I always imagined I'd be good at reading tea leaves.
"Is it an acorn? Is it a bell? No... It's a two foot gash in the side of Hoop's car!"
Or not. There are some things you just don't see coming.
1. Last night Hoop backed his car up into Papa Bear's work truck.
2. There's no damage to the truck. The "stang" on the other hand didn't fare so well.
3. My family sympathizes:
Tink: Poor Hoop. He's not having a good start to the year. He really loved that car. And now he's running late to work.
Mom: I guess my band-aid idea is out then.
Tink: What band-aid idea?
Papa Bear: We were going to doctor his car up for him, a big band-aid "X" right over the damage.
Mom: Now that I think about it, he probably wouldn't have found that as funny as we do.
4. Hoop's love for his Mustang is second only to me... Hopefully.
5. He refuses to put an air freshener up unless it matches his black on black theme.
6. He rides with the dash lights off so he feels more like he's in Kitt, from the Nightrider.
7. A few months ago he spent four hours spray painting his bumper so the paint wouldn't look so faded.
8. I think someone killed the Karma cow...
9. ...because surely Hoop doesn't deserve such an inauspicious start to the new year.
10. Saturday night Hoop and I went out on a date. All went well, save for a little cockroach incident at "Fruitbugs".
11. I took the waitress screaming as a good sign.
Tink: At least you can tell they don't see these things often.
Hoop: Why couldn't this have happened while we were eating? I guess we're not getting free food tonight.
12. After dinner we went and saw "Eragon."
Tink: Hey Hoop?
Tink: I want a dragon!
Hoop: Sure thing babe.
Tink: You think I'm kidding.
13. Sunday, Hoop and I went to his Mom's for the night. Before she would let us free to party on the town, she made us watch an episode of "Six Feet Under," the DVD series Hoop got her for Christmas.
14. 45 minutes into the show she jumped off the couch in a frenzy.
Hoop: What's wrong?
Hoop's Mom: I forgot the phone!
Hoop: The phone?
HM: I'm on call tonight!
HM: I'm on call for the suicide hotline!
Tink: Holy shit.
15. Forunately there was only one missed call, and the caller was too drunk to even remember what she'd called for.
16. Hoop's Mom was LUCKY. I can't imagine suicidal people waiting to be called back.
17. New Years eve Hoop and I walked the town, stopping for a fancy dinner and a few drinks at a local hole-in-the-wall.
18. At a quarter to midnight I realized, I didn't want to kiss in the middle of a smoky bar. So we ran toward the fort to find a little space of our own.
19. Apparently I wasn't the only one with that idea. The fort wall was packed with giggling couples and kids passing joints and beer bottles around.
20. So with two minutes to spare we ran down the nearest side street, dead endeding at a wall over-looking the inlet. We kissed just as the fireworks started going off.
21. REAL ones, not just the ones going off in my head.
22. Then we snuck off to get kinky, in a place I'm too ashamed to admit to.
23. Let's just say I think Hoop and I have a lot of hail marys to recite. ;)
No pictures this weekend. I'm a lazy bum. How was your New Years?
Labels: Weekend Recap