Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Sayonara September!

September Hit Statistics:
1. The primary day for hits was Tuesday.
2. The most popular hour being 4pm.
3. The top referrers were Jay and Alien.
4. The most used search term was, "acceptable for females to fart and cuss?" Whether it's acceptable or not, you're going to do it.
5. My favorite search terms was, "wireless vibrating underwear." That's one way to put a little wiggle in your walk.
6. The highest hit post (273) was on September 18th, my first day as host of the
WWC.

30 Quirks For 30 Days:
1. I got propositioned by a gay guy today.
2. We started talking while waiting in line for food. Twenty minutes later, the guy was telling me I was beautiful and handing me his business card.
3. I should probably stop you before you go thinking he's a talent scout or something. He was a brick layer.
4. I was so startled, I didn't answer when he said, "I don't know if you have a boyfriend or husband or anything..."
5. Hoop thinks the guy was trying to get in on my hot boyfriend. Cute girl equals cute boyfriend, right?
6. I'd like to believe it's because I'm just that good.
7. The feeling of Tylux, the super soft fabric TY Pluffies are made out of, has the weirdest effect on me. Touching it makes my teeth hurt! Same with hearing someone use sandpaper or the squeak of chalk on a board.
8. I have a rule about toads and frogs in my yard. I'll save the first three that hop in my path. After that, they'll have to fend for themselves with the dogs.
9. When I was in the first grade, my teacher threw a
"Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" themed party.
10. We came in from recess and found little chocolate bars on our desks. Mine was a miniature Mr. Goodbar.
10 1/2. But I didn't care for peanuts, so I swapped mine out for the blind girl's Hershey bar next to me.
11. Turned out my teacher had hidden a golden ticket in one of those candy bars. I'll give you two guesses which one it was in.
12. It wasn't the Mr. Goodbar.
13. As the winner, I got to sit at the teacher's desk all day and do artwork instead of book work.
14. I felt so bad for swindling that poor little blind girl, I didn't color a single page all day.
15. What, you thought I came clean? Pfft. I wasn't that sorry.
16. By the way, click on that link for cool trivia about the movie.
17. I'm obsessed with games that play on genetics, evolution, or artificial intelligence.
18. My first love was a game called "
Creatures."
19. Then there was "
The Sims," followed by "Black and White." My newest addiction is "Fish Tycoon."
20. I don't even care about fish!
21. But the game that I'm most anticipating doesn't come out until next year. It's called "
Spore." Whenever I start talking about it, I turn into a 12 yr. old boy.
22. It's amazing how much of my life I've wasted (and WILL waste) on artificial life.
23. October is my favorite month.
24. Every year I go to great lengths trying to figure out a Halloween costume to wear, only to scrounge last minute through the Walmart reject bins.
25. For five years straight I was fairy, a good one for three and a bad one for two. I had a purple wand that granted nightmares.
26. Then fairies became popular and I wasn't into it anymore.
27. I think it would be much cooler if we were called Bloogers instead of Bloggers.
28. It just rolls off the tongue. Bloogers. Bloooogers. See?
29. We should divide from the rest of the blogosphere. Like, start a civil war or something.
30. It'll be like Emo and Goth. So close that no one can really see the difference, but people will believe us because we're SO insistent that there is one.
31. If I were God, I'd make it rain coffee every morning at 7.
32. I think the world would be a happier place then.

Labels:

21 Comments:

At 04 October, 2007, Blogger Mary said...

I guess I"ll be a blooger. Just makes me think of booger though....

 
At 04 October, 2007, Blogger Tink said...

LOL! I love you Mary. Even though I was only kidding about the Blooger thing.

 
At 04 October, 2007, Blogger fiwa said...

No blooogers for me, thank you. Since I write crap, maybe I'll call myself a crapologer.

Tink, you've bumped up against Second Life, right?

If you can make it rain coffee, I'll name my first born child after you, I swear.

lovins,
f

 
At 04 October, 2007, Blogger Jay said...

I have considered those games like second life and whatever, but I stop myself because it do get into them I'll be up 22 hours a day on them. Trust me, I know from experience I would. It's bad enough just having the internet with all it's blogs, forums and chatrooms.

 
At 04 October, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do what edge?

I would totally love to be a Blooger. I just dug one out of little guys nose less than an hour ago. Oh, wait that's a booger. Same thing. We will all have theme's in shades of green. Secret codes and stuff.The Da Blooger Code.

It rained coffee hear today and now I'm all hopped up. (I originally typed hooped and I laughed for quite some time, in fact I'm still laughing.)

Hi Hoop.

((HUGS)))
I'm off to the Looney Bin!

 
At 04 October, 2007, Blogger Kell said...

Mmmmmmm coffee rain.

Every year I want to have a Halloween party and every year it just doesn't happen. I do have pumpkin carving parties, though.

 
At 04 October, 2007, Blogger Mignon said...

So you swindled the little blind girl, but probably not the teacher. Right?

I just had a similar revelation last year, realizing that a little ruse I engineered may have fooled my 8-year-old boyfriend, but my teacher most definitely knew the real business. And now, 25-plus years later, I finally felt embarrassed. Mrs. Dolan, wherever you are, sorry.

 
At 04 October, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I the only one that worries about getting burnt by hot coffee and the stains that it will make everywhere?? Couldn't a cup, fixed exactly the way I like it just magically appear instead???

 
At 04 October, 2007, Blogger amusing said...

I love coming by here and spending a little time in your brain. It's a fun place.

My search list turned into a little soap opera:
Searcher A: "how to end with a fuck buddy"

Searcher B: "what does it mean 'I'm seeing someone now?'"

 
At 04 October, 2007, Blogger Lefty said...

Coffee rain...mmmmmmmmmm (That's the Homer sound, by the way? How do you spell that, I wonder.)

If I were God, I'd turn cats into kegs of delicious beer.

The problem with The Sims is that you can't shoot anything.

L-Sni OUT!

 
At 04 October, 2007, Blogger Newt said...

I'm a roller coaster tycoon addict and zoo tycoon. On roller coaster tycoon you have to clean up barf. It becomes a major obsession to keep your park barf free.

 
At 04 October, 2007, Blogger Foo said...

I'd like to believe it's because I'm just that good.

Attagirl. Way to straighten him out.

 
At 05 October, 2007, Blogger Spamboy said...

Me and the missus are going as Posh and Becks this year. Gives her an excuse to wear a push-up bra and crazy hair. Gives me an excuse to go out in public with my pushed-up darling.

As for bloogers, it sounds more like it slips off the nose than the tongue.

 
At 05 October, 2007, Blogger Christy said...

Now now, if it rained coffee things could get stinky, sticky and hot really quickly.

And you have 32 quirky day comments...Didn't September only have 30 days?

I'm so confused! ;o)

 
At 05 October, 2007, Blogger Hilary said...

Shhh, Christy, if she had stopped at 30, we'd not have our coffee.

 
At 05 October, 2007, Blogger mamatulip said...

Dude. I am so a Blooger!

I was so confused through this post...I thought you wrote super soft fabric TV Pluffies made your teeth hurt when you touched them. I was like, WTH is a TV Pluffie?!

LOL. I get it now.

 
At 05 October, 2007, Blogger Cat Herder said...

Oompah loompah doopity do!

I hear Gene Wilder absolutely will not discuss that movie. He's stormed out of interviews b/c people have asked him minute questions on Willy Wonka. Which makes *me* wonder what, exactly, happened during filming to make him so sensitive.

 
At 06 October, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I swear, if it wasn't for your goodbye month posts, sometimes I wouldn't even know what month it was!
I hope you and Bag Hand Man are having fun making cupcakes.

 
At 07 October, 2007, Blogger mrspao said...

If you think about it, that blind girl probably didn't want to be singled out as special so you did her a favour by swapping her chocolate bar..... It is hard enough being blind without being singled out...

What sort of cupcakes are you making? Now I want to make cupcakes too and I'm supposed to be studying (gah!)

 
At 09 October, 2007, Blogger Nettie said...

Do you have any idea how many times I have typed Blooger instead of blogger in the address line???? I'm slightly nervous now as I feel that you have some how invaded my brain.

 
At 10 October, 2007, Blogger CRUSTY MOM-E said...

raining coffee,..that's awesome! Can it rain white chocolate mocha's?
Always,
Crusty~
hahah, the wonka one...how funny (nothing against the blind girl or anything..but your guilt was conscious enough..no need to run to the teacher and tattle on yourself. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home