Packing Up The Mistletoe
1. Working for a beer distributor during this time of year sucks.
2. Not only is it the end of the month, but it's the end of the quarter AND the end of the year. Oh, and let's not forget that New Years is coming up too.
3. All week the receptionist and I have been putting on a show for the rest of the staff.
Receptionist: Shoot me.
Tink: Not unless you shoot me first.
Receptionist: How about we shoot each other at the same time.
Tink: Just make sure you aim for the head. I don't want to be a damn paraplegic.
Receptionist: Think they'd still make us work?
4. Friday night Hoop and I watched one of my favorite holiday movies, "Love Actually".
5. That movie always makes me want to have an accent.
5 1/2. A REAL one. Not the fake kind my Mom and I use while bored in lines.
6. Christmas Eve, Hoop and I convened at his Grandmother's house.
7. Because AG's funeral had only been two weeks ago, most of the family that had attended it decided not to come down until the day after Christmas. I thought that was pretty shitty.
8. We made the most of it though. Hoop and I got Red Lobster take-out and then we all munched on the Russian chocolates we'd bought for Hoop's Grandmother.
9. Hoop's new favorite love, besides me he says, are these little Russian cookies.
10. It's probably a good thing they don't list calories or fat content on them. We've almost cleared two pounds!
11. After dinner we drove over to my parents house where Mom, Papa Bear, Lil Bit, Big Bit, Grandma, and Grandpa were making Smores over the fire.
12. This was followed by cookies and pies aplenty.
13. Just the thought of all those sweets makes me want to hurl red and green. I think I've officially OD'd on Christmas feasts.
14. 5 o'clock Christmas morning, the boys woke us up to ask if it was too early to sound the alarm. Even at 13 and 15 they haven't lost the charm of "Santa's come!"
15. For the next few hours we took turns opening presents and exclaiming over each other's goodies.
16. I got an IPod Nano from Hoop, some clothes, a Halloween themed punch bowl, and a wedding band.
17. That's right, I got a wedding band! Mom realized Hoop and I were low on funds, so she went ahead and donated the diamond band to the ring I used to borrow and wear on my right hand.
18. Hoop got an air hockey table. It was too heavy to move out of Papa Bear's truck, so I just wrapped the pushers. The look of confusion and then shock on his face as he realized what they were was PRICELESS.
19. I totally blew my budget on that little beauty. But I thought with all the crap that Hoop has been through this year, he needed something wonderful.
20. One of the highlights of the day was opening my present from Big Bit. He'd taped two glass ornaments to the inside of a shoebox and then placed two butter knives inside. When I shook the box, the ornaments shattered. For a few minutes they had me believing I'd broken something.
21. Next year I'm going to booby-trap ALL their presents!
22. The second highlight was opening my present from Hoop. He'd wrapped the IPod 30-something times. It took me over twenty minutes just to get through the wrapping. By the time I was done, I was laughing/crying so hard I could barely make out what I'd gotten.
23. The third highlight was delivering care packages to all the people working around town. We decided it wasn't enough just to boycott buying things on Christmas, which enables companies to keep their employees working on the holidays. These people deserved to be spoiled too.
24. Grandma says that next year she's going to donate to the cause. So hopefully we'll have double the provisions. I'm thinking of trying to make it an international thing. You guys in?
25. Also, that cute puppy you saw in yesterdays post is NOT ours. She's the dog of the same guy who nearly burned down his apartment with the fireplace. Hoop would kill me if I brought home another "baby".
So what did you all do/get?
Labels: Weekend Recap