Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Weekly Words Challenge 2!

The words for this week were Urban and Country.

How did you interpret them?

URBAN Sheek


COUNTRY Charm


(Random Week Pictures)

Late Bloomers




Bug Eyes

I look like I have a sideburn on my left side... Or a really hairy ear.

The words for next week are:

Common
and
Rare

If you haven't joined the fun, go
here for the rules.

Weekend Recap:
1. I have been smoke-free for 3 weeks, 3 days, 17 hours, 12 minutes, and 9 seconds! I have not smoked 494 cigarettes and saved myself $92.38.
2. As a reward, I ordered an expensive import techno CD I've been wanting for awhile. It arrived on Monday.
3. Then my stereo ate it. The stereo I got two birthdays ago and only got to play ten times before I had to pack it.
4. So Hoop and I carefully took the stereo apart and slid the CD out, only to find that the CD was too deeply scratched to play. I hadn't even gotten a chance to listen to it yet!
5. Thus,
Shiterella was born.
6. Friday, Hoop and I went and saw
Resident Evil: Extinction.

REVIEW: I've heard a lot of complaints about this movie. "The sound effects were too overpowering." "There's no plot." "It lacks sophistication." Sophistication?! It's a ZOMBIE movie! You're not going to leave the theater thinking, "Wow. That was really profound." There are unliving humans walking around eating people. Period. If you like gore and neat visuals, go check this out. Hoop and I give this movie three out of five sporks.

7. Saturday we laid around doing nothing. At one point in the day I caught the movie
Rockula on TV. But only because I was too lazy to find the remote.

REVIEW: A born-again-virgin vampire tries to reunite with his lady love, who dies each lifetime at the age of 22 by the hand (er, ham bone?) of a pirate with a rhinestone peg leg. As if that weren't weird enough, this movie is a musical. Despite the bizarre plot, the huge 80's hair, and the cheesy songs, I LIKED it. I gave it three out of five sporks. Hoop gives it nothing, since he refused to watch it.

Not Far From The Tree:
Tink: My house is like an old grumpy person that doesn't want to change.
Mom: Maybe it's just sick.
Tink: Maybe.
Mom: It DOES have bugs in it's walls. How do you feel when you have a cold?
Tink: Miserable.
Mom: Do you want anybody messing with you, even if all they're trying to do is make you feel better?
Tink: No. But what do you do about a sick house?
Mom: We should hire you one of those people that talks to houses!
Tink: An exorcist?
Mom: No. One of those house whisperer people.

Labels: , ,

28 Comments:

At 25 September, 2007, Blogger Newt said...

Great pictures! I got mine posted too. I have to see that vampire movie now. And we just bought the DVD set for Resident Evil and it came with a free movie pass so we'll be heading out to see it this weekend. I'm all about a good zombie flick.

 
At 25 September, 2007, Blogger mamatulip said...

I love the picture of the teacup fountain! That's awesome.

 
At 25 September, 2007, Blogger Aunt Jackie said...

Great photos! My submission for this week is complete. I worry of the quality though because I took these photos before I actually got my Nikon... but I couldn't resist showing this one anyways. Hope it is o.k... This is really fun!

Next weeks looks difficult for me to fit into one photo... we'll see!

 
At 25 September, 2007, Blogger Chelle Y. said...

I love the teacup picture too! Nice idea!

Great job about the smoking!

 
At 25 September, 2007, Blogger Jay said...

Great pictures.

Awesome job on the quitting smoking front. You're doing GREAT!

House whisperer? I think those guys on This Old House are all house whisperers. Those guys can fix anything!

And I played too, of course.

 
At 25 September, 2007, Blogger Allison said...

Mine are up. But I'm a little pissed. Your round hay bales are WAY cooler than my plain ol' rectangle ones. I'm moving to Florida. Hmphf! (It IS odd though that we took very similar pictures though. Creepy.)

 
At 25 September, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kudos in quitting smoking. Two "ing" words next to one another can't be correct. Well, good job gf! Keep it up. I'm trying to give up Diet Coke. Sucks. Having to ween myself off slowly, so I don't get a major headache.

I must say, you have quite an eye for photography. I liked the tea cups too.

House whisperer? Oh my! I guess there's a job for everyone.

 
At 25 September, 2007, Blogger Lynnea said...

Dammit I meant to try joining in for this Tuesday fun but time ran away from me. If you see it, give it a knock on the head and send it back.
I love your mom.

 
At 25 September, 2007, Blogger Portia said...

you are hilarious. i love the pictures:) will be back..

 
At 25 September, 2007, Blogger Peggy said...

Well done on the not smoking thing! You've saved SO much money not smoking you can just go buy yourself another copy of that CD. I said so.

If anybody can heal your sick house it is you and the delightful Hoop. Don't let it get to you!

 
At 25 September, 2007, Blogger Betty said...

Maybe you can get that little old lady in Poltergeist to come and "clean" your house for you.

 
At 25 September, 2007, Blogger Lefty said...

I thought the WWC pictures were due TOMORROW! I'm not ready to post today. I think you're trying to confuse me on purpose.

Maybe next week...

And CONGRATULATIONS on continuing to be smoke free.

 
At 25 September, 2007, Blogger Gracey said...

Love the pictures and the one with the cups was great! Very proud of your non-smoking success...that is a lot of money you have saved and plus, your lungs began to heal themselves on the second week so you are on the right track!!! Sorry for the medical fact; I just have to put that in there cuz I've seen a lot of nasty lungs while working in the medical field.

Keep it up, Tink!!

 
At 25 September, 2007, Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

Okay shitarella, i saw a movie called unlucky with no other than ms. lindsey lohan! yea. that was all about a woman making a man's life not shitty.

I love the conversation tidbits. I really need to talk to my family more. :giggles:

 
At 25 September, 2007, Blogger meno said...

I am very happy for you to have quit smoking. But the Cd eating player bites the green burrito. (We say that around my house when something sucks.)

 
At 25 September, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the happy faces in the last picture! I also find the second to the last picture very interesting. Mine are up also.

 
At 25 September, 2007, Blogger Chris Cactus said...

I love the coffee-cup fountain! And the goggles, of course ;-) Hotness.

 
At 25 September, 2007, Blogger Jess Riley said...

Awesome pics! You and Hoop crack me up with your movie antics. Rockula. hahahaha!!!! J and I should go see the new RE movie (we saw the last one in the theater after all).

And how cute are you in your bug eyes goggles!

PS: here's a bad joke. Did you hear they outlawed round bales of hay? Yeah! Turns out the cows weren't getting square meals anymore. Wacka-wacka-wacka!

 
At 25 September, 2007, Blogger Chris said...

That fountain rocks!

I kick your stereo with you and for you. Curses. *kick kick kick*

 
At 25 September, 2007, Blogger Tawcan said...

Love that bug eyes pic!

 
At 26 September, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That fountain SO belongs here in Seattle. We are the Coffee Queens and it rains! See???

I forgot all about WWC. I even knew what I was going to post...I think...

 
At 26 September, 2007, Blogger captain corky said...

Tink, I'm 36 years old and I still eat spaghettio's sometimes. Am I a late bloomer? ;)

Congrats on being smoke free for 3 weeks!!! That's really great!!!

 
At 26 September, 2007, Blogger Christy said...

House whisperer. Ever seen the movie with Michael J. Fox, "Frighteners" I think it was called. Mmm hmm, and the ghosts were in the walls. Oooohh! Spooky. If the walls could talk...then the house would be whispering. I don't know, I'm on cold medicine this morning...

 
At 26 September, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I played!

*thud*

Um... Tink? Hey, wake up! Don't make me get the smelling salts.

 
At 26 September, 2007, Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

I have questions:

1. Do you really take those pictures?
2. Do you really have a hairy ear?
3. Will you reorder the import techno CD?

 
At 26 September, 2007, Blogger Blank said...

Aren't you some cuties? I think you need some Ear Nair. Ear Nads? Anyway, congrats on not smoking. I quit 12 years ago. Believe, you will never, ever regret it.

 
At 26 September, 2007, Blogger Hilary said...

Great photos, Tink! The colours are just amazing. That's what happens when smoke doesn't get in your eyes.. or is that what those goggles are for?

 
At 27 September, 2007, Blogger Tink said...

Lefty: Confusing you is one of my life goals. So can I check it off my list now? ;)

Captain Corky: Nah. I eat spaghettios too. Did I ever tell you about the construction workers who stole a whole case of them from our house? Hoop and I are still pissed off about that.

Furiousball: Thanks, I'm pretty proud of it.

Debbie:
1. Yes
2. No
3. I don't have to. Hoop covered it in toothpaste and then wiped it off and now it works! Weird, huh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home