Friday, December 29, 2006

New Car Year Smell

I tried. I really did.

But I've come to the conclusion that I suck at planning trips. The idea was to surprise Hoop with a hotel room in Daytona for New Years. A place where we could get naked in peace, without having to fake a conversation about ties while we're "doing it" just so no one wonders why we're being so damn quiet. So I hopped on the internet, giddy with the prospect of finding a remote room on the beach within walking distance to the pier and a movie theater. A hour and a half later I realized...

There are way too many fucking hotels in Daytona.

The crap-holes are near the entertainment and the nice hotels aren't on the beach. None are inexpensive, and all but one offers two twins in a smoking room. Beds, not the Doublemint girls. My tired mind is ill equipped for so many choices. So it seems this year is going to end with more of a whimper than a bang. Hoop and I will probably end up in the backseat of my car with a bottle of rum making whooshing noises to simulate the waves. Depending on where we're parked, clothing may or may not be optional. And you know what? I won't be heartbroken. It's fitting.

For all the triumphs this year has brought, it's been a serious pain in my ass too. Realtors. House Selling. Job Hunting. Moving. Next year we'll find a new home, start a new life, and create millions of little moments/memories/adventures to share. I can't wait for the next chapter to begin. I hope Monday morning finds you safe my friends... and not covered in marker penises because you drank too much the night before and fell asleep before anyone else.

GOOD-BYE 2006!

6 Most Memorable Posts:
1.
"Assurance" by Eric (The Great Elsewhere)
2.
"Sometimes The Jokes Write Themselves" by Chris (Rude Cactus)
3.
"Seven Years" by Arabella (Trattoria Breve)
4.
"If Only..." by Mama Tulip (Where Am I Going And Why Am I In This Handbasket?)
5.
"Tales From A Redneck Wedding 1" and "2" by Alien (Planet Alien)
6.
"A Letter From Zambia" by Lucia (Lucia Has Something To Say)

6 Favorite PB Posts:
1.
"Dumpster Diving"
2.
"Poking The Puppy"
3.
"Bums In Love"
4.
"Luke, I Am Your Fodder"
5.
"Where Shit Meets Fan"
6.
"Layers Of The Onion" and "Onion Soup"

6 Shiny New Resolutions:
1. Drink more water. There's water in beer, coffee, and soda right?
2. Be less stressed out. But where would I find that much elephant tranquilizer?
3. Take a vacation. You mean besides from my mind?
4. Stop making resolutions you won't stick to. Good idea!
5.
6.

Have a GREAT weekend/New Year! I'll see you all on Tuesday.

Labels: ,

27 Comments:

At 29 December, 2006, Blogger Newt said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR TINKINATOR!
MAY YOUR 2007 BE FULL OF FUN AND ADVENTURE!

 
At 29 December, 2006, Blogger Jay said...

You guys could always get one of those "ocean sounds" CDs and then use a spary bottle to simulate the "mist" of the ocean.

Happy New Year Tink!!! (and Hoop, and Little Bit and Big Bit and Ma Tink and Nash .. did I forget anybody?)

 
At 29 December, 2006, Blogger meno said...

Happy New Year.

We'll be up celebrating until 8 or 8:30. We are animals.

 
At 29 December, 2006, Blogger Pamer said...

Happy New Year Tink
Remember it doesn't matter where you are on New Year's Eve as long as you're with the one you love....and if that happens to be on a park bench in various states of undress, then so be it.

Cheers

 
At 29 December, 2006, Blogger Mary said...

hope ya have fun however you end up spending the weekend!

 
At 29 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! I'm sure that where ever or however you celebrate that it will be quite memorable!

 
At 29 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Tink!

Great minds think alike...I was thinking about that post of mine this evening. Thanks for including it in your list!

 
At 29 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am with you on that "caulk" post from Chris. It KILLS me.

 
At 30 December, 2006, Blogger EE said...

Happy New Year Tink!!!

 
At 30 December, 2006, Blogger mrspao said...

Happy New Year!!

 
At 30 December, 2006, Blogger Sunshine said...

Happy New Year and I'll make you a train cake for you and Hoop (God) to celebrate since you can't go on an exciting trip!

 
At 30 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Fresh Start, Clean Slate, Do-over, Tink!

I've been meaning to tell you...NO WORD OF A LIE...MY SISTER GOT A SPORK FOR CHRISTMAS!

I just had to share that.

 
At 30 December, 2006, Blogger Allison said...

Ah Tink, I'm glad I could amuse you this year with 2 posts that pretty much detailed my daily life in this good ol' town. LOL! I'm honored. Really. :)

And I'm so sorry that you guys can't just bang in peace. [sigh] You're welcome to come to PA and get your groove on in our rentail unit in the backyard. You can be as loud as you want and we've got beer on tap. Of course, you'll be having sex amongst a lot of camoflauge things, some dead turkey claws and feathers, and some antlers, but beggers can't be choosers, right? ;)

Happy New Year, Girl!

 
At 31 December, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

Happy New Year!! I have the utmost faith that you and Hoop will find some way to celebrate that will be perfectly you and utterly amusing. :)

 
At 31 December, 2006, Blogger Lucia said...

Happy New Year! Good resolution to stop making resolutions!

 
At 31 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That painting was so sweet! I've been catching up on all the hookers, puppies, sex charades, and rat poison.Been in Pittsburgh and New York.

Hope you had a great holiday, and have a happy New Year. Things will work out. Someday you will be able to holler in uninhibited reckless abandon!!!!

I am glad nobody was killed by the horse. Or the cherries. Focus on the positives, right?

Hang in there.

 
At 31 December, 2006, Blogger J-Funk said...

Happy New Year Miss Thang! I'm so happy I found your blog this year.

 
At 01 January, 2007, Blogger Peggy said...

Happy New Year Tink and Hoop!

 
At 01 January, 2007, Blogger Foo said...

There are way too many fucking hotels in Daytona.

At first, I read this and thought What's she complaining about, then? Isn't that what she was looking for? But then I realised that what you wanted was a tender lovemaking hotel. Point taken.

Oh, and Happy New Year!

WV: "diqaqod". Almost but not quite blasphemous. I can't say any more for fear of being struck by lightning.

 
At 01 January, 2007, Blogger Jess Riley said...

Happy New Year Tink!!! I'm looking forward to another year of wonderful posts right here. :)

(So glad the puppy is on the mend from the rat poison incident! And your holiday wrap-up was hilarious.)

 
At 01 January, 2007, Blogger Girlplustwo said...

what a great post. we, too, did the hotel search thing with amusing results.

happy new year.

 
At 02 January, 2007, Blogger Tawcan said...

Happy New Year!

 
At 02 January, 2007, Blogger Freakazojd said...

Haha - hope you found a place to stay OTHER than the back seat of your car.
Happy 2007 - I hope it brings wonderful things for the 2 of you! :)

 
At 02 January, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you did find someplace besides your backseat to celebrate the New Year. You deserve someplace romantic and comfortable.

 
At 04 January, 2007, Blogger eric said...

yeah i'll never forget that one. but you probably already knew that.

happy 07!

e+

 
At 05 January, 2007, Blogger graymama said...

At least you don't have to worry about being quiet in a car.

Happy New Year!

 
At 05 January, 2007, Blogger Arabella said...

Awww, Tink! Thanks for the shout-out! An extremely belated Happy New Year to you!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home