Something Witty Goes Here
1. Over the weekend Hoop and I practiced being vegetables.
2. I'm excited to announce I might have a career in playing a potato...
3. ...if Lay's is ever looking for a mascot.
4. The three main events on Saturday were reading, watching "The Island", and taking pictures of a couch burning.
5. Actually, it exploded first. Then it burned.
6. One of my brother's friend's Dad pulled up just as we were gathering around the blaze.
7. I thought for sure he'd ask what we were doing. He didn't.
8. Which made me realize how desensitized the local rednecks have made everyone.
9. Sunday, Hoop and I went furniture shopping.
10. I kept pointing out comfortable couches with modern designs.
11. Hoop kept pointing out leather chairs that looked like they'd been made from the skin of a 90 year old woman addicted to tanning beds.
Tink: You know what your tastes remind me of?
Hoop: What's that?
Tink: My paternal Grandfather.
Hoop: That's cool.
Tink: *Shrug* If you like being compared to an old, fat Italian who liked to smoke cigars and play slot machines.
12. Houston, we have problems.
13. On the way home we stopped to go grocery shopping.
14. I used to like buying food. Not anymore.
Tink: We're only allowed to have three kids OK?
Hoop: Oh-kay. Why?
Tink: Six people is too fucking many to feed. I can't find anything besides Hamburger Helper in bulk that won't take two hours to cook.
Hoop: I really had my heart set on nine kids. That way we could start our own baseball team!
Tink: Yeah well, UNSET it.
15. Poor Hoop.
16. The house closing has been set to February 8th...
17. ...IF I can find an insurance company that will take me.
18. Apparently most companies won't accept a house if the roof is over 18 years old.
19. They won't accept trampolines either.
20. I wonder if sex swings are on that list?
Courtesy of Odd Mix:
...to spend the afternoon lying on a bleacher.
(Some Random Weekend Pictures)
Up In Smoke
Daily Hoop Conversation:
Hoop: I HATE this traffic!
Tink: I know babe. Not too much longer.
Hoop: I wish I had a device that could freeze time. Then I could whip through and no one could slam on their brakes or cut in front of me.
Tink: But if you had that capability, eventually everyone would have it.
Tink: They could freeze you first. Then you'd get home even later!
Hoop: But that's the beauty of it! When you freeze time, you go to another dimension temporarily. THIS dimension would keep moving.
Tink: Couldn't that dimension be just as crowded as this one though?
Hoop: No, because each second is a different dimension.
Tink: Ohhh. So what if you and another guy hit the button to freeze time at the exact same second, transporting yourselves to the same dimension, and then had a car accident? No one would be around to help you.
Hoop: We wouldn't need help.
Hoop: The impact of traveling faster than the speed of this current dimension would obliterate us.
Tink: I see you have this all worked out.
Hoop: I've had a lot of time to think about it.
P.S. Thanks to all who delurked on Friday's post. You're awesome! You really are.