Urgh. Uggg. Mmmm. Coffee. It's one of those Mondays I'd like nothing more than to take the whole pot back to my desk. But that might attract the attention of the other office zombies. I've managed to sneak below radar so far. Why ruin a good thing?
House Hunting, Take Two:
1. Took a tour of the "poop" house from last weekend.
2. Mistakenly declared in front of the owners, "See? It's not so bad on the inside."
3. Agreed with Hoop that even if we HAD liked the house, there was no way we could have bought it now.
4. Got scared when our agent said, "I don't know where I'm going, so you're going to have to be my eyes."
5. Looked at a house that came with a miniature pony.
6. Seriously considered asking for the pony and not the house.
7. Rescued Hoop from certain death with a little old lady driving a beat up Camry.
8. So she was only going three miles an hour... I still rescued him damn it.
9. Walked through a house that had over two hundred shelves and seven walk-in closets.
10. Got glared at by another couple looking at it.
11. Made a point to announce, "This is IT!" It wasn't. But it was fun to see the other couple rushing to their car to call their agent.
12. Had fun bashing other real estate agents to our real estate agent.
13. Heard the words, "Rose like a cake" in reference to cleaning out a septic tank.
14. Almost got in a fight with a Subway sandwich worker.
15. Fell in love with a house on the corner of two streets named after flowers. One flower is used for healing wounds, the other as a deadly poison.
Daily Hoop Conversation:
Hoop: I think the only way to live forever is by passing on your genes.
Tink: Is that the ONLY reason you want kids? Because if that's the case you should just donate sperm and save yourself the trouble.
Hoop: No, that's not the ONLY reason.
Hoop: I never thought of that option though.
Tink: You could have hundreds of little Hoops out there.
Hoop: And they PAY you for it.
Tink: Not to mention the good of the cause.
Hoop: So... You'd be OK with me doing that?
Tink: Pfft. Hell no.
Daily Hoop Conversation 2:
Tink: Did that older waitress just call that younger waitress "Baby?"
Hoop: Yeah. Weird.
Tink: Do you think they're mother and daughter?
Hoop: Working at the same restaurant?
Tink: We are in Hicksville. Maybe it's the family business?
Hoop: We're at CHILIS.
Tink: Name some other restaurants in Hicksville.
Hoop: Oh my God. You're right! There could be three generations here.
Tink: That's the saddest thing I've ever heard.
Daily Hoop Conversation 3:
Gas Station Attendant: What are you guys up to today?
Hoop: We're planning on doing some yard work. Maybe catch a movie... And then we're going to win the Lotto.
Gas Station Attendant: What a coincidence. Me too!