Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Tea, Anyone?

I always imagined I'd be good at reading tea leaves.

"Is it an acorn? Is it a bell? No... It's a two foot gash in the side of Hoop's car!"

Or not. There are some things you just don't see coming.

Weekend Recap:
1. Last night Hoop backed his car up into Papa Bear's work truck.
2. There's no damage to the truck. The "stang" on the other hand didn't fare so well.
3. My family sympathizes:
Tink: Poor Hoop. He's not having a good start to the year. He really loved that car. And now he's running late to work.
Mom: I guess my band-aid idea is out then.
Tink: What band-aid idea?
Papa Bear: We were going to doctor his car up for him, a big band-aid "X" right over the damage.
Mom: Now that I think about it, he probably wouldn't have found that as funny as we do.
4. Hoop's love for his Mustang is second only to me... Hopefully.
5. He refuses to put an air freshener up unless it matches his black on black theme.
6. He rides with the dash lights off so he feels more like he's in Kitt, from the Nightrider.
7. A few months ago he spent four hours spray painting his bumper so the paint wouldn't look so faded.
8. I think someone killed the Karma cow...
9. ...because surely Hoop doesn't deserve such an inauspicious start to the new year.
10. Saturday night Hoop and I went out on a date. All went well, save for a little cockroach incident at "Fruitbugs".
11. I took the waitress screaming as a good sign.
Tink: At least you can tell they don't see these things often.
Hoop: Why couldn't this have happened while we were eating? I guess we're not getting free food tonight.
12. After dinner we went and saw "
Eragon."
Tink: Hey Hoop?
Hoop: Hm?
Tink: I want a dragon!
Hoop: Sure thing babe.
Tink: You think I'm kidding.
13. Sunday, Hoop and I went to his Mom's for the night. Before she would let us free to party on the town, she made us watch an episode of "Six Feet Under," the DVD series Hoop got her for Christmas.
14. 45 minutes into the show she jumped off the couch in a frenzy.
Hoop: What's wrong?
Hoop's Mom: I forgot the phone!
Hoop: The phone?
HM: I'm on call tonight!
Hoop: So?
HM: I'm on call for the suicide hotline!
Tink: Holy shit.
15. Forunately there was only one missed call, and the caller was too drunk to even remember what she'd called for.
16. Hoop's Mom was LUCKY. I can't imagine suicidal people waiting to be called back.
17. New Years eve Hoop and I walked the town, stopping for a fancy dinner and a few drinks at a local hole-in-the-wall.
18. At a quarter to midnight I realized, I didn't want to kiss in the middle of a smoky bar. So we ran toward the fort to find a little space of our own.
19. Apparently I wasn't the only one with that idea. The fort wall was packed with giggling couples and kids passing joints and beer bottles around.
20. So with two minutes to spare we ran down the nearest side street, dead endeding at a wall over-looking the inlet. We kissed just as the fireworks started going off.
21. REAL ones, not just the ones going off in my head.
22. Then we snuck off to get kinky, in a place I'm too ashamed to admit to.
23. Let's just say I think Hoop and I have a lot of hail marys to recite. ;)

No pictures this weekend. I'm a lazy bum. How was your New Years?

Labels:

18 Comments:

At 02 January, 2007, Blogger Jay said...

Sucks about Hoop's car.

I would NOT be good working for suicide hotline.

Glad you had a good New Year's.

 
At 02 January, 2007, Blogger Peevish said...

I stayed home and watched trashy music videos... boooooring!

 
At 02 January, 2007, Blogger Newt said...

Oh man, poor Hoop. Maybe he should look at it as 2007 can only get better? Does that help at all?

How was Eragon? I heard if you read the book you should stay away from the movie. So I'm a little hesitant.

Sounds like you guys found a way to have a nice New Year.

How are those Hail Mary's going?

 
At 02 January, 2007, Blogger Mike Y said...

Happy New Year and sorry to hear about the Stang. :( I know how sucky that can feel. My Element has a big 'ole dent in the rear hatch from where I was trying to push it out of the snow. I need to get it fixed. My poor baby.

And that suicide hotline convo cracks me up. "What happened to Joe?" "I don't know. He was depressed and holding on to the suicide hotline." "Well, what went wrong?" "He got preempted for an HBO show!"

I shouldn't make light of it. I'm glad all went well.

And glad you guys got to smooch at midnight under the fireworks.

 
At 02 January, 2007, Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

You guys are better than a movie. Really. Your mother forgetting that she was on-call for the suicide hotline was hysterical!

We got kinky in the shower for New Year's - I shared so now you tell where your kinky place was.

 
At 02 January, 2007, Blogger Tink said...

Jay: Me neither. I'd be hard pressed not to invite them all over for ice cream. I mean, that's what gets ME by.

Peevish: Did you drink and poke fun at them? Because that could have been fun. :)

Newt: As someone who's read Eragon, the movie was disappointing. They followed the story for a little bit and then went crazy with their own ideas. It felt rushed and a bit like a made-for-tv movie.

>>How are those Hail Mary's going?<< I should probably look up how to say them first hm?

Mike Y: >>I shouldn't make light of it.<< Oh why not? Here, I'll start... Wasn't it odd that she missed a call to the suicide hotline because of a show about DEAD people? It's funny because it all turned out OK.

Debbie: I thought the "Hail Marys" were a giveaway. ;)

 
At 02 January, 2007, Blogger Chris said...

I think Hoop and I might be on similar New Year's tracks.

 
At 02 January, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ewwww! Is that really your kinky spot??? LOL

Poor Hoop's car. He should get a Jeep and then when he accidently runs into a tree and rips the bumper off, he'll just feel manly-er!

Happy New Year! I'm glad you had fun.

 
At 02 January, 2007, Blogger meno said...

My husband backed his car into my brother's car earlier this year. Damage all around.
That sucks.

 
At 02 January, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My new year's? Forgetable.

Happy New Year to you!

Six Feet Under is my favourite show ever. What episode were you watching?

 
At 03 January, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best part about driving a clunker (trust me, I know) is that when you drive straight into the parking ticket machine and it leaves a 2-foot gash in the hood, ya don't care! Poor Hoop. It's not healthy to love a car so much.

Glad you had a great (if kinky) New Year's!

 
At 03 January, 2007, Blogger Jay said...

Thank goodness nothing too serious was neglected, or else I'd feel guilty about laughing over the suicide hotline mishap.

Hopefully you've gotten your share of the bad luck over for 2007 and it'll be nothing but rainbows and dragons (?) from here on in.

 
At 03 January, 2007, Blogger Peggy said...

The Man of the Place and I went to bed early and were woken at the stroke of New Year by the resident teenager.

The teenager is now old enough to stay up until midnight. We're old enough not to.

 
At 03 January, 2007, Blogger ma content said...

Oh please tell me you did NOT get kinky in a church!
My inner Catholic is shocked.

Bwa ha ha ha!!

 
At 03 January, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Tink. Hopefully bad luck on the first days of the year means good luck the rest of the time. Last January 2 our house got broken into, the rest of 2006 turned out pretty damn good.

 
At 03 January, 2007, Blogger Tink said...

Susan/Ragingmom: No, not IN a church. But near one... Overlooking a cemetery and the place where we had our first kiss. But even I realized it was too close for comfort. :)

Rude Cactus: In Hoop's imaginary game room, along with his imaginary cobra and his imaginary maid who looks like a playboy bunny.

TB: I hope so. My wish for this year is that we BOTH find the house of our dreams.

Ch3ll3: It's the only unhealthy love he has... Unlike mine with coffee, cameras, and all thinks music/book/movie related. :)

Mamatulip: The first one (pilot). It was great! I just wish HBO Dvds weren't so dang expensive.

 
At 05 January, 2007, Blogger graymama said...

At least Hoop will always have his #1 love :-)

 
At 11 January, 2007, Blogger Amber Dawn Inventive Soul said...

You are SO FREAKING FUNNY!!!!
I have read a bunch of your posts--
I am in NYC, we have to pay to see/listen to people who are as funny as you!!! Thank you for the free FUN!

Amber

 

Post a Comment

<< Home