop to her level. Telling the boss "I love you" every day is fucking weird.

Back to today. I hope this good luck and charity thing continues. I could use the break. I'm meeting my Mom for dinner tonight in what could very well be the guilt trip session of the century. I have no idea what I did. But I'm assuming the worst since she picked a crowded location where I can't make a scene. She hasn't answered my calls for three days and well, it feels like that time of year again. If you don't hear from me tomorrow, you'll know my luck didn't continue. In which case Jay and Newt get joint custody of the blog...

Daily Hoop Conversation:
Hoop: I'm going to take a power nap so I can study later.
Tink: OK.
Hoop: Wake me up at 9:30.
(An hour later)
Tink: Bay-be.
Hoop: Wha?
Tink: You told me to wake you up at 9:30.
Hoop: *Mumbles* OK.
(30 minutes later as I'm changing for bed)
Tink: Bay-be.
Hoop: Wha?
Tink: It's 10 o'clock. I tried to wake you up at 9:30.
Hoop: And you did.
Tink: Then why are you still sleeping?
Hoop: Because every time I wake up you have less clothes on.

MOVIE REVIEWS

Eastern Promises-
This BBC film stars Viggo Mortensen (Hidalgo/The Lord Of The Rings), who plays a Russian gangster tied to one of London's most notorious crime families. The plot of the movie revolves around a midwife who stumbles across one of the family's dirtiest secrets when a mysterious girl delivers a baby and then dies. We didn't realize until the movie started that this isn't an American film. I'm so glad that it wasn't! America would have completely ruined this sensational story with special effects and romantic twists. There are a lot of realistic scenes involving murder and dead bodies, so it's not for the faint of heart. One of the most remarkable parts of the movie involved Viggo/Nikolai fighting completely nude. America rarely shows nudity, and when they do it's usually for erotic reasons. I can assure you, there was nothing sexual about this. Overall, Hoop and I thought this movie was extremely well done and realistic feeling. We gave it five out of five sporks.

The Secret Of Roan Inish-
Another non-American film. This one is an Irish Fairy Tale. In order to truly enjoy this movie you must suspend belief for awhile. The actors in this are AMAZING. Especially Jeni Courtney, the little girl who plays Fiona. The story takes place in Ireland (obviously), after a group of people have moved off a secluded island in pursuit of an easier life inland. During the move, a small baby is lost at sea. Fiona, the baby's sister, takes it upon herself to find him, four years later. Although not something I would buy, it was a perfect low-key movie for the night. Even Hoop enjoyed himself. We gave it three out of five sporks.

P.S. To answer everyone's question yesterday, I did not carve the pumpkins. But I wish I had. Because they're too cool to have been done by rednecks. Also, I didn't get another dog. Zoe is one of my Mom's pups, and Jazzi's daughter. She is cute though, huh?

Labels: ,

35 Comments:

At 17 October, 2007, Blogger Lefty said...

There's nothing better than a surprise cup of coffee.

Okay, maybe a surprise beer.

 
At 17 October, 2007, Blogger fiwa said...

ok, that was pretty cool of Hoop. I can't even begin to imagine what kind of outfit my husband would lay out for me... in fact the idea tickles me so much I may have to ask him to do it just to see what he comes up with. I hope your good day luck continues and that your mom isn't holding a grudge over something.

Oh, and I dig Viggo in a big way, I'll have to Netflix that movie.

 
At 17 October, 2007, Blogger Mary said...

I hope you keep having a rockin' day!

 
At 17 October, 2007, Blogger Jay said...

Pretty nice way to start the day. Ham and egg croissant AND a cinnamon roll? I'm so jealous. Now I think I will have to run to McDonald's for breakfast tomorrow! Or is it Burger King? Whatever, I'll go both places. LOL

 
At 17 October, 2007, Blogger Karen said...

Awesome. I happy you are having a great day. (Though I suspect you may have gotten my share of the day's luck as my day is just sucking). Good luck with dinner with Mom.

 
At 17 October, 2007, Blogger Macoosh said...

what a great day! and, what a great boy you've got there. makes me happy to know they're out there somewhere.

i love secret of the roan inish. the myth of the seal-people is a big one in ireland and i've loved it since i was a child. i actually own that movie on dvd b/c i think it's a cool way to get the younger clan members interested in some of their ancestry. speaking of, i'll have to have my cousins watch it...

 
At 17 October, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you get that comment above then I'm too old for this shit.

Bask in the moments!!

As I typed though, I wondered if Hoop and your mom are working together. *gasp* I smell a rat!

*L* Naw, I'm sure it's nothing. You are a very deserving person for it all!!

 
At 17 October, 2007, Blogger Coffespaz said...

Oohhh...surprises like that are just the sweetest!! Yay you!!

Love the Hoop Conversation, that's something my DH would say...too cute! :-)

 
At 17 October, 2007, Blogger Chris said...

*fingers crossed* for the rest of your day!!

I have the soundtrack to Secret of Roan Inish. I actually saw it in the theater, once upon a time - I think it was easier to suspend disbelief and get sucked in when it was on the big screen.

 
At 17 October, 2007, Blogger CRUSTY MOM-E said...

WOW! I'm forwarding this to my bigdogg...that's awesome..

Good luck tonight with the parental unit..they are so good at ordering guilt with the entree...stay clear of it, and don't cave with the smokes..I'm still clear of it..You'll do fine!!

Always,
Crusty~

 
At 17 October, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think if Hoop really loved you he would have laid out your clothes sans bra and panties and said, "You don't need them."

Or you could get me a stripper.

~Jef

 
At 17 October, 2007, Blogger Tink said...

Brodimus: LMAO. What??

Edge: Nope. It's too late. You missed your chance.
...
Wow, that'll get people talking huh?

Crustybeef: Awesome job! I'm so proud of you.

Chris: I was just about to look up the soundtrack. Is it good?

BG: I can pretty much assure you they are NOT working together. But the thought is nice... *Sticks out bottom lip*

Macoosh: Any other great legends to share? I really loved this one.

 
At 17 October, 2007, Blogger Tawcan said...

That's pretty sweet of Hoop. What a great way to start the day eh?

 
At 17 October, 2007, Blogger Christy said...

Wow that was really sweet! I wish I woke up to things like that. No, I wake up at 6am to have to scramble around getting myself ready, my son ready all while my fiance mosies along not helping me at all and then gets a shower even though he doesn't have to leave the house until an hour after me...

Oh and this "Because every time I wake up you have less clothes on." Was just too cute. =o)

 
At 17 October, 2007, Blogger meno said...

Have you seen the movie "Local Hero?"

It has a similar feel to Roan Inish. It's an older move. The music is by Mark Knopfler (sp?)

I hope mom has only good things to tell you.

 
At 17 October, 2007, Blogger Newt said...

Vigo gets naked? I'm ALL OVER that movie. He is so yummy. I sense a matinee tomorrow. Oh yeah........I can sit alone quietly and shamelessly lust from beginning to end.

Jay and I get joint custody, I'm honored. Wow. But, we would prefer for you to carry on darln. I couldn't do this wonderful blog justice.

Love the daily Hoop conversation too. You are too funny.

 
At 17 October, 2007, Blogger Pamer said...

Happy birthday girlie...i hope the rest of your day was superb as well.

 
At 17 October, 2007, Blogger Chelle Y. said...

That conversation with Hoop is so funny!

 
At 17 October, 2007, Blogger Kell said...

What a great day, hope it stayed that way for you. Hoop is quite a catch.

Eastern Promises is on my list. I talked to a lady today who didn't know what she was getting in to when she went to see it, so she told me it was rated X or should have been. *rolls eyes* Makes me want to see it even more.

 
At 17 October, 2007, Blogger Scottsdale Girl said...

Mom + Crowded venue = guilt trip

You learn FAST grasshoppah

LUCK!

 
At 18 October, 2007, Blogger Peggy said...

MAN! Hoop is a great boyfriend!

If those movies ever make it over here, I'll see 'em. I know they're not US movies. Though you've seen them that doesn't mean that they'll get distributed in the UK. It's very frustrating but better than it used to be. When I moved here (gulp) 15 years ago, there was a one year gap between movies showing in the US and then making it over to the UK.

 
At 18 October, 2007, Blogger furiousBall said...

roan inish is a film i need to add to my library list, good call.

 
At 18 October, 2007, Blogger Terri said...

I just love how Hoop does the clothes thing (remember back to the dress & shoes for the work party). Sounds like a keeper!

 
At 18 October, 2007, Blogger Me said...

That Hoop of yours is indeed very sweet.

 
At 18 October, 2007, Blogger the planet of janet said...

wow! hope the day continued to get better. hoop is a treasure for sure.

and good luck with mom.

 
At 18 October, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coffee waiting for me every morning that I didn't have to make is my own personal fantasy.

 
At 18 October, 2007, Blogger Aunt Jackie said...

Wow!! That's fantastic! I love it... so sweet of him. Was it any special day you seemed to have a really good one!

I like the ending conversation there, Hoop was slick!! :)

 
At 18 October, 2007, Blogger mamatulip said...

Good luck with the mom conversation tonight...I hope your good day streak continues. :)

 
At 18 October, 2007, Blogger Freakazojd said...

Viggo + naked = AWESOME.
I loved many things about this post, most of which involved more sweet Tink & Hoop stories - you guys have got it GOIN' ON.
Good luck with your mama - I hope it's not what you think it is.
xo

 
At 18 October, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I'll send you a video of me stripping. If you want to avoid that, you know how to make a video for me.

~Jef

 
At 19 October, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You two are very cute together...at least the version I get to see here on the blog. I am very jealous lol

 
At 19 October, 2007, Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

I thought you quit smoking?

Can't wait to hear about your dinner with mom. My mom is just like that....she is the Queen of Guilt Trips.

 
At 19 October, 2007, Blogger Chris Cactus said...

From the conversation, it's obvious that Hoop is a smart man.

 
At 19 October, 2007, Blogger CRUSTY MOM-E said...

Did you get that nasty storm near the panihandle?
Hope all is well and things went well with the mom-meal. :)
Always,
crusty~

 
At 22 October, 2007, Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

i love hoop, and even though I am a graphics person, i hate her.

hope all is well this monday for you. :hugs:

thanks for the reviews. heard about viggios movie. can't wait to see it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home