This Space For Rent
1. Friday night we went and saw "The Kingdom."
2. REVIEW: This movie is probably the most intense I've ever seen. There were some parts that literally left me shaking. It's extremely graphic. But the plot is well formed and the subject matter is interesting because it hits close to home. Considering how touchy this topic is, they addressed it tastefully. They didn't make it into a shoot-em-up for the sake of having a shoot-em-up. It's not one I would buy though, or even watch again for that matter. But it was definitely worth seeing in the theater. Hoop and I gave this movie four out of five sporks.
3. Saturday afternoon, Hoop and I met up with my family at the local fair. We were particularly excited about this event because they'd advertised a BBQ contest. It was the anticipation of good food that convinced us $17 a head and $5 for parking was worth it.
4. Come to find out, the contest was closed to the public.
5. Then why the hell did they advertise it?!
6. We hadn't eaten all morning in order to make room for the bone sucking ribs that would never be. So we forked out an additional $15 to get lunch at the only crappy booth that offered it.
7. My chicken was so dry I ended up pitching it after a few bites. Hoop grumbled his way through a pork sandwich that looked more like pulled jerky.
8. We decided to make the best out of the situation and check out the rides.
9. The first ride we came across was "The Scrambler." It looked something like this:
10. Only, ours was run by a tractor.
11. The next ride was the "Tilt-A-Whirl." Big Bit and I were the only ones brave enough to get on it.
12. Despite the fact that we could only get the car to revolve a few times, it was fun. Then the ride slowed down and we noticed something unnerving.
Tink: What is that?
Big Bit: I don't know. *Toes it*
Tink: Oh my God! Is that supposed to come off?
13. It was the cap that covered the rod that held the damn car onto the floor!
14. I am NEVER going on another cheap fair ride again.
15. Although of all ways to die, flying off a fair ride would be one of the most memorable.
16. Second to being devoured by man-eating clowns.
17. After the ride we headed for the game booths. The one that held our interest the most gave bunnies and lizards aways as prizes.
18. For a moment I was sucked in by the cuteness. But then I remembered Bunnicula and the spell was broken.
19. Have any of you read that series? It totally freaked me out as a kid. For some reason I didn't catch on that the bunny sucked the life out of VEGETABLES.
20. Saturday night, Hoop and I stayed up until 4am playing our respective video games. His game of choice was "Resistance." Mine? "Fish Tycoon."
21. Can you tell who the freak is in our family?
Not Far From The Tree:
Papa Bear: Our bushes are starting to look good, huh?
Papa Bear: Except for these three. I think they're getting too much sun.
Tink: Yeah... Or it could be the fact that our dog pees on them every time we come over.
Tomorrow: The WWC!