Tuesday, March 28, 2006

DoReMeme

When I sat down this morning there was a little blank spot in my head where today's post was supposed to be. "Maybe I'll just post a Meme?" I thought. After all, its OK to be a little self absorbed on a blog. That's kind of the gist of blogs isn't it? Everyone writes about themselves and hopes that someone will answer or be inspired or learn from their experiences. Is that what "Meme" means? I realized I didn't know. I don't even know how to pronounce the word, let alone define it. So I turned to the all knowing Google. All hail Google.

Say What? "Meme" is pronounced "Meem," as in rhymes with "Dream."

What is it? According to
Whatis?com , "A meme is an idea that is passed on from one human generation to another. It's the cultural equivalent of a gene, the basic element of biological inheritance. The term was coined in 1976 by Richard Dawkins in his book The Selfish Gene."

According to this
guy with the hellacious mullet, "In Blogspeak, a meme is an idea that is shared and passed from blog to blog, like a question posted in one blog and answered in many other blogs." Ok, ok. So that was just shameless plugging for the sake of the mullet. But seriously folks. Wouldn't you really love to run at him like Edward Scissorhands? It's 2006 dude, the party's over.

...You think I'm mean don't you? I never claimed to be nice. If you want nice go
here. I can't compete with a six year old blogger.

Original Meme: Answer the first set of questions with words that start with the first letter of your first name. The second set with your middle name. The third set with your last name. The fourth set with the city you were born in. The fifth set with the name of your first pet.

I've never seen...
1. Comets
2. Colorado
3. Cooties
4. Congress

I will never...
1. Eat raw meat
2. Enjoy math
3. Erase what I can write over
4. Email a chainletter

I love the feel of...
1. Corduroy
2. Caterpillar fuzz
3. Cold stones
4. Cuddling

I don't understand...
1. Soap Operas
2. Stilts
3. Space
4. Salad Forks

I wish I could be...
1. Taller
2. Ten Million dollars richer
3. Telepathic
4. Toned

More Hoop Conversations and Doses of Tink tomorrow.

16 Comments:

At 28 March, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

I like to think of memes as mind viruses, spreading from person to person. :)

 
At 28 March, 2006, Blogger mamatulip said...

Wow. And all this time I've been pronouncing it "mem-me."

That's one giant Kentucky Waterfall there...

 
At 28 March, 2006, Blogger Mignon said...

I don't care, I'm going to keep on calling it Me!Me!

And I don't know if this can qualify as a meme, since nobody will ever be able to do it as well as you just did.

You like the feel of cold sores? Are you a Communist? An alien?

 
At 28 March, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Mignon: LMAO! Cold STONES you goob. Not sores. Ewwww. Oh man, I'm going to be laughing about that all day.

Mama T: I never pronounce anything correctly. Or when I do no one else does so I still sound funny. :)

Chris: That's a great way to describe it.

 
At 28 March, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read Mignon's comment and got all confused and grossed out for a second there.
That would be a really fun game to play one day. Go around to all your favorite blogs and intentionally misread/misinterpret in the comments section.
Oooh also, I just thought of another fun thing that I might try to do... a blog scavenger hunt.
Yes, I know I'm a total dork, but at least I don't wishing I could be tuned. What does that even MEAN?

 
At 28 March, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the most awesome mullet I have ever seen. Amen.

 
At 28 March, 2006, Blogger Mignon said...

Oh, shit! Now I'm going to be laughing about that all day too. And the fact that you called me a goob! I am a goob! How did you know???

But really, imagine what I was thinking when I read that you liked the feel of cold sores. I really thought you might be an alien.

teebs, are you mocking me? I distinctly note a sense of mockery in your words. >:l (did I just make up that frowny-straight-faced thing up?)

 
At 28 March, 2006, Blogger Jess Riley said...

LMAO....cold sores. I like cold stores on a hot day, myself.

And may the gods bless you with ten million dollars and telepathic powers for your stance on email chainletters.

 
At 28 March, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

TB: Bwahahaha! It doesn't get any funnier than this. As always... You rock girl.

Amanda B: You should go to his bio/picture page. It shows it in all its (like 3 foot) glory.

Mignon: One goob can always tell another goob. Duh. ;) I may very well STILL be an alien. Which reminds me of an old roommate who had an honest to god phobia of extraterrestrials. Wouldn't that be ironic?

Jess: Yay! Jess blessed me. I'm SO getting super powers now.

 
At 28 March, 2006, Blogger Turtle said...

Damn! I can't do the meme thing. Not appropo on Turtle's Place or Cat Musings. And I don't have enough time to start another, and I'm not witty enough (like Foo). Guess I'll have to console myself with posting comments on yours, Tink, and enjoy all the comments.

You're my idol, gf! Keep on posting, cuz I love it!

 
At 28 March, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mignon, I mock because I love and because I am also a goob, so we are sistahs.

And Tink, Telepathy would be the best power ever. You could probably become a bazilionaire, quit your job and spend all your time learning the art of walking on stilts.

 
At 28 March, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link to the six year old blogger. Who I'm wondering if she is actually six or a twenty five year old man getting his ya yas out posing as one.

Either way, my nine year old has been itching to start a blog, so this will be good for her to see. Thanks.

 
At 28 March, 2006, Blogger EE said...

Oh that was fun to read, lol.

I have always said it "mem-me" too....hmmm...

 
At 29 March, 2006, Blogger mrspao said...

Oh mullet man is hysterical. How do you expect me to read your blog after I've looked at that photo and started laughing so hard that I'm spraying coffee everywhere!

 
At 30 March, 2006, Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

Mullet man: business in the front, party in the rear.

Do you think that 6 year old blogger is for real?? She seems to be better at putting links in her site than I am. I hate that. I just wonder if she really is 6. When she referenced her Kindergarten teacher as the lady who let the kids go crazy or something like that.

 
At 16 March, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe we should all just spell meme meem instead. *smiles

Check out this site it has a gallery of visual memes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home