Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Peak Of The Week

Hump Day. If they're going to make me stand on this hill, they should have left me with a sled.

5 Minutes Of Random Thoughts:
Start. Are Oranges named after their color? Or is orange named after the fruit? And if that were the case wouldn't Bananas be called "Yellow" and Peas called "Green?" Then we'd have no color "Pea Green." It would just be "Green Green." But then "Lime Green" would have to be changed to "Green Green" and no one would be able to tell the difference between "Green Green" and "Green Green." Unless they started giving them numbers. People are going to be like that one day. No one's going to have an actual name. "Good morning 6357248! How's little 948210941?" We'll be barcoded and weeded out for defects like cattle. I'm glad I won't be alive to see it. Unless there's reincarnation. In which case I'm screwed. Although coming back as a animal might be nice. Hoop wants to come back as an Eagle because he's a fucking Barbarian who thinks having talons, a razor sharp beak, and having to hunt for food would be "neat." He doesn't even know how to cook a meal, let alone catch one. I hope he comes back as a bunny rabbit. End.

Daily Hoop Conversation:
Real Estate Agent: How much are you looking to spend?
Tink: In the ballpark of-
Hoop: 3.6 Million dollars.
Tink: *Blink*

Daily Hoop Conversation 2:
Hoop: If you were a Zombie, I wouldn't kill you.
Tink: No?
Hoop: No, I'd keep you chained up in the garage.
Tink: That's funny, because I'd totally kill you.
Hoop: Well, I think that proves that I love you more.
Tink: Or that you're a closet Necrophiliac.

16 Comments:

At 29 March, 2006, Blogger Jay said...

I really can't wait for the day when everyone no longer has names just numbers. Us dyslexics would NEVER get anyone's name right.

 
At 29 March, 2006, Blogger Andrew Fletcher said...

Like Hoop, I've often thought being an eagle would be cool. Then I realized I would probably have to eat liver, spleen, and many other quite unappetizing pieces / parts. But, maybe if you were the king eagle, you could command the filet mignon of your kill and leave the gross parts to your underlings. That might not be so bad.

 
At 29 March, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How much of this story do you have written in advance? Or do you just sit down and write the next installment without knowing what happens next?

You should post it in its entirety once you have it finished, or submit it to one of the online storytelling pages.

 
At 29 March, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Jay: I'm not dyslexic and I would NEVER be able to remember all those numbers. I'd have to refer to everyone as, "Hey you."

FA: See? It's a guy thing. Although I like your stipulation much better.

TB: The story is only written up to the point you guy's read it. I have IDEAS about where I want the story to go, but nothing is solid. It's a lot more fun that way. Although a bit trickier to follow I suppose. :)

 
At 29 March, 2006, Blogger Foo said...

The question of whether you'd kill Zombie Hoop or not is, like, so moot. On account of zombies are already dead.

I don't know what I'd want to come back as, but I do know I wouldn't want to be reincarnated as Sharon Stone's bicycle seat.

I'm just sayin'.

 
At 29 March, 2006, Blogger Arabella said...

I say "are-ange." My husband says "ore-ange." I wonder what our kids will say.

Either way, I really like them.

 
At 29 March, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

Foo: Killing a Zombie makes em deader than dead. Or super dead. Whatever. As long as they're not crawling around going, "Uuuungh."

Arabella: That just means you have to get to them first. :)

 
At 29 March, 2006, Blogger Mignon said...

He loves you more because he'd keep you chained in the garage? I can't put my finger on it, but something about that doesn't seem right...

Arabella, my whole opinion of you has just changed. Completely. Are-ange???? Tink, tell her she's a goob! Please? I love it when you do that!

 
At 29 March, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

Heh, did Hoop revise down the amount you're willing to spend on a house?!

The zombie thing - Whoa. Just Whoa.

 
At 29 March, 2006, Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

Arabella is a goob. It's ORE-ange. My hubby though who is from "back east" says Are-ange. Weirdo Yankees thats what they are!

Tink - you never told us you was filthy rich and all!!

 
At 29 March, 2006, Blogger Tink said...

LOL Debbie threw down the "Goob" card! *Looks at Arabella* Are you going to let her get away with that? ;)

I wish I was rich... When we got back to the car I looked at him and said, "Are you holding out on me?!"

 
At 29 March, 2006, Blogger mamatulip said...

I've always wanted to come back as a cat. The only downside is the hairballs and the whole tongue doubling as a washcloth thing.

 
At 29 March, 2006, Blogger EE said...

Katherine?!??! LMAO...OMG....that just totally made me LOL.

The whole everyone being referred to as numbers cracks me up, and I see it someday sadly.

Ummm, LOL at Hoop and the real estate agent.

 
At 30 March, 2006, Blogger Jess Riley said...

My mom is convinced she was a bunny in a former life. Seriously. She's quite an interesting one. :)

3.6 million dollars. Hehehe!

 
At 30 March, 2006, Blogger Arabella said...

Ladies, don't make me whip your Western/Dixie butts with my huge apple...we eat your kind for breakfast here.

(Mmmmm.....breakfast.)

ARE-ange ARE-ange ARE-ange ARE-ange!

And it's not "chairies" or "mairried," either!

 
At 30 March, 2006, Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

Arabella's making me hungry.

This was the best Doses of Tink yet! More, please!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home